Carter D-10 8x5 (SOLD PENDING FUNDS) (SOLD)

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Norm Kidwell

Carter D-10 8x5 (SOLD PENDING FUNDS) (SOLD)

Post by Norm Kidwell »

Here is a beautiful Blue Carter that has no problems. This Guitar is nearly mint and i say nearly because someone may find a scratch on it. This does have the Emmons set-up.Case is just as clean.price is $1800 plus shipping and ins. I am posting for it for a friend. his number is 765/662/7831. After 11 am. Now i have the right changer. The serial no. is 90968304 20 if anybody can tell me when it was made i would appreciate it. Thank You

Last edited by Norm Kidwell on 11 Dec 2010 7:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
tenstrings
Richard Durrer

Post by Richard Durrer »

I have a similar Carter D10 in Red 1999 9&8 and believe me, this is a great deal for someone. They are wonderful guitars. It appears this one has True Tones on it and should sound great.
1999 Carter D10 (9x8),Digitech RP150,Hilton Volume Pedal,Roland Cube 80XL,Nashville 112,BJS Bar
Norm Kidwell

Carter D-10 8x5

Post by Norm Kidwell »

Thanks Richard for the input. You are right .It does sound great. I believe this is a 2000 but not positive.
tenstrings
Norm Kidwell

Carter D-10 8x5

Post by Norm Kidwell »

Well now we have the right date and info.Your guitar was built in 1998 & has BCT, with 4 previous owners for which we have records.This came from Al Brisco.He is now the Carter Authorized dealer.
tenstrings
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

"He is now the Carter Authorized dealer."
That's true, but it's worthwhile to note that Al, and his business "Steel Guitars of Canada" has been an authorized Carter dealer since the early 90s.

There were no dealers in the USA, factory direct only.
The Magnum line was available from dealers, along with the Starter.

The situation was different in Canada, due largely to Al's close relationship with Bud Carter and John Fabian.

Anyway, this D10 is a fine instrument at a very reasonable price.
Dan Moslander

Blue Carter

Post by Dan Moslander »

Contact Al Brisco: 905-355-3056, Steel Guitars of Canada............Carter Dealer.

email: steelcan@steelguitarcanada.com
The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God" Psa. 14:1

don't have a gear list...I'm broke
D Watson

Blue Carter

Post by D Watson »

I am the owner of this guitar, Norm is selling it for
me as I can no longer play due to medications I am on. It is near mint. I see no BCT but I don't know what to look for. The second string half tone lower is on the 9th string feel as a lot of psgs are. The end plate is notched for the half tone change but there is no rod nor tuner. :) D Watson
Stephen Cordingley

Post by Stephen Cordingley »

I'm not sure what the last post said about the copedant (particularly on the second string).
Could you please post the copedant (esp. what the knee levers are set up for)?
I assume it has the capacity for the buyer to rearrange the knee levers...?
D Watson

Blue Carter

Post by D Watson »

Steve, The pedals and knee levers are all set up to what has become standard. The A B and C pedals are Emmons and not Day. The two changes on string two are what has become standard. It would be an easy matter to make any changes you would care to make. DW
D Watson

Blue Carter

Post by D Watson »

Steve, Norm tells me that your guitar is on the way. I think you will be pleased. It has sit in the music room for the past five years or so, so you will find some good old Indiana dust on it. One thing I want to mention is that the forth pedal raises the first string F# to G# and I think lowers the sixth string G# to F# on the E9th neck. I never used that pedal anyway. D Watson
Stephen Cordingley

Re: Blue Carter

Post by Stephen Cordingley »

D Watson wrote: The second string half tone lower is on the 9th string feel as a lot of psgs are. The end plate is notched for the half tone change but there is no rod nor tuner. :) D Watson
I think I see what you mean when I look at the photo of the raises and lowers. I assume that lower is on one of the knee levers (D lever? RKL, maybe?)
One thing I want to mention is that the forth pedal raises the first string F# to G# and I think lowers the sixth string G# to F# on the E9th neck. I never used that pedal anyway.
The first string raise is often on a knee lever raising the 1,2 and 7th strings. (G lever, RKR maybe?)
The lower on the sixth is often accompanied by a lower on the fifth as well (Franklin pedal?)

If it's been sitting around, it'll probably need some TLC, so I guess I'll get a tune up and a lever rearranging job on it soon.

Thanks for the info; I'm looking forward to its arrival, for sure.

I wish you a happy and healthy holiday,
Stephen