Down for A while

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Sutton

Down for A while

Post by Bill Sutton »

I, first of all don't know if this is in the right place or not, but I want to let all my friends on here know this. So I hope you all get this post. I had to go this morning 8-30-10, Monday, & have an injection done in my back, lower spine. I won't know, the Dr. says, rather it worked or not for a few days up to a few weeks possible. If it did'nt work then i'm going to have to have a major back surgery. I want to thank all you who have said nice, good things about my music. I will probably be off here for a while, however I will be back on just as soon as possible.

Your Friend In Music
Bill
Bob Mc Donald

Post by Bob Mc Donald »

wishing you all the best Bill,you will be back before you know it. leave your steel set up your back will thankyou for it.

Bob.
Dick Sexton

Best of luck....

Post by Dick Sexton »

Be thinking about you Bill... Give it the time it needs and you'll be back at it before you know it.
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Hey, Bill, absolutely best wishes with your back issues.
I had tremendous pain several years ago, and after a massive struggle with insurance problems, an M.R.I. showed a severely herniated neck disc. All of the doctors I saw suggested or insisted on surgery, which would have been very dangerous, invasive, and irreversible. I was even called a "moron" by one doctor for wanting to research all angles before surgery.
Eventually I took a series of non-invasive stretching therapies, and had complete remission of symptoms with much less residual effect than there would have been with surgery.
Of course I don't know about your specific condition, but I would strongly suggest research and exploring every available option for your own best well-being.
Very, very good luck to you.
Ron Patrick

Post by Ron Patrick »

Bill, I just had back surgery 6 weeks ago .No pain since then . Just take it easy and do what the doctor tells you, nothing more and you will be fine. Hope to hear more of your great playing when you are back at it . In my opinion you are one of the best .
Ron Patrick
Don Brown, Sr.

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Hi Bill,

We're hoping the injection works so you can avoid the surgery. So just take it easy and know you'll be missed and thought of as well.

Get well real soon.

Don, Helen & Family
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

Bill you have my best wishes and prayers. I know about "injections", and prayers for things that will keep me on track. Almost always to do with music, in my case, my little dog, and prayers.

Stay abreast of the Forum if you can. It's the "right place" for most changes in our lives.

Just watch it if you feel cranky. You can tell people off that think they can ruin your career....

:)

EJL
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Bill, about 4 years ago I had a herniated disc in the lower disc in my neck. The doctors who I went to see said surgery would be necessary. My good friend in Tulsa Don Compston (RIP) told me of a pain management doctor in Tulsa who had helped him so I got an appointment with him. Dr. Lester gave me a steriod shot then in about 2 weeks another one. The pain went away and has not come back, so you might should have a positive outlook for the shots to work. Dr. Lester told me if the shots did not work he would use a monitor screen guided needle which produces radio waves to disolve the protruding tissue. However, this was not necessary. This great Dr. Lester was killed in a private plane crash in Tulsa last year as he and his family were leaving Tulsa in dense fog for an OU football game. If you could find a doctor like Dr. Lester that would be great. He was a tremendous person and he fixed my problem without surgery. I wish you the best.
Jerry