Practicing on the steel

Post here if you're looking for something special
James Golliher

Practicing on the steel

Post by James Golliher »

I have been playing about 1 1/2 years along with some CDs and am looking for a good country music steel instrumental CD to practice along with. Does anyone have some good suggestions for me? Jay :?:
Larry Robbins

Post by Larry Robbins »

Hi James,
They are all good. But, the best thing to play along with is other people! Nothing will get you thinking like a player or..make you a player faster than playing with other folks...if you haven't so far..get out and play with other folks..get up on the bandstand and let er rip!..if you get lost just lay back on the ol volume pedal! :D ...if you wait untill you "think" you are ready...you will wait too long :) ....best advice I ever got was from our friend Bobbe Seymour " now, get out there and make some money" !! :lol: ...play along with other PEOPLE! you will love it!

Larry
Twang to the bone!
Ken Metcalf

Post by Ken Metcalf »

Band in a box is good to play with
https://sanantoniosteelguitarassoc.com/
MSA 12 String E9th/B6th Universal
Little Walter PF-89.
James Golliher

Practicing steel guitar

Post by James Golliher »

Thanks Larry for your input. I am leaving for winter season in Mesa, AZ in mid November, where I will have the opportunity to play in jam sessions. Here in Michigan, I have no one to practice with other than my instructor, Gary Seegert. He is an exceptional steel player and has become a good friend. He may come out to Phoenix for the convention in January. Thanks, Jay
Bob Carter

CD Tracks

Post by Bob Carter »

Hello James, Tony Prior has some of the best practice tracks I've found. www.tprior.com
Also another one is Bill Lawson. I don't have his address but he's lives in Jacksonville, Fl.
Good luck and keep on pickin'
All the best,
Bob
Roger Hand

tracks

Post by Roger Hand »

One of the best i have seen is BOBBE s PRICELESS
and tracks. Real country.