1 4 5 1 in G

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Dave McKeough

1 4 5 1 in G

Post by Dave McKeough »

These are licks that I originally wrote out for myself years ago trying to incorporate some Tele techiques...this is the first one I've transfered to the steel to help move myself along....it's moving me along! I'm making myself more aware of what the actual notes are and what the pedals and levers are doing and I'm working on fast licks at the same time...hope you find them useful.

Dave

Last edited by Dave McKeough on 14 Mar 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Davidson

Post by Keith Davidson »

Thanks Dave,

Exactly what I was looking for. Makes perfect sense and should be helpful down the road.

Keith
Dave McKeough

Post by Dave McKeough »

No problem. I'm at the steel just over a year now so I by no means whip through these things but, I think they are different in that they are single note runs...not what we normally see in steel tab. I'm just taking my time trying to play them clean...the speed will come. Also, I found a post by Paul Franklin saying that it doesn't matter if you are in E9 or C6....they are just notes and you find a way to make it work. I'll post more as time goes on...not now though, gotta go watch the Leafs win!....hopefully ;) Where in NS are you? Good to see a local.

Dave
Keith Davidson

Post by Keith Davidson »

I'm in River Ryan, just outside of Sydney. I just got my steel last year but haven't had a whole lot of time to practice. Stayed at it pretty steady for the first 4 months but then family, work, and home renovations got in the way.

Been on and off with it for the last couple of months but probably nowhere near where you are. It's a fun instrument and the most difficult I've ever tried to learn but it's also incredibly addicting.

Nice to hear from you,

Take care,

Keith
Keith Davidson

Post by Keith Davidson »

Oh, and good luck with the leafs, I hear there is a bar offering free drinks for everyone if the leafs make the playoffs!