Don Helms Crosses The Line

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joey Ace

Don Helms Crosses The Line

Post by Joey Ace »

to Canada, that is...

Gord Thompson requested I post this notice about some great shows scheduled in Ontario.
Gord even suggested the title.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR><SMALL>
On April 30th come join Bob Lucier and his dynamic band Magnum at the Waterdown Legion fro 2-6 pm for a special show with a true country living legend. Don Helms of the original Drifting Cowboys Band will be in concert giving his tribute to the late and great Hank Williams Sr. Don was the steel guitarist that played the sounds we all became so familiar with when we heard a Hank Williams Sr. songs. Don Helms is the last of the original band and has performed throughout the world playing the songs we all know and remember so well.

As a special feature Don has with him Chris Malpass who will make you think you are watching Hank Williams Sr.himself singing. Over the past year they have performed for many audiences throughout leaving them totally mesmerized. Playing the same guitar today he played for all those great #1 hits.

Hear all his great stories of the times with Hank along with the steel guitar styling as only Don can play.This is a show you won't want to miss.

On May 5th in the Empire Theatre in Belleville Ontario a special Cancer Benefit show has been arranged with Don Helms and Chris Malpass as special guests.

Your chance to see and hear music like never before. A Tribute to Hank Williams Sr. as giving by the original band member himself. These are two shows that you will not want to miss.
</SMALL><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's great that Gord is bring such talented players to our area. Thanks Gord and Marie.
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

Joey,,i saw Don and Chris at McGee Miss. back in Dec. 2005,,Chris is as close to Hank as i ever saw anyone do,and ole Don is just as good as back when he was with Hank,,I talked to Don for almost an hour and still didnt get to ask all i wanted to lol..it is a Must see show...
Tom Harris
Leslie Elliott

Post by Leslie Elliott »

Don and Chris just played a show in Benton, Illinois this weekend and they tore the house up!!! They have a wonderful show and you are in for a special treat to see them work....it's a piece of history...something you may never see again. If you are anywhere near the venue DON'T miss them!! There aren't enough words to describe how they will make you feel and how much you will enjoy their performance. Do yourself a favor.... go see them and you will be all smiles with possibly some tears!!! Image Image Image Image Image
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Leslie Elliott on 25 April 2006 at 10:21 AM.]</p></FONT>
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

I will second Leslie's observation. As an extra bonus last weekend at Benton, Don backed beautiful Laney Hicks on one of Hanks songs, "I can't help it if I'm still in love with you". Needless to say this also brought the audience to their feet.
Bob Taillefer

Post by Bob Taillefer »

I never miss an opportunity to see and hear Don Helms.

I will be one of many sitting in the audience admiring his great style.

Bob
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Sounds like a great event; wish I could be there, sittin' right next to mon ami, Bob.
ollie strong

Post by ollie strong »

I've known Don for many years,and spent time with him a couple of years ago in Florida..It will be great to see and hear him this sunday,,,,I know it will be a great show...Ollie