Dekley 12 string universal. Serial 112-0047

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jay Fagerlie

Post by Jay Fagerlie »

Hi Thiel-
You have a great axe there....I love my Dekley S12 (Ext. E9)

Hey Chris- You can put in some time on my Dekley S12 any time-just stop by and pick it up!....
(Just make sure you drop off that Emmons D10 when you stop by...)

Jay
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

thanx jay...i hate playing anything that isn't mine! ya hear me...mine..mine...mine...
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Hello Chris. I thank you for the compliment. Yes, I do want every cool steel out there, and this Dekley is definitely cool. I even have a Fulawka S-12, non U, but I suppose that it wouldn't get too jealous if I got another S-12, as long as it was a U. Well, I made it through Christmas not in debt, so who knows...
In any event, best of luck on the sale.
Duncan
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
Allen Winkelman

question

Post by Allen Winkelman »

being a newbie, can i ask whats the difference between an s12 universal and a 12 string extended e9th? is it just a matter of tuning. i guess what i want to know is can a 12 string be either with pedal and knee changes? im looking at an extended e9th now and was just wondering. thanks :) Allen
Dallas Cheked

Re: question

Post by Dallas Cheked »

Allen Winkelman wrote:being a newbie, can i ask whats the difference between an s12 universal and a 12 string extended e9th? is it just a matter of tuning. i guess what i want to know is can a 12 string be either with pedal and knee changes? im looking at an extended e9th now and was just wondering. thanks :) Allen
The 12 string universal E9/B6 is missing the ninth "D" string. That D note is usually on a knee lever lowering 2&8. You will only need to move some rods and bellcranks around if you really need that ninth "D" string. You will also need the correct gauge strings for positions 9,10,11,12. I changed my MSA S12U to extended E9 (a la Bill Keith) with low B as string 12, low E as string 11 and the rest as standard E9. I really needed that open D string to play diminished chords which are an essential part of my playing style, on strings 5,6,8,9 with the F lever only. But, that's just me. You may fall in love with the universal tuning, but if you don't, making the necessary changes to XE9 is not that difficult.
EMCI D-10 Steel 8+6, Peavey Nashville 400, Fender Twin Reverb, Stelling Staghorn Banjo,Vintage Premier Banjo, Dobro D-60 and F60S Squarenecks, Fender Stratocaster, Boss RV-5, DD2,GE7, Goodrich SteelDriver II.