A big thank you from Australia

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Adam Lang

A big thank you from Australia

Post by Adam Lang »

I just wanted to send out a big thanks to Wanda and Billy at Billy Coopers Steel Guitar Shop in Orange VA.
They both went out of their way to help me choose my first pedal steel (GFI Ultra S-10,Goodrich volume pedal,tone bar and Billy Coopers "Born to lose" instructional book/CD) and then ship it to Australia which is no easy task.
I have been playing banjo, guitar and bass for the last 26 years and I am enjoying the challenge, amazing scope and tone of the pedal steel.
It's hard to believe that more people are not taking up such a beautiful instrument.
Thanks again, Adam.
Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

Congratulations, Adam. Billy is one of the BEST to deal with.

You've got a wonderful guitar that will last a very long time and give you many years of excellent service.

And the addiction begins! :lol:
Best regards,
Mike
Ned McIntosh

Post by Ned McIntosh »

Hi Adam,

Great choice of gear and vendor! Now you're in the wierd and wonderful world of the pedal-steel guitar, life will never be quite the same again.

Glad to see the gear arrived OK. I've had three steels shipped (air-freighted, actually) from the States and Canada and it is a real "heart-in-mouth" moment when the package is delivered. The sigh of relief when you open it up and find nothing is damaged can be heard almost around the world.

Anyway, you're off to a good start on a journey that never ends.
The steel guitar is a hard mistress. She will obsess you, bemuse and bewitch you. She will dash your hopes on what seems to be whim, only to tease you into renewing the relationship once more so she can do it to you all over again...and yet, if you somehow manage to touch her in that certain magic way, she will yield up a sound which has so much soul, raw emotion and heartfelt depth to it that she will pierce you to the very core of your being.
Adam Lang

Post by Adam Lang »

I play banjo, guitar, bass, mandolin and lap steel, but none of those instruments have facinated me so much as the pedal steel. It is indeed a sweet addiction :D
GFI Ultra S-10, Dunlop 7/8 bar, Goodrich L120 volume pedal, GFI Kari-All seat.