Right Hand Alpha

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Richard Park

Right Hand Alpha

Post by Richard Park »

Anyone familiar with the Jeffran course "Right Hand Alpha", or have other suggestions for right hand technique instruction?
Jim Manley

Post by Jim Manley »

I have it and like it very much,I also have no speed limit 1&2 by Jeff which also covers a lot of right hand technique as well as improving speed.
fessenden d10,nashville 112,nashville 1000,peavey session 500,transtubefex,goodrich steeldriver 111,Gibson hound dog dobro,Appalacian resonator guitar.Marshall AS50D acoustic amp,Fishman Jerry Douglas imaging pedal.
Perry Keeter

Post by Perry Keeter »

Right Hand Alpha made a huge difference in my progress as a player. I was struggling with dexterity, blocking and tone. You won't be disappointed if you get this course..
Karen Sarkisian

Post by Karen Sarkisian »

I use right hand alpha tracks 3 and 4 to warm up before i practice every day. It has helped me immensely
Emmons PP, Mullen G2 and Discovery
Dean Parks

Post by Dean Parks »

If you want to try pick blocking, Joe Wright's DVD gives you a good start.
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

That course is very important and it covers a lot of fine details that most of us miss when learning steel guitar. He also closes in on the picks angle and how the attack is important. There is also some great pickin on there.
A.K.A Chappy.
Steve Whetstone

Post by Steve Whetstone »

I have played for 40 years and still watch Right Hand Alpha a couple of times a year. I am sold on it and believe it should be one of the first tapes (DVD, CD)every player should get. It even helped my Banjo playing and I can't play a Banjo. (But I can make a lot of noise).

Steve
Keith Davidson

Post by Keith Davidson »

Another vote for RHA, I'm a newbie (1 year) and have gone back to this course again for a refresher.

The thing you need to realize is that you will not make steady improvements as you do with other things you may practice. The palm blocking just happens IF you keep practicing...it's like magic, you keep practicing and seem to be making miniscule improvments and then all of a sudden it just works!

As others have said, you can't go wrong and it is a really good place to start.

If you can't pick - you can't play.
Gerry Dame

Right hand Alpha

Post by Gerry Dame »

I just got RHA and it is helping to break some old dobro habits. I really enjoy it and have watched it several times already.
Gerry Dame
Mullen SD10
NV112
Fender Pro Reverb
Peavey 212 Chorus