Linda Hargrove

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Tom Stolaski

Linda Hargrove

Post by Tom Stolaski »

I had the pleasure of working with Linda Hargrove around 1979-1980. Linda died on October 24th 2010. She was a great person to work for. I learned a lot from her considering the short time I got to be around her. Linda had Pete Drake as her record producer. Her albums featured Pete Drake, Jimmy Crawford and the great Paul Franklin. My favorite video of Linda Hargrove is when she played on the show Austin City Limits. Paul Franklin played some amazing solos on that show. I think he had to learn some of the arrangements on the spot for the show since he was not part of her touring band. I am going to miss The Bluejean Country Queen. RIP Linda
Dan Galysh

Post by Dan Galysh »

I liked her songs, Tom. My condolences to you.
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

Ray Riley

Linda Hargrove

Post by Ray Riley »

Thanks Drew for posting that song. Ray
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Also some trivia the late John Hughey recorded one of her hit songs on his first steel guitar L.P.

Terry Wood
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Very sorry to hear about her, Tom. I know you'll always have great memories of those times.
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Tom,
I got to meet Linda at Pete's Place. She sang and wrote from the heart!
RIP Linda
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

I got to hear her in about 1975 at the San Antonio county fair,I remember Bobby Black's brother Larry was on guitar and I was so star struck I couldn't even say hi...she was really great,very sad. :cry:
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Wade Medlock

Post by Wade Medlock »

I learned to play steel guitar by pickin' to Linda Hargrove and Waylon Jennings records. I miss them both. RIP, Linda and Waylon.
Dan Johnson

My Dads favorite

Post by Dan Johnson »

This sucks she was one of my Fathers favorite female musicians , found a bunch of her records , had some bad to the bone steel on it , I think Pete Drake.
My heart goes out to friends and family.
James Pennebaker

Post by James Pennebaker »

This is very sad new and I'm just now finding out about it. When I moved to Nashville in 1993 Linda and I had some writing sessions that were arrange through mutual friends. She was most helpful to me as I tried to get in the songwriting game. We wrote one song together that we actually finished and had a few more in the works when she decided to move back to Florida and I lost track of her. I gave up on the songwriting thing after a few years as it's a gift that I just wasn't blessed with. Linda was definitely blessed with the gift and her legacy and music will live on.

James P.