KSGA meeting Sunday

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

ray qualls

KSGA meeting Sunday

Post by ray qualls »

Don't forget our monthly meeting this Sunday, December 4,2005 at the Senior Citizen building at 4th street & West Ave. in Baxter Springs, Ks. Time will be from 1:00-5:00 and we'll have cake & pop & coffee & lots of good music. January's meeting has been cancelled as its on New Years Day. Meeting is open to the public, so come on in!
Ray Qualls-President(KSGA)
Leland Ogle

Post by Leland Ogle »

Ray, we are going to have our original bass player and drummer this Sunday. Kyle Ogle on bass and Trent Faulkner on drums. They've been playing in the Jazz Band in school and are ready to go. Hope Douglas can make it this Sunday as well as anybody else that wants to play or listen. We miss ya Doug.
Lee
Bill Edwards

Post by Bill Edwards »

maybe we will have myself a hillbilly steel player show up haha
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Hey Bill, would love to have you to come up! Its been awhile since I've seen you. Might be kinda cold on your cycle tho! LOL
I'll save a piece of pie for you. Ray

------------------
Ray Qualls
President(KSGA) www.rayqualls.com

Elizabeth Qualls

Post by Elizabeth Qualls »

'Tis the season to be jolly.....
What a wonderful time of the year to get together and a steel guitar club meeting at that!! We are not only going to have great music,but food also Image Coffee,soda pop,bbq cocktail smokies,pie,snacks and who knows what else.So come on out round 'em up while the playing is good,food so yummy,down out right good country folks,can't get any better then that!
All the KSGA members wish all our friends a very "Happy Holiday" and a wonderful "New Year" with lots of peace & love.
We love ya'll.....
Lavelle Pierce

Post by Lavelle Pierce »

Ray,I am trying to go.I will try to get Virgil to come with me .See you later.
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Lavelle Pierce on 05 December 2005 at 03:02 PM.]</p></FONT>
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Lavelle, I have your DVD ready for you. I'll give it to you Sunday if you make it. Did you get your T-shirt? Hope you and other members of the SSSGC can make it. Looks like its going to be a fun time.

------------------
Ray Qualls
President(KSGA) www.rayqualls.com

Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Dana Stewart here, we will try to have Austin there on Sunday, if Randy makes it back from AR. in time. We always look forward to seeing everyone. Merry Christmas!
Michael McGee

Post by Michael McGee »

Ray, don't you think every picker needs to bring a Christmas song ready to play?

I know it will be tough, but we need a challenge occasionally.
<font size=1>
Changing the subject, can anyone help me with the first 3 notes of 'Jingle Bells'?
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Mike, I think thats a good idea! How about "Hope you have a good Thanksgiving" in the key of "C". Just kidding as Christmas started back then.lol You got me lost on the first 3 notes of Jingle Bells. Might be C-F-G if you're playing A#dim13th.
All kidding aside, we're going to try to have a Christmas theme and its a good idea about everyone having one picked out. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Ray & Elizabeth
Elizabeth Qualls

Dana,I sure hope that ya'll can make it as I really believe Austin has a great time and it's always good to see your family too.Maybe grandpa & grandma can make it up sometime too.Michael it's always a pleasure to have you come play with us and Lavelle and Bill it will be great to see you both too and Lavelle maybe you can bring some up with you from Siloam Springs.We'd love to have a house full.....
Lavelle Pierce

Post by Lavelle Pierce »

Hello Ray;I talked to Virgil.He said he was going.He and I are going together.We will leave around 10.We will have to leave around 3:00,so we can get back before dark. See you Sunday.Thanks
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Lavelle Pierce on 05 December 2005 at 03:04 PM.]</p></FONT>
Lavelle Pierce

Post by Lavelle Pierce »

I will not be playing any xmas songs but I might sing one.Ha-Ha.I don't have any xmas rythum tracks so I have not been practicing on any so I will eat while the rest play of you play.Ha-Ha.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Lavelle Pierce on 05 December 2005 at 03:13 PM.]</p></FONT>
Michael McGee

Post by Michael McGee »

ttt.
Elizabeth Qualls

Wow.....it's got cold again,but inspite of the weather we will have a good time anyways! We're looking forward to seeing everyone again....
Leland Ogle

Post by Leland Ogle »

We are going to sing happy birthday to Rob Parker at our meeting tomorrow. I think Mike should sing lead.
Lee
Elizabeth Qualls

Doug and Betty hope you can make it tomorrow.We miss you!!
~Ray & Elizabeth~
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Hello everyone. Dana here again. All plans are for us being there. Mom and Dad are planning to be there as well (they better be, they have Austin with them, ha). Dad and Austin don't know any Christmas songs, but it looks like they will know them by the end of the day :-)

Can't wait to get there and visit with everyone.

Lavelle Pierce

Post by Lavelle Pierce »

Virgil and I will leave at 10:00.I won't be playing however,I have been sick.See you in a little while.
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Lavelle Pierce on 05 December 2005 at 03:16 PM.]</p></FONT>