Fun in the Fulawka Room 2005

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Red Kilby

Fun in the Fulawka Room 2005

Post by Red Kilby »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say a special thanks to everyone who came in and was part of all the Fun in Fulawka Room this year in St. Louis.
I hope you all had as much fun being there as all of us that entertained you had??

I would like to send out a special thanks to the following musicians that participated in making the sound so great, Chet Gibson, Butch Cornwell, Lonnie Portwood, Chris Caruso, Steve Pittico, and my fellow compadre singing Mike Siler. If I am leaving anyone out please come right on in here and say so!!!!! <<<<.

Especially I would like to thank Eddie and Irene Fulawka for coming down all the way from Canada and giving us all such a great venue to perform our music. I love you both!!!!

I would also like to Thank everyone out there that purchased one of my CD's, I hope you enjoy the REAL COUNTRY MUSIC thats on there, It came from my heart!!!!

Take care, and God Bless everyone out there.

P.S. Please keep all the folks down in Louisiana and Mississippi in your Prayers.
www.redkilby.com <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Red Kilby on 05 September 2005 at 04:49 PM.]</p></FONT>
Ken Mullett

Post by Ken Mullett »

That's right, Red! There was some great picking,singing and grinning in the Fulawka and Derby Rooms.Anyone that didn't check this out missed some great COUNTRY Music!In the 4 days I was there I probably spent as much time in those rooms as the main ballroom! Image
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

They need a bigger room, most of the time you couldn't even get in the door.

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording

Ken Mullett

Post by Ken Mullett »

It did make for a very intimate atmosphere!!
Image Image Image
Randy Candler

Post by Randy Candler »

Hey Red, Thanks for supporting Jonathan with your great vocal work. I even heard sirens on (The Fireman). Special thanks to Ed and his wife for the great hospitality, and kindness. He says he comes to help people there at St Louis, and his actions speak loudly, he even brought short legs and peddle rods for his guitars, and it came in handy for the talent show that Jonathan played in. The musicians were # 1, and thank you Butch and Chet for alowwing Jonathan to sit in. Randy and Jonathan
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Hey Red my friend!!!!
Sorry we couldnt make it this year......would have loved to be in on this........Butch is a Buddy so is Ed....I never realised how much fun it was 'til last year..our first time!
Hope to see you in Dallas next year....thanks for the CD....anyone want to hear proper country music...with a great voice and some of the finest Steel players...they need look no further than Reds CD.........its Great!!!
Tony
Mark Krutke

Post by Mark Krutke »

Ed F. builds a great guitar. It's very smooth and easy to play, and the tone was very good on the Fawlawka guitar. Had a good time jamming with you all!

....and I finally saw what Red Kilby looked like Image

------------------
Mark Wayne

<A HREF="http://www.authenticrecording.com" TARGET=_blank>www.authenticrecording.com</A>
Jeanie Richardson

Post by Jeanie Richardson »

Thanks for everything Chet. It was a pleasure meeting you and Harold. Fun time.
Next year I hope. Jeanie
Howard Kalish

Post by Howard Kalish »

Hi Red - I had a great time sitting in on fiddle in the Fulakwa room. Great playing and singing going on in there and the crowd really seemed to enjoy it. I was glad to get to play a little after hearing all that good music all day. Chet and Butch sounded terrific on those fine looking Fulakwa guitars.

Keep swingin',
HK
Kirk Hamre

Post by Kirk Hamre »

Red,

This was my first Steel Convention...really had a fantastic time. All the folks in the Fulawka Room were great. I'm enjoying your CD. When do I get to climb over the Rockies in a 200 car train with you?...I'll bring my Osh Kosh Overalls and shovel the coal!!! Have you ever pulled Tehachapi? http://www.trainorders.com/cameras/tehachapi_still/1.php

Kirk Hamre
Oakland, California

------------------
2001 Emmons Lashley LeGrande II, Model LST10L, E9th Single 10 String on a Double Frame with pad, 3 Pedals, 5 Knees, RKR is a double stop. 2005 Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp. Boss GE-7 Equalizer. Sho Bud Volume Pedal. BJS Bar.
Chris Caruso

Post by Chris Caruso »

Hey guys! It was a pleasure picking with you all. Red Kilby, Chet Gibson, Steve Pitico, Howard Kalish, Butch Cornwell, Mike Siler, Bobby Primm, and of course Lonnie Portwood! What a band!I can't wait to do it again next year.
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

Hey Kirk, No I have never run the Tehachapi Loop, but I have run the Moffatt Tunnel Route here in Colorado, thru the Rockies.

I have mainly run Union Pacific trains in Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas and North West Texas.

Take care, and hope to see you again.
Chris Caruso

Post by Chris Caruso »

Does anyone know that tireless drummers name?? He sure was good!
Lonnie Portwood

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

YES!!! It was another good "reunion" in the Fulawka room this year. Thanks to all the pickers who stopped in and shared their talents with us. Special thanks to "Howie" for bringing the drums and hanging in there with everyone. Thanks to Red Kilby for keeping it country, to Rob Parker, Steve Piticco for amazing us with his "tele" mastery!. Being in St. Louis each year has become a reunion of friends and I look forward to seeing all you folks each year. It's like a dose of medicene to a sick person. Thanks especially to Ed and Irene Fulawka for making it all possible to enjoy what we love, and of course to Scotty and Mary and his family members who work so hard each year to give us this wonderful event. thanks for letting an old picker have some of the best times of my life. Lonnie P.
Richard Mileski

Post by Richard Mileski »

Chris Caruso, the drummer you are asking about is my son,Howard Mileski,from ST.Paul, Minn.He lives to drum and enjoys country-western and 50 &60 rock styles.I play a 72 Emmons so that got his interest in country.