Celebration 2006 Steel Guitar Show in April

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sherry Kauffman

Celebration 2006 Steel Guitar Show in April

Post by Sherry Kauffman »

New Philadelphia, OH – Hummingbird Music Studio of Sugarcreek, Ohio will be hosting, for the public, its sixth steel guitar show. The Celebration 2006 Show is set for, April 21, 22, and 23 in the Holiday Inn, 131 Bluebell Drive, SW., New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663. Exit 81 off I-77. PH: 330-339-7731.

Featured artist for the show include:

DeWitt ‘Scotty’ Scott of St. Louis, Missouri: Performances with Webb Pierce, Jim Reeves, Don Gibson, George Jones, and Buck Owens. Mr. Scott is the President of the International Steel Guitar Hall of Fame and is a member.

Herby Wallace of Sevierville, Tennessee: Steel player with Donna Fargo, Leroy Van Dyke, and Alabama. Mr. Wallace is a member of the International Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, St. Louis, Missouri.

Jerry Brightman of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio: Appeared weekly on National TV Shows including Hee-Haw for CBS and syndicated Buck Owens Ranch Show . During the early to mid 70's, recorded on 400 Major Label releases as a Capital Records Artist with: Buck Owens, Susan Raye, Tony Booth, David Frizzell, Lawanda Lindsey, and Buddy Alan among many others. Currently tours with various National Acts, with performances and clinics at steel guitar shows as a "Peavey Artist", along with maintaining an active recording studio schedule.(Information courtesy of
Mr. Brightman).

John Hughey of Hendersonville, Tennessee: Steel player for Elvis Presley, Reba McIntire, Kitty Wells, Porter Wagner, Vince Gill and Conway Twitty. Mr. Hughey is a member of the International Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.

Mike Sigler of Rushville, Ohio: Steel player for Ray Pillow, Margo Smith, Lynn Anderson, Holly Dunn, Grand Ole Opry, The Ryman Auditorium and the Ohio Valley Opry.

Rudy Osborne of Benton, Arkansas. (Hometown-Zanesville, OH): Steel player for Dottie West, The Gatlin Brothers, Rex Allen, Jr., Pee Wee King and Red Stewart.

Sonny Curtis of Columbus, Ohio: Steel player for George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Tex Ritter, Conway Twitty, and Hee-Haw.

Chick Donner, North Ridgeville, Ohio: Steel player for Webb Pierce, Margo Smith and Billie Jo Spears.

Buck Reid, Nashville, TN: Steel player for Lyle Lovett, John Anderson, Diamond Rio.

Chuck Campbell, Manassas, Virginia: Steel player for Mel Street, Claude Gray, Norvel Felts, Stan Hitchcock, Whitey Shaffer and Wynn Stewart.

The schedule is subject to change without notice.

A complete listing of all performers and schedule performance times will be printed in the program book.

Ticket sales begin, Wednesday, March 1, 2006.

‘Advance’ three-day tickets for $45 may be purchased from March 1st up to and including Friday, April 14th.

Tickets are:
Friday, April 21, $10.00
Saturday, April 22, $25.00
Sunday, April 23, $25.00

A three-day package, at the door: $50.00.

Children age 10 and under, free.

Tickets may be purchased by MasterCard, Visa or by sending a check (or) money order along with a stamped-addressed envelope to Hummingbird Music Studio, POB 325,
133 Frederick Drive, Sugarcreek, OH 44681.

This should be done at least three weeks prior the show dates to allow mailing time.

All ticket sales are final. There will be no exchanging (or) refunds offered.

Area lodgings include The Holiday Inn, 330-339-7731; Super 8 Motel, 330-339-6500; Motel 6, 330-339-6446; Knights Inn, 330-339-4116.

For further information, contact Hummingbird Music Studio, 330-852-2841; 800-361-1770. Web site: www.hummingbirdmusicstudio.com.

The public is welcome.

Thank you.

<font<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Sherry Kauffman on 05 April 2006 at 06:29 AM.]</p></FONT>
David Decker

Post by David Decker »

To the top ^
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Is that the same Mr. Hughey that did Conway Twitty and Vince Gill?
David Decker

Post by David Decker »

Yes it sure is.
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

I think Mr. Hughey had 20+ years with Conway Twitty/Harold Lloyd Jenkins and 10 years with Vince Gill. Gee what a talent!
Dave
Larry Phleger

Post by Larry Phleger »

I have not been able to get the link to Hummingbird Music to work. I have been having this problem for quite some time
David Decker

Post by David Decker »

Larry Phleger

Post by Larry Phleger »

Thanks Dave. Your link works.
Larry
Don Lampley

Post by Don Lampley »

Don Helms will be in Benton, Illinois at our show on april 21,22,and23 talked to Don and he said he would be there for sure so he can't be at this show sorry.

------------------
www.southernilproductions.com

Rockne Riddlebarger

Post by Rockne Riddlebarger »

Your show sounds like it will be a cool event and I hope to be able to attend but I have to say, (and without diminishing the talent you have assembled) that just once I would like to see an organizer include something for the lap steel/non-pedal and dobro enthusiasts. We and our instruments are not all collecting dust in the attic. These guitars are experiensing a revival worldwide, some show promotor should be hip enough to include them in their event. The term STEEL GUITAR does not just mean pedal guitars. Im really not trying to raise a lot of dust here, it is simply my observation.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Well, both Scotty and Don Helms play non-pedal steel guitar, and both Hall of Famers...
John Bechtel

Post by John Bechtel »

There are many PSG players who also play Non-Pedal Steel and more popping up every day! Some of the better~known players are also into Non-Pedal since the appearance of the Super~Slide especially! I guess all you’ll have to do is ask them to include both styles if possible! Image

------------------
“Big John” Bechtel
’05 D–10 Derby – (6 & 8)
’65 Re-Issue Fender Twin–Reverb Custom™ 15”
Current Equipment
Newest Steel
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

This is gettin' too close to the bottom.
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

To everyone that's enterested in nonpedal Steel, come to the TSGA show in Dallas Mar.9 thru 12. Chuck Lettes is hosting 6+ hrs. of nonpedal pickers. I know for a fact Wayne Cox will be playing the Steel Gitfiddle. you need to see & hear this. I'll also have My lattest blond one there for anyone to play if you'd like. Not a whole show but a start. See ta there. Andy H
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

An update on the show .I just got off the phone with Mr. Helms . With much regret he wont make our show this year as he indeed will be at the show in Illinois .Don informed me that due to his Stroke he cancelled his 05 performance and promised to do the next year health permitting . Which wouldn't be a problem except the Il. show got moved back a week making it the same wknd. as our show . Although we all will miss him and Miss Hazel I hope everyone understands that he would never intentionaly let anyone down . Don is one of the most honest and caring people I've ever met . We are already talking about doing another show this year featuring only him and perhaps a few local players . So don't be upset . We'll get to hear him again soon . Thanks for your understanding ...Rick
Todd Meadows

Post by Todd Meadows »

Thats a fact! Mr Helms is is a true gentleman and was a pleasure to meet. I'm sure he is as regretful as we are.
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

Well January is nearly over and April is just around the bend ! I spoke with the Holiday Inn and they've already got approx. 30 rooms reserved for the show . Fantastic ! You may want to get that reservation in early . We still have a great line up with some new faces and steel guitar styles . And even a surprise or 2 you wont want to miss . Make plans to attend ! Rick
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Push this one up to the top.

Miss Lana
SteelRadio.com
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

I've got my two rooms. Looking forward to a good time again!!

------------------
Past President, MASGA
New Mullen U12 (2004)
Dekley 8/4 (1984)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4

Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

That's great Glenn ! Always look fwd. to seeing and hearing you again . Bring that Mullen U-12 along . Your talent is a wonderful addition to the Friday night show . Won't be long now . See ya soon . Rick
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

Thanks Rick, Your show is one of the highlights of the steel show circuit. Looking forward to seeing old friends!

------------------
Past President, MASGA
New Mullen U12 (2004)
Dekley 8/4 (1984)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Glen E. Lanning on 30 January 2006 at 08:21 PM.]</p></FONT>
Chubby Howard

Post by Chubby Howard »

Should be a great show! Chubby Howard
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Rick
Sally and I are Looking forward to being with you again this year... Still one of my favorite shows of all to do!
we will see ya soon buddy!
Mike & Sally Sigler Image
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

Thanks for the kind words Mike . You are always a crowd favorite at every show you do . We're very glad you're doing ours again ! Hi Chubby . Man I can't believe how long it's been . Sure miss seein' ya . Why does life have to revolve around work and schedules ? I remember like yesterday the great times of story tellin' we had at past shows . You're top shelf my friend . Hope to see ya soon ...............Rick
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

Can you believe its Feb. already ? The show will be here befor you know it . Get your reservations in A.S.A.P. . All kinds of exciting things are coming together . You wont want to miss this one . Hope to see ya there ...........Rick