Carter Starter to a Pro model, Need Advice Chosing

Post here if you're looking for something special
Doug Murray

Carter Starter to a Pro model, Need Advice Chosing

Post by Doug Murray »

Hey Everyone!! I am finally on this forum! I never had time to actually set up an account until yesterday, but that's all in the past and this is my first post. :D
I need some advice. Long story short, I've been playing guitar for 20 years now. I was starting on Pedal Steel back in 2005 but gave up because I had a divorce going on. Now I have been playing Pedal steel for the last 4 months or so and it's all coming so fast that I feel I am ready to move to a pro model guitar from my little Carter Starter. It's been good to me and has really taught me well, but I am in a band now and we have our first gig coming up on April 8th in Alamogordo, NM! I am excited and wanted some advice from all of you fellow, more experienced steelers on a good Pro model that won't break the bank! I was looking for something around $1,500 at the most. Please help me out and give me some direction. I have the regular E9th Set up on the Starter and want pretty much the same set up in a Pro Model. My band is playing basically mid 80's to current Country Music with some Classic country stuff thrown here and there. Please help, many Thanks, Doug
Doug Murray 1976 Fender Dual Artist Pro, Fender 212R, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Takamine EF349, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Fender Hotrod Deluxe.
Marvin Born

Post by Marvin Born »

I don't know where you live in Texas. But the Texas steel guitar jamboree is this coming weekend in Dallas near the DFW airport. If you can make it, that would be a perfect place to see many of the top brands and several used guitars. Bring your bar and picks and set behind anything you like. Friday and Saturday are the big days.

http://www.texassteelguitar.org/jam.html

Marvin Born
Doug Murray

Post by Doug Murray »

Clark, Marvin thank you guys very much for the replies. Well, I'm in El Paso and can't get to the TSGA get together this weekend which sucks. I will look into the guitars that you posted forsale. If anyone else has any advice, that would be nice too.
Doug Murray 1976 Fender Dual Artist Pro, Fender 212R, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Takamine EF349, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Fender Hotrod Deluxe.
David Biggers

Post by David Biggers »

I heard S/W airlines is $69.00 from ElPaso to Dallas this week.
$39.00 from Tulsa.
Can't drive for that. Come to the show. It's great.
Doug Murray

Post by Doug Murray »

$70 Bucks to Dallas this weekend!!!??? Wow!!! Too bad I have other stuff lined up this weekend, or I'd be there in a Heartbeat!!!
Daniel J. Cormier

Post by Daniel J. Cormier »

Daniel J. Cormier
Rittenberry with Tone to the bone,profex or tubefex and what ever amp, hilton pedal, BJS bars. Email at kajunsteelman@yahoo.com.
Doug Murray

Post by Doug Murray »

Daniel, that is a SWEET ZUM!!!! Does it come with a case? Also, I am 6'4" and had to put a 2" lift kit on my Carter. Would I be able to get a 2" lift kit from Zum to fit it? Thanks
Dale Love

lift kit

Post by Dale Love »

Yes you can get a lift kit goto Zum Steels website get Bruces phone call him and go from there