Brownsville, Texas area

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

JW Day

Brownsville, Texas area

Post by JW Day »

I'm planning on loading the motor home and heading to a warmer climate for the winter months. Naturally I'll have to have room for the steel and was wondering if anything much is going on in the Brownsville area. Not looking for a gig,just a place to park for a month or so and A good jam or club to hear some good ole' swing or country. Would like to meet some of you local steelers while in the area. JW Day
Michael Garnett

Post by Michael Garnett »

You might want to look up Lee Baucum. He lives in McAllen, just up the road from Brownsville.

Warmer climates? When does it get cold in Kentucky? It's just about springtime here in West Texas.

-MG
JW Day

Post by JW Day »

Thanks Michael. Our bad weather is upon now. we've had some cold weather, but the worst is yet to come. JW DAY
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

JW,
You better stop and pick me up on tne way!!! Image Image Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bob Knight on 09 January 2006 at 08:48 AM.]</p></FONT>
JW Day

Post by JW Day »

Bob, Give me a time an address, and we'll be there. I met one of you steelers at B-Green a while back playing a LDG, Would that have been you sir? If so, We certainly enjoyed the music. It was at Franklin,Ky.
Les Pierce

Post by Les Pierce »

I'm at my job, about 14 miles West of Hebbronville, not too far from the Rio Grande. (Somewhere back this-a-way from Laredo). Not quite Brownsville, by any means, but it is in the upper 70's, with just a slightly cloudy sky, and a "just right" breeze in the air. This is definitely the time to be in South Texas!

Lee would know, if anybody knows, that's for sure.

Les
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Well, it's almost 5:30 in the evening here and it has cooled down to 78 degrees. I hope that's warm enough for you JW!

If you're going to be in Brownsville, look up Lee Holeman. He's a steeler that lives in Port Isabel, which is a short drive from Brownsville. He posts on the Forum every now and then, so you should be able to find his e-mail address.

------------------
Lee, from South Texas
Down On The Rio Grande

Mullen U-12, Evans FET-500, Fender Steel King

MIKEHOLLAND

Post by MIKEHOLLAND »

Hi JW The Plummer Family Show here in Mo. will be pulling out Wendnesday of this week headed in that general direction. They have daily shows lined up in that area for the next 3 weeks.I will not be able to go with them this year but it is my understanding that they've picked up Gene McCulvey to do the tour with them.Gene is a fine steel player and has been working with the Ray Stevens show in Branson. Check out Plummer Family show .com for a complete schedule. <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by MIKEHOLLAND on 09 January 2006 at 05:54 PM.]</p></FONT>