212 tube steel amp Last one for 2010 ready to ship

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Ken Fox

212 tube steel amp Last one for 2010 ready to ship

Post by Ken Fox »

This is the last of the 212 amps we have built this year. These are priced at $2039.00 including the D2F cover. Shipping and PayPal fees are additional (if PayPal is used)

Same as our 115 tube amp with 2-12" Jensen Neo speakers.

Also only 6 of the 115 models are left for sale. Only 1 of those is ready to ship. I still chassis left to complete. We are done with traveling to shows, vacations,etc and are getting back to the last of the amps that need to be built for this year.
Those are $1999.00 and shipping.

Also only 4 of the reverb units remain for sale, all are in the lacquered tweed finish, $739.00 and shipping

Ian Thomas

Post by Ian Thomas »

Not sure what to type except that my 212 is the best amp I have ever played through. Not even close. And I've played through a bunch. Ken does incredible work.
Tom Wolverton

loudness?

Post by Tom Wolverton »

Is there a noticable vol. difference between the 1-15 and the 2-12 amps? I would assume that the 2-12 would be pushing more air, so it would be louder. Has anyone A/B tested the two different models side by side and really cranked them up.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Tommy Butler has both model. The 212 is a bit louder and a brighter tone. I noticed the 212 model is great for my wood body guitar or I can get a very similar sound with the bright channel on the 115 amp.

Adding a second speaker to an amp gives it a 3db increase in volume. The only way other than that to get a 3db gain is to double the power!

Our amps also have an aux jack that wires the external speaker (must be a 4 ohm external speaker) in series for an 8 ohm load. That special jack then switches from the 4 ohm tap to the 8 ohm tap on the output transformer for proper impedance matching. This is the same as Fender used for the late 1970's Twin reverb amps with the ultra linear output transformer. We do not use an ultra linear O.T. Our transformers are made to the original 1950's design with added secondary winds for the addition 8 ohm tap, and also an unused 1 ohm tap is there as well.

Tommy played the 212 model with Due West on a fair date at Perry, GA just recently. He said he had all the volume he needed and the guitar player asked him to please turn down!!
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

bump
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

Ken
Do you think anyone will take one of your amps to the SWSGA show in Phoenix next month?
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Not sure. We have a lot of amps in Texas, good possibility.

We are not planning on attending that show, but will be in Dallas.

We hope to have more of the reverb units in Brown and the 4 x 10 Tweed amp (5D6B) ready for that show as well as the steel amps.
Tom Wolverton

weight specs?

Post by Tom Wolverton »

Sorry to ask this again. What is the weight of both models? 1-15 and the 2-12 ?
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

46 lbs for the 115

49 lbs for the 212