Wisconsin Dairy Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Dairy Jam

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Once again it's time for our annual Dairy Jam in Wisconsin. It will be held at the Hotel Mead in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, on March 18-19, 2006. Special rates on rooms by dialing 1-800-THE-MEAD. Rates will be 59.00 on regular rooms over 100 bucks a night. We'll be sending invites out within the week, but if you don't get one and want to play get ahold of me at my e-mail. Oh yes, by the way, our special guests this year will be Russ and Laney Hicks, the dynamic duo from Nashville, Tennessee. There will also be a get to know each other jam in the Mead Tavern on Friday night the 17th. Bring your axe, your vocal chords, and your wife/and or girlfriend.

------------------
1985 Emmons push-pull,Evans SE200,Fender Twin, Hilton pedal, Jag Wire Strings

Craig A Davidson

^
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Craig,

Have you got your order in for the snow yet? LOL!!
Just kidding, Teresa and I had a ball last year. You put on a GREAT show. We'll be there in spirit.

Mike Sweeney<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Mike Sweeney on 12 January 2006 at 10:00 PM.]</p></FONT>
Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

Hello Craig, count me in, I will come this year to the show, sounds like an exciting time of music.
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Bump for a an udderly great show!
Russ Hicks

Post by Russ Hicks »

Hey Craig.....Laney and I are looking forward to the show....it's a long drive but we hope to stop off in Peoria and see Dean and Eve Dobbins, that is if Dean has recuperated from Dallas by then.
I think it's great the way the three steel shows in that neck of the woods (that we've played)support each other; that would be Lefty at Waterloo, Bruce and all the boys in Quad Cities and your 'Udder Jam', tho this will be our first time there. I may get really inspired and get Dean to sing a duet with me; maybe 'The UDDER Woman'.
See ya'll soon,
Russ
Rick Lane

Post by Rick Lane »

NO SNOW,
NO SNOW
NO SNOW
NO SNOW
PLEASE
DeWitt Scott

Post by DeWitt Scott »

I was at the show last year and had a whale of a time. Mary and I did run into some snow, about 8 to 10 inches, but it didn't stop us from going. It is a good audience to play to so don't miss it! Scotty
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

Hey Russ-if this goes thru, it's about the eighth time I've tried to reply- the forum keeps saying they don't have anyone with my user name! Any way, I just wanted to say, Eve and I would be hurt if you and Laney didn't stop by! Just let me know what you want to eat. Ask Laney if she needs any more "Uglies" if so, we'll try to have some ready for her. (If Chuck & Shirley Campbell decide to come in that big ol' tour bus, tell him he'll have to park on the street this time! Oh, what the heck, tell him he can park in the driveway, I have a new mailbox on Lay-Away just in case)!
Love you guys,

------------------
Dino
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

Scotty- see you and Mary- and Michael?- in Waterloo.

------------------
Dino
Craig A Davidson

Dean, you are coming up to the jam aren't yoo. Did you get the invite? If not I will send you one.
Dean Dobbins

Post by Dean Dobbins »

Craig- I'm planning to-I need the cut-off date for the Mead, so I can reserve a room.
Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but as you know, I'm retired, and have nothing to do, but I've just been busier'n Hell doin' it!!
Looking forward to seeing you in Waterloo!

------------------
Dino
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

hey Craig,Susie,Chad~~
Barb and I are looking forward to your next Dairy State Jam in March--we really enjoyed visiting w/ Scotty, Mike Sweeney, and the rest of the gang last year!! And it will be a treat to see Russ and Laney again~~what gifted people!! So folks, mark your calendars and plan to be there. You'll have a great time! ...lefty
Tim Harr

Post by Tim Harr »

Craig,

I got your invitation to play at the show. I am looking forward to it.

See you on the 17th or so..

Tim
George McLellan

Post by George McLellan »

I just packed my snowshoes so I'm ready. See you all the 17th.

Geo
Craig A Davidson

There is no cutoff date as there are not any special number of rooms held back. But I would quick make my reservation. Also for the players wanting to play would you please e-mail me a confirmation so that i can keep track of things in one location. I am looking forward to this jam.
DeWitt Scott

Post by DeWitt Scott »

Hi Dean. Yes, Mary and I will see you in Waterloo next month. I'm not sure if we will be in Wisconsin Rapids this year. Time will tell. Your old pickin' buddy in St. Louis. Scotty
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Hey Craig. Did you get my e-mail reply? I would love to come back this year. i kept that weekend open just for you!! See you at the jam in Waterloo.
Craig A Davidson

Kirk i got it but am still waiting for some other replies also. As soon as I get them I will put a schedule together.
Craig A Davidson

^
Dennis Atkins

Post by Dennis Atkins »

Hi Craig, I just made my reservation, and am looking forward to my first Dairy Jam. I am pleased to hear that Russ and Laney are coming. I look forward to having a great time.

Will see you in Waterloo.

Dennis
Neil Lang

Post by Neil Lang »

I have had the pleasure of playing this show two times! It is another GREAT steel show here in the midwest! But then......with "grafted roots" from Waterloo, how can it go wrong?!!! Craig was very involved with that show not long ago! He has successfully started a great tradition there in Wisconsin! My hat is off to all these great guys & gals who promote and work so very hard on these annual shows!! GREAT PICKERS, GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT SHOW!!!!!!! I hope to make it up that way come show time!!!
Neil....Barb too!<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Neil Lang on 29 January 2006 at 06:45 PM.]</p></FONT>
Craig A Davidson

Neil we are looking forward to seeing you two in March. Remember gang about the special room rate at the Mead. Just call 1-800-THE-MEAD, and tell them you are with the jam.
Craig A Davidson

bump ^
Craig A Davidson

Things are shaping up for us. I talked to Danny Hullihen today and he is getting some Dairy Jam C6 string sets made up. I also added him to our line-up. It is gonna be a great show I think.