********Rob Parker******

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

So sorry to hear this. I've known Rob for years and he was always the same nice guy..... no fluff, no going along with the crown, no changing with the times, etc.... just a genuine good man and good musician and singer. RIP my friend.
Bob Strum

Rob Parker

Post by Bob Strum »

The service for our friend Rob will be as follows:
Visitation: 6:00-9:00 PM
Friday, Nov. 19, 2010
Lindsey Funeral Home
226 N. 4th Street
Paducah, Ky 42001
Tel #: (270)443-2489

Funeral: 11:00 AM
Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010
Lindsey Funeral Home

Burial:
The Murray Cemetery
Chestnut Street
Buck Grantham

Rob Parker

Post by Buck Grantham »

Rob was a solid rock of the steel shows. He was always the same everytime you saw him and always ready to help you any way he could. He sang with me many times when I really needed him . He was one of the good ones and will be sorely missed. I can see him now standing up in front of God's great choir with that solid gold mike in his hand. He won't have to learn any songs because he already knows thousands. RIP Rob 'my friend. I will not forget your kindness and love to us all. Buck & Mitzi
Music to light up your life
Johnny Zazuliak

Rob Parker

Post by Johnny Zazuliak »

Our love, thoughts and prayers are with the Parker family. Rob will truly be missed. Our memories will last forever. We have always looked forward to seeing Rob at various steel guitar shows. His voice and emcee work was one of a kind. We will truly miss him.
Kind Regards,
Johnny and Pat Zazuliak
Alan Harrison

RIP Rob Parker!

Post by Alan Harrison »

Had not been on the Forum for a few days and just found out about the loss of such a great friend of the steel guitar comminity. I never had the opportunity to hear Rob play Steel, but loved to hear him sing.

He was truly the Steel Players Singer. I sure will miss him...Our Prayers for his family and many friends.
Mullen (Black) Pre G-2 9x7, B.L. 705 PUP's, Evans SE 200 Telonics NEO 15-4, BJS Bar, Peterson Strobo Flip, Steelers Choice Seat, Folgers Coffee and Hilton Pedals.

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Jerry Reece

Post by Jerry Reece »

It was a terrible shock to here this news. I knew Rob for many years he was a great role model for many. He played many shows and conventions and made very many smiles. May he rest in peace for he is with our Lord. May the family find comfort that he is not suffering any longer. May the Lord Bless your family in your time of grief.

Jerry Reece
Sourthern Steel Guitar Convention
Bill Plemmons

Post by Bill Plemmons »

Good man, good musician, good friend. Always had a smile and a handshake. This leaves a big hole in the steel guitar community. He will be missed.
Bob Case

Post by Bob Case »

The steel player's best friend will be missed, but I know he'll be singing at God's next steel show.
RIP my friend, I'm glad I got to know you.
Bob Putnam

Post by Bob Putnam »

Rob, you were there for everyone else. The entire Steel Community appreciates everything you ever did for us. We won't forget you. Thanks.
Bob Putnam
Bobby DeMoss

Post by Bobby DeMoss »

Rob got up a sang a couple of songs on my set at the Route 66 show in Baxter this year and we just had a great time. This is truly sad news and I will definitely miss him.
A Rig-Zumsteel 08 Anti E9th 9x10, Vegas 400's x2 Lemay Mods, B Rig-Zumsteel 99 9x10, Stroborack's X2, Lexicon MPX200's x2.
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

Wow, very sad. It was always nice to hear Rob at Dallas and St. Louis. He helped me with lyrics a few years ago when I forgot the last verse of Above and Beyond. Very nice man and true talent. He will be missed.
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

Im very sad to hear this news. Rob was a good friend for many years. He defined the word "gentleman" and was one of steel guitars' greatest supporters. His calm presence and awesome vocal abilities made many steel guitar show sets much easier for me, and I always made sure that he'd be attending before I signed up to pick. Many great memories of Rob, on and off the bandstand, and I'll miss him greatly. Rest in peace my friend. My prayers for his family and multitude of friends and fans.
We've lost a good one.
sincerely,

MC
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

I'd also like to add my sympathy's to Rob's family. He was a dear friend and I'll miss him. I got to see one of his very last performances at the Lexington show weekend before last. R.I.P. Mr. Rob.

Nick
Russ Wever

Ray & Rob

Post by Russ Wever »

Two of the Best . . .
Twenty-five years ago . . .
Ben ODell

Rob !!!

Post by Ben ODell »

Can't figure anyway to express the grief. A true legend in the "STEEL GUITAR WORLD".

Our prayers are with the family.

Ben & Mickey O'Dell
Jack Musgrave

Post by Jack Musgrave »

I can't really add much to the great things that have already been said about Rob, other than the fact that I was richly blessed to have known him and call him a friend. He will be greatly missed
Eddie Lane

Post by Eddie Lane »

This is a shock. Rob was such a nice man and his music and singing ability spoke for its self. He will be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him. May God give comfort to the family and may Rob play lots of thumb syle steel in heaven.
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

RIP Brother Rob.
Our community is better because you were here.
You will be missed.
Mark Hayes

Rest in Peace Rob

Post by Mark Hayes »

I first met Rob in St Louis in 2009. We met again in September 2010 at the Nashville Jam in September.
It was like meeting an old friend. We talked for 30 minutes as if we were life long friends.

A true gentleman that will be missed in the world of the Steel Guitar. May his family find comfort by the fact that Bob will be missed by so many. You are in our prayers.

Mark Hayes
The Villages, FL
1975 Emmons P/P, D-10, 8-5, Black, Nashville 112, Hilton Pedal, and Line 6 POD XT.
Laurie Ayres

Post by Laurie Ayres »

Roy & I are so shocked and sadden to hear this news. Rob was such a big part of our steel guitar world. He will be missed. May God comfort his family as they go through this time. With a sad heart! Laurie
Bob Strum

Rob Parker

Post by Bob Strum »

Because of the many who want to honor Rob, the visitation will be extended.
Visitation: 5:00 to 9:00 PM
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

What sad news about our friend Rob Parker, I am so glad I had him as a fellow musician & friend, may god bless the family & all who new him. Jerry & Dee Foster
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

I am very saddened by this news, Rob indeed was a gentle loving man, I am so glad to have known him. RIP my friend.

tony
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Frank Speights

Post by Frank Speights »

Like many, I am in shock. I remember the last time I saw and talked to Rob. He was in Atlanta for the NW Ga Steel Show. I always enjoyed his singing. Now is on the big stage in the sky singing and performing the Lord and Angels. Rest in Peace, Rob. You are gone, but want be forgotten.
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

Phyllis and I will miss him at the Sunday morning church service at the Dallas Jamboree. He always said "if you're gonna be singin this early in the morning, isn't it great to be a bass singer".