Emmons Steel Guitars

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

Chris Schlotzhauer wrote:
Stephen Gambrell wrote:AAHH, some good ol' Emmons bashing. Next, somebody start a tuning thread.
You must have been asleep for the last few months
Chris, when I saw you, you were playing a D-10 Emmons with the Derailers. Never touched the back neck, said you didn't play C6, but had the D-10 for it's resale value. So I guess have been asleep.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

I wouldn`t compare Emmons and Franklin, those are two totaly different worlds...

Db
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Kenny said

"Thanks everybody for all the comments! Emmons is still one of the best"

Really, even when they ship a defective guitar and even forget to include a pedal board!!
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Stephen Gambrell

tbhenry...First of all, spell out your name. Second, HUSH!!!
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

S T E P H E N G A M B R E L L

Did I spell your name correctly this time?
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Stephen Gambrell wrote:
Chris Schlotzhauer wrote:
Stephen Gambrell wrote:AAHH, some good ol' Emmons bashing. Next, somebody start a tuning thread.
You must have been asleep for the last few months
Chris, when I saw you, you were playing a D-10 Emmons with the Derailers. Never touched the back neck, said you didn't play C6, but had the D-10 for it's resale value. So I guess have been asleep.
That's right. I love my Emmons. It was made by an honest business man and craftsman who took pride in the building of it and the final product.
I still have it and plan on keeping it.
I now play a Rains for the very same reasons.
I still buy D10's for the same reason.
I love to tool around on my C6, but E9th keeps me busy.
I remember your comment that night. I felt like it was a jab at my playing. That's cool.
I stay very busy NOT playing C6
Haha
Stephen Gambrell

tbhenry---Yes, you spelled my name correctly.

Chris, I didn't make that comment. A friend with me did. So I guess you WERE snoozing, huh?
Bill Howard

Re: Emmons Steel Guitars

Post by Bill Howard »

Kenny Martin wrote:Ya know, i have been reading all the B/S about Emmons and how they should do things as well as what the recent customer feels and thinks about how they have been treated!

I am 50 years old and have been in sales 34 years and work for a manurfactor that produces Freightliner trucks!

Every now and then they build a bad batch of trucks which takes a while to work through!

After all the years of building steel guitars, Emmons has made a few bad ones! So what! Every company does this because they are made by people and change in people can result in a bad product sometimes! You just fix it and move on and the best thing is to not comment good or bad as a company!

I bought Emmons in 1986 because it said Emmons on the front of it! I never question the quality because Buddy Emmons had his name on it and you would never think he would have his name on something that wasn't the best!

My daddy had a 1966 Emmons because it said Emmons on it and he also told me it was the best when i was 9 years old!

Bottom line is it is still the best or at least in the top two!

Funny thing is when you see steel guitars for sale they seem to always sale for less than a Emmons or a Franklin! I recently put my Derby D10 on the forum for sale and had one offer! $1500 less than what i ask for it!

I put my 1986 Emmons D10 P/P on the forum and it sold for $350 more than i paid for it in 1986! I sold my daddy's 1966 which needed work for around $2000! Daddy bought it for $800!

I still have the Derby for sale and no offers!

Bottom line is, stop bashing Emmons, even the new ones because they are still at the top and unless they do something very stupid, they will always be!

Yeah, i know there will be alot of comments on this but let me say this, i don't give a damn because the proof is in the demand and the demand is greater for Emmons and Franklin than any other steel being built or that has been built!

Also if you don't like this post i also don't give a damn!

Thanks Emmons for letting me play steel on the best guitar i have ever played since 1969 when i started!

And yeah, here's some ego! I can play, i'm not the best but i can play, so i can back up what i say!

thanks so much for stopping by!
km
Kenny I had 2 Sho Buds before I finall bought a franklin,the first was a Pro one you couldn't keep in tune unless you were an Octopus,since I'm dumb and don't catch on quick I got ANOTHER Sho Bud and LDG 1000 in 1986 it was about 1750.00 new,I had it LESS than 3 Months was Playing it Knee Lever hit the floor(GREAT POT METAL),right in the MIDDLE of my ride!.Sold it NEXT Day to Music Store waited till convention and got franklin. I Also have an EMMONS LL2 it stays in perect tune and sustain is the BEST I ever heard.
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

daddy said if you talk the walk then walk the talk!
here's my new steel thanks to a good friend in Tx!
it will be here in a day or so! hope soon cause i've been without a steel now for two weeks! 8)
i feel naked cause i have had a steel with me since i was 9 years old and i'm 50 now! :whoa: :lol:

chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

so....someone wanted the derby after all?
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

yes they sure did Chris!
i only lost $950 so that's not bad is it?
and i delivered it! :P

so nice to hear from you again! :P
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

Kenny, I have 77 Emmons P/P that I love dearly. I was not trying to "bash" the Emmons Guitar company in anyway, shape or form.I know they make a great product in a previous post. There are lemmons in everything.This is true. People do make things that we use and need every day. For example I owned a Peavey amp,one time. I could never get the eq at the correct settings. I thought it might be the right amp for my guitar. I didn't care much for the sound.So I got a new amp about seven years ago,with the help of a couple of friends we got the sound right, for guitar. Did I bash Peavey? NO! The company that manufactured my amp produced a great product.Same can be said about cars,they do make some bad ones.
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

I have a "68" p/p and basically like Emmons Guitars but would not consider ordering one new. A friend of mine Put money down on a new guitar and for over a year all he got was promises and the run-a-round. He finally got tired of it and bought my old MSA.

As far as manufacturers not being real agressive at trade shows, it maybe they are booked up pretty solid. It does seem that some are more open to show their product than others. I've had some that ask me to set down and play their guitar and others that pretty much ignore you. :roll:
Jimmy Lewis

Post by Jimmy Lewis »

It takes many years to win a customer and only 10 seconds or so to lose that customer.n My point being if you treat the customer good you will never lose him and he will spread the word about how well he was treated. If he is treated bacly the customer will give the company a bad name and it can and will stick with them from time immemorial hopefully spelling on that word was correct.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i like the spelling of 'lemmons'...kind of a conjunction of lashley and emmons.
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

close er up b0b!! i think this one is done!

thx er body!