Hilton Volume Pedal

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jeshua Lehman

Hilton Volume Pedal

Post by Jeshua Lehman »

I just bought a hilton vp (used) and am having problems getting it to work. It is plugged in and it doesn't effect volume it only gives one volume out. I have ajusted the three potentiometers on the bottom labled: tone, Off point and volume while changing the position and have been unsuccessful in my attempts to get it to work any suggestion are appreciated.
Thanks
Lehman, Jeshua
pre-RP Mullen D-12, Fender Steel King
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Contact Keith Hilton.
James Martin (U.K.)

Post by James Martin (U.K.) »

I have Keiths latest pedal, had it for two years now. That happened to me -- I undid the two retaining bolts and pulled the two sections apart and found the wireing from the plug had come adrift. Soldered it back and had the pedal up and running within 15 mins.You might need to push a small screwdriver between the two sections to help get the screws back in.You're out of warranty so might as well have a go.Easy job, still going strong.
Jeshua Lehman

Post by Jeshua Lehman »

Mr. Martin, I took your advise and pulled the pedal apart and did a visual inspection of the wiring that yeilded nothing. Then being an Electronics technician I decided to look at how it work. It appears that as the pedal moves it move a peice of fiberglass between two LEDs this made no since to me then I found a little peice of plastic at the bottom of the pedal that had a gray shade scale on it. It has hot glue on one side and appears to be the piece that varies the light changing the volume. I say all of this to ask does it matter the side on which I glue the shaded lens? Does it matter the type of glue I use? And what should be the orientaion of it, meaning does the dark side go up or down?
Thanks
Lehman
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

It does not matter which side of the film is glued. It does matter which is up or down, the light or dark end of the film strip. The darkest side of the film needs to be up, or closest to the top part of the pedal. Otherwise the pedal will come on backwards. If you damage the film strip don't worry I will send you another one. I also repair pedals. Thanks for using my product.
Jeshua Lehman

Post by Jeshua Lehman »

thanks that is what I need to know