********Rob Parker******

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

John L. Farrell

Post by John L. Farrell »

A sad day. Lynn and I will miss you, Rob Parker. Our condolences to the family. John and Lynn Farrell
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

I am very sorry to hear of Rob's passing. I never had the pleasure to meet him in person, but we communicated occasionally, and he touched so many people here in troubled times - he always had a comforting word in the right way at the right time. I cannot think of a forum member who embodied the term "steel guitar fraternity" better than Rob. RIP.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

I didn't know Rob, but it sounds like he was a friend to everyone. My prayers are with his friends and family.
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Such sad news. I only knew Rob from the convention, but he was always warm a friendly toward me.

We're losing too many of our friends.
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
Don Lanier

Rob Parker

Post by Don Lanier »

I will Miss Robs Booming voice as he welcomed us to St Louis and the ISGC, He was always one of the first in the door and always hung around with the guys, I like many others am Shocked and will Miss you Rob, too many of my new freinds are leaving far too soon, I wish I had known you for many many years to share the fun weve had. God Bless, My Condolences to the Family and the Steel Family, well miss you Rob.....

His will be done, In Jesus Name
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Precious Memories.

Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Rest in peace Rob..My condolences..
Hook
Chris Castle

Post by Chris Castle »

i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw this post...
i saw mr. rob at lexington last week,,, he was such a great friend of mine and my family...

this is truly sad and heartbreaking news...im still in shock...

rob was one of my first friends i made at my first steel show and was truly one of a kind... he was the ideal mc and steel guitar vocalist...his repetoir of songs was amazing to say the least...

he will truly be missed... :(

my condolences to his family...

chris castle
Mullen G-2,, derby d-10 rosewood 9&7, derby sd-10 black/birdseye, peavey 1000 and 112, hilton vp, walker seat
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

Very sad news indeed . Rob used to come to our Sunday jams when he was in this area . What a loss to the steel guitar community . RIP Rob .
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Another great loss to the entire steel guitar community. Our condolences to his family and friends.

Billy and Meriul Easton
Billy & Meriul Easton
Nashville, TN
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

It's so sad to learn that we have lost such a loved member of the steel guitar community. He was certainly a large presence at numerous steel guitar shows and his passing will leave a big void. We pray that God will provide strength and comfort to Rob's family.
...left & barb
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

when i did my 1st steel show in oak grove in 2000, the first guy to call for directions was rob. i was honored and nervous and assured him i was flyin' by the seat of my pants. i had seen him at several shows with his merchandise and i told him i didn't know if we would draw the crowd he needed and he said i am comin' to play! and can i emcee? i said sure.i am so glad to have known such a class act.
r.i.p. rob, man i love the way you handle the mic'
jack............
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Rob and I go back to the 70's in San Diego when both of us were active duty Navy, and working clubs at night. He has always been the same guy, each and every time I kept running into him throughout this life. Great gentleman and great singer.
RIP Pardner, I know you'll be pickin and singing with Bobby, Papa John and all those who have gone before.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Vernon Hester

Rob Parker

Post by Vernon Hester »

Rob was a good friend and will miss that big voice in our Steel Guitar jams.I was at Saluda the day he carried the Kids guitar inside and re-strung it for him.
Vern
Debbie Johnley Glaub

Post by Debbie Johnley Glaub »

Yesterday...I heard Rob say " Hello Darlin"
Today I heard the Angels say.."Come On In"
Rob..may your voice of the Steel Guitar go with you as you join the rest of your buddies you have so sadly missed. I know they were waiting with open arms.

I will miss you my dear dear friend...there will always be a hug in my heart for you and a pair of red socks...

My sincerest sympathy for Robs family and all of the friends he had all over the world.
Debbie Johnley Glaub
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

I am so sad tonite to hear of this news, and my condolences go out to The Parker Family. Mr. Parker you will be missed by the whole steel guitar community, and I sure am gonna miss that BIG SMILE and that DEEP VOICE whenever you would see me the 1st thing you would always say "WELL HELLO REDBIRD". RIP my friend, and I know that the Lord has a New Great Singer in the Band.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

This is sad news indeed. But on the other side Hal, Don, Jimmy, and the others before him have a vocalist now.
Suzanne Parkhouse

Post by Suzanne Parkhouse »

My sincere condolences to all Rob's family and friends. I will miss hearing him say, '' Hi there Miss Suzie, '' each time I got to a steel show. He will be greatly missed.
Sue Parkhouse.
Walter Stettner

Post by Walter Stettner »

After reading through all the posts it is still hard to believe that "the voice" of the steel shows is no longer with us. It is even harder to imagine upcoming shows without the big guy with the big smile and the big voice. I was always amazed by Rob's talents, his steel playing and especially his singing (how many songs did he really know - somebody asked for a specific song and he was ready to sing it, without ever having to look up the lyrics). Thanks for the long hours of pleasure you gave us, Mr. Rob.

My prayers and condolences go out to Rob's family.

Walter Stettner
Vienna, Austria
Last edited by Walter Stettner on 17 Nov 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Well, from all these posts, it is easy to see how much Rob meant to so many. He was certainly a great friend to so many steelers and a few of us drummers too. I've enjoyed many shows with Rob, and even got to play golf with him a couple times. This weekend in Saluda just won't be the same. Of course, neither will Atlanta, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, St. Louis, Texas..............

Rest in peace, friend.

Jim
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Sad to hear of his passing. I met Rob at St Louis years ago and last visited with him on a stopover in Paducah a couple of years ago.
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Our prayers are with Rob & Family . He will be missed ... David & Rebecca
Duane Dunard

Post by Duane Dunard »

Donna and I are very, very sorry to hear this news. Rob, RIP my friend.
Hank Ruf

Post by Hank Ruf »

What a sad, sad day. I will miss you brother.
Paul Polish

Post by Paul Polish »

It was a such a shock to see the sad news of Rob's Passing. He was a friend and his love of music and the steet guitar industry was evident with every show he attended. Dee and I send our condolences and prayers to Rob's family and friends. He will be missed.

Paul and Dee Polish