JUGTOWN JAM--Gardendale, Ala.--Oct.30

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Russ Hicks

JUGTOWN JAM--Gardendale, Ala.--Oct.30

Post by Russ Hicks »

The jam will be held at the Masonic Lodge, 536 Decatur Hi-Way, that's just north of Gardendale on Hi-Way 31, and will feature Randy Beavers and 'me', clearing the way (warming up) for MISTER Hughey, John, that is, and we may let Laney sing one or two on the breaks between the 'feature artists', but only because there'll probably be a sizeable crew from Tuscaloosa there. Also featured will be one of the best rhythm sections any steeler could ask for; Rick Vanaugh on drums and Ric Boyer on bass.
One o'clock pm until.....Ya'll come.
rh
Tim Bridges

Post by Tim Bridges »

Bump!!!
Larry Hicks

Post by Larry Hicks »

Can't wait, Russ! Gonna be lotza fun.
LH
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

THE ALABAMA GANG WELCOMES OUR FIRST LADY AND REIGNING POSSUM QUEEN MISS LANEY HICKS BACK TO OUR AND HER BELOVED STATE. WE WILL ALLOW RANDY, MR. HUGHEY AND OLE RUSS TO PICK A LITTLE, WITH OUR FIRST LADY'S PERMISSION OF COURSE.EVERY THING MUST BE CLEARED THROUGH OUR FIRST LADY. YOU PICKERS JUST THINK THAT YOU ARE THE HONORED GUEST.THIS SHOULD BE A GREAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
BILL AND "THE ALABAMA GANG"
Max Williamson

Post by Max Williamson »

As ole Hank used to say,if the Creeks don!t rise and the good Lord!s willing I intend to be there so save me a good seat.

Max
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Who from the Jugtown Club is in charge of this Jam? I would like to converse with them. Thanks,
Bill
Bert Ballard

Post by Bert Ballard »

Had a great time at the Fish Fry. Enjoyed being with all our friends and meeting new ones! Looking forward to the Jam at the Masonic Lodge in Gardendale on Hi-Way 31, Sunday (Oct 30). Can't wait to hear our favorite singer (Laney) with her "great back-up band" (Russ, Randy Beavers, John Hughey, Rick Vaughn, Ric Boyer)etc.
Bryan Knox

Post by Bryan Knox »

Well howdy, Mr. Bert. Glad to see you joined the forum!!

Regards,
Bryan

------------------
Help prevent juvenile delinquency...teach children to STEEL

Jimmy Campbell

Post by Jimmy Campbell »

What time does the jam start Sunday.
Bert Ballard

Post by Bert Ballard »

Look forward to seeing you and Robin. The program starts around 1:00 - until.
Linda Plowman Fikes

Post by Linda Plowman Fikes »

Hey Bert (& Annie Lois)! Can't believe it!!! You finally joined the forum!!! (And you've been playing steel MUCH longer than I have!!! Tee hee! I'm convinced that only geniuses play steel guitar...you have to play that instrument with your whole body...I'd never figure it out! By the way, you did a fantastic job playing steel in the recent Patsy Cline's "Always" production at Theatre Tuscaloosa. You sure did Patsy proud. Your steel and the whole band was great...we thoroughly enjoyed it. (We'll see ya in Gardendale, too.) Y'all be careful driving up...Linda & Bobby
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

The ALABAMA GANG eagerly awaits the Homecoming of our FIRST LADY MS LANEY HICKS.
We have a small surprise for her. Glad she is bringing hubby, Randy and Mr. Hughey along with her. Bill and THE ALABAMA GANG.
Bob Simmons

Post by Bob Simmons »

Hey, Bert, didn't know you knew how to use one of these contraptions....ha! So you got to do "patsy" huh? I played the show at Shakespear Festival Montgomery this past summer-- was fun -- great cast off-broadway, your bud
Bert Ballard

Post by Bert Ballard »

Bob: You don't have to know a lot if you have a secretary. See you Sunday in Gardendale!
Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

EVERYONE GIVE MY POSSUM QUEEN A BIG HUG AND A BIG JUICY SMOOCH AND TELL HER I LOVE HER....
ALSO REMIND RUSS, THAT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR
THERE IS GREAT BASS FISHING AT SANDSTONE
FALLS.......HE'LL KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN..
YA'LL HAAVE A GREAT TIME ... WISH I COULD JOIN
YOU, BUT CANT......JENNINGS
U PK;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +
Randy Beavers

Post by Randy Beavers »

I want to say thanks to everyone for making the "Jugtown Jam" such an enjoyable day. I really appreciate your show format. I wanted to play and that's just what you let me do. Since I don't play anywhere but at steel shows I don't normally get a chance to stretch out. I had a great time and look forward to returning again if you'll have me.

------------------
Randy
click here
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

This was my first steel show, and WOW!!!

I knew these guys were good, but I've never seen anybody play like these guys. I was blown away by all 3 of them. Now I can't decide if I should practice or quit!!! Image

D-10 Fessenden, Nashville 112, Session 500
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Tyler, Don't quit. They do make it look so dog gone easy don't they!! This was a great Jam and gathering. Russ, Randy and Mr. Hughey were fantastic. Just kept getting better and better. The "ALABAMA GANG'S" official First Lady was presented flowers and a Alabama Senate Resolution Commending Laney as our "FIRST LADY". It was a good Homecoming for Laney. Also we were blessed to have Mrs. Linda Ployman Fikes sing a couple of numbers with Mr. Hughey and sharing her Faith. It was indeed a great day in The Great State Of Alabama. I would like to personaly Thank all the people at this Jam for displaying encouragement and support for our forming ALABAMA STEEL GUITAR ASSOCIATION. We are going to make it happen.
Bill and "THE ALABAMA GANG".
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

Randy, Thanks for coming and ""letting your hair down". What a super picker and nice guy you are. I hope you will come back to Alabama. All 3 of you were great. Oh, I'm sorry all 4 of you. I forgot Russ. Image No joke it was a great day. Steelguitar, vocals and the band were all top notch.
Max Williamson

Post by Max Williamson »

Great show,Everybody was super,Russ,Randy,John,Laney and Linda.
Linda Plowman Fikes

Post by Linda Plowman Fikes »

Hi Everybody! Just wanted to say that it was an absolute blessing to be a part of this special day with these gifted musicians and hearing Laney sing was just the icing on the cake for me...for all of us! I've been a huge Laney fan ever since we began singing weekly on "The Lake Brothers" television show when we were just 10 years old. She's like a sister to me and it was wonderful to be a part of the Jugtown Jam and to see her get her special award!!! Thank you for inviting me to sing a couple of songs, too, Laney & Russ! It's beyond words to express what it meant to me to once again sing "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" with John Hughey on steel. It's been many years since we did that song together on so many Conway shows. Thanks, John! It was really special! I also appreciate the opportunity to share one of my favorite songs, "Family Bible", and a bit about our daughter's move to Heaven, her organ donation, and my recent breast cancer battle. If you'd like to read more about "our story", you can do so at www.lindaplowmanfikes.com I believe with all of my heart that as we continue to choose to trust God amidst our adversities, He will enable us to persevere to do our purpose for Him. He will enable us to "make our difference". It was wonderful to be among all of you at the Jugtown Jam and I look forward to future jams. God bless you all. Thanks again...so very much...
Linda ^j^

------------------
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Linda Plowman Fikes on 10 November 2005 at 07:18 AM.]</p></FONT>