Steel Jam show and and swap meet. Around Albany NY Area?

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

John De Maille

Post by John De Maille »

Andy,
I'd like to be there, too. I don't have anything to sell, but, pickin' is always fun. And, I don't think the price is out of hand to rent or borrow a hall for an afternoon. Make sure you keep bumping this post up, so, the guys in Conn, Mass and Rhode Island can see it. There's a great bunch of pickers up there.
Barry Hyman

Post by Barry Hyman »

If you all show up you can have fun laughing at a self-taught old guy who tunes ET and plays without picks!
I give music lessons on several different instruments in Cambridge, NY (between Bennington, VT and Albany, NY). But my true love is pedal steel. I've been obsessed with steel since 1972; don't know anything I'd rather talk about... www.barryhyman.com
Andy Narzynski

steel show jam swap Clifton Park NY

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Hi steel players,
things are looking good for this show . The address for the American Legion where the show will be held is 275 Grooms Rd Clifton Park Ny 12065. Well there you have it. Please if I can help you in anyway with anything at all concerning the show Tell me! Thanks Andy :!:
john widgren

Steel gathering

Post by john widgren »

Hey Andy,

I am planning on attending. I really like that your event will be vendor friendly, and will also be a gear swap and sell event. A great idea! I like the informal "come and play" approach. I will be providing test rides of the fabulous Telonics FP-100 multi taper volume pedal. I will be happy to answer questions, and will have a supply of these great units ready to take away.

See ya there.

JW
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Andy Narzynski

steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Thanks John,
I can't say enough good about this guy.
John is great player and a great tech if you need anything done. Can't wait to see you my friend! :D
Barry Hyman

Post by Barry Hyman »

We are going to play some music, right? I have nothing to sell and nothing I need to buy -- I am just looking forward to hearing some pedal steel and playing some pedal steel.

Will there be any kind of backup band? How do you plan to manage the jam? Fifteen steelers in a circle taking turns, or what?

Thanks for making this happen, Andy. Fun fun fun! :D
I give music lessons on several different instruments in Cambridge, NY (between Bennington, VT and Albany, NY). But my true love is pedal steel. I've been obsessed with steel since 1972; don't know anything I'd rather talk about... www.barryhyman.com
Andy Narzynski

Steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Hi Barry,
We will get in as much playing as possible. I want everyone that wants to play to get a turn. I will have 3 amps on stage to play through webb614e , evans fet 500 and a session 400 on stand by ready to go. My band will be there to play along. If you want to play to a backing track bring the cd you wish to play along with. I think I will post a listing of the songs we know. Its gonna be fun. I have some cool things setup for that day.I'm planning on giving some awards out at the end of the day. I'm trying to make this a great show for the people who come. :D :!: :!: 8) 8)
Patrick Strain

Post by Patrick Strain »

I just saw this thread. I have a gig that evening in Syracuse, but I'm going to try to make it. I'm looking for a good single neck steel to gig with and this sounds like the best opportunity to see what's out there in upstate NY. Thanks for putting this together.
Sierra Crown D-10 8+4, Sierra S-10 3+4, Carter D-10 8+7, Carter Starter 3+ a lot of engineering problems
Andy Narzynski

steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Hey Patrick,
Its guys like you ,and positive comments that make me want to do this. I have been pushing for people to bring stuff to sell. I can't tell you what will be there, but you may get a good lead on somthing. Thanks Patrick I hope to see you there.
Thanks Andy :D
Lloyd Potter

Post by Lloyd Potter »

Hi Andy, Thanks for hosting a Steel Guitar Show. Upstste NY needs something like this. If you need any help, just ask....Lloyd Potter
Andy Narzynski

steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Hey Lloyd,
Yes I need your help. I need you to be there if you can. The whole reason I'm doing this show is for guys like yourself. Thanks Lloyd hope we get to meet on the 2nd. Lets all get together and have a Great Day!! :D 8) 8) :!:
Andy Narzynski

steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Lots of interest . Lots of e-mails .
Were lookin good :!:
Thank you. :D
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Hey Andy:

I think this steel get-together you're planning is a great idea. There are many more steel guitarists and steel guitar fans around eastern NY than one might think. This event gives them a chance to meet and swap ideas and stories... very cool.

I would also like to attend if I'm able. I cannot make a solid commitment at this time as I will be out of town on Fri., 4/1 and at least part of the day on Sat., 4/2. But if at all possible, I'll be there.

I wish you the best of luck and success with the show and I've passed the word on about it to several folks (some players) who have expressed an interest in coming. Thanks man !!

Sincerely,
Chris "Tiny" O.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Andy,If Tiny shows up it will be a real treat,he's one of the greats and as good as it gets!!! ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Andy Narzynski

Steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Hi Stu,
I heard Tiny is a really great steel player. If he can make it that would be great. I'm ordering some cool pedal steel shirts that will be for sale that day. You need something to take back home with you even though an amp or steel wouldn't hurt. April 2nd save the date! Thank You Andy
Andy Narzynski

steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Hi,
April 2nd noon to 6. See you there.
John Kalament

Steel show Clifton Park NY

Post by John Kalament »

Hey Andy,
I'll be there and I will have a very nice LDG for sale plus a Nashville 1000 and 112 for sale also. Please let me know what time the doors will actually open.
Really looking forward to it !
Bob Vantine

Post by Bob Vantine »

Hey Andy ....
Looks like I'll be there also . Will be bringing some amps , pedals & bar pouches to sell . Thanks again for all your efforts .

***Bob V***
EQUIPMENT:
"TEAK" ZUM STAGE-ONE Steel / C6th Lapsteel
Peavey NV112 , CLASSIC and EFX112 amps
Peavey Guitars
john widgren

Get together

Post by john widgren »

Bump for a good Idea. I'll be coming with some friends, and will bring a bunch of stuff.
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Andy Narzynski

Steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Hi ,
to all the people out there thats coming to this I thank you. This is our show ! I Can't wait to meet all you great people.
Thanks Andy
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Andy Narzynski

Steel Show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

Hi players,
time is almost here. April 2nd 12 to 6. Good time for you players in our area to attend. Thanks Andy :D
Andy Narzynski

steel show

Post by Andy Narzynski »

TTT
Bob Vantine

Post by Bob Vantine »

ttt
EQUIPMENT:
"TEAK" ZUM STAGE-ONE Steel / C6th Lapsteel
Peavey NV112 , CLASSIC and EFX112 amps
Peavey Guitars
Fooch Fischetti

Post by Fooch Fischetti »

I'll be there. Only an hour from Woodstock! Looks like I'll get to see some good friends as well.

Fooch
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Fooch,If I didn't live so far away I'd be there!! ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.