New solo cd by Jesse Jay Harris

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Dave Zirbel

New solo cd by Jesse Jay Harris

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Check it out! It's a little light on steel but if you're looking for some amazing tele picking you'll find it HERE. I believe this is Jesse's first solo release since he's been playing with Rancho Deluxe.

Here's a few reviews:

Real Country Music!
author: Johnny Isaacs
Jesse Jay Harris, guitarist with the amazing California Country band Rancho Deluxe, son of Flying Burrito Brother guitarist Greg Harris, Jesse Jay Harris steps out to the front of the stage with a solo album of his own. If you're familiar with his music with Rancho Deluxe, then be prepared for more of that great sound, top-notch songwriting, and singing. (If you're NOT familiar with Rancho Deluxe, buy all three of their CD's next!) Harris' guitar playing is the gold standard, taking the best from vintage Telecaster players, through todays modern players, sounding a bit at times like a mix of Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, and Mark Knopfler. "Thanks Danny" a tribute to the late Danny Gatton, would make him proud. Folks, this is what todays country music should sound like. Every song on here is fantastic. Do yourself a favor and purchase this CD!
Read more...

If you've ever hauled @$$....
author: Randy Phelps
If you've ever hauled @$$ down a highway or run the last 4 miles of a marathon or flown down a mountainside of powder, you know the exhilarating feeling of freedom and breaking away from everything and every one who ever held you down or held you back. This cd is like that. I tossed this on my ipod and went for a run this morning at 5... my heart was pounding at the pace I was at... driving over to the tractor supply, I looked down and the old Jeep pickup was pegged at 80 on a ranch road. Even the ballads on this cd have a driving force to them that makes you listen and makes you get up and move! This is not music for passive listening. Sure, the textures are beautiful and amazing, but this is music for doing! Jesse Jay Harris' voice both singing and as a guitar player is singular and strong and pure. The talent is apparent from the first notes... if I were to compare him as a singer and player, the closest I could come to a parallel would be Ricky Skaggs. His voice is sweet and pure and rich and when he stops singing... WATCH OUT! It is like the second coming of Albert Lee. If this isn't the best album on CD Baby, let me know which one is better and I'll buy two! As it is, I am buying copies for my brother who keeps asking "What is the next big thing?" I think it is Jesse Jay Harris. Real Music for Real People who wanna hear someone who can haul ass and wanna haul ass themselves!

Seriously this is worth checking out out. Jesse is the Best In The West!

Dave
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Oh yeah... I've heard it and Jesse hits it hard.
He just may be the best of the new generation of Tele pickers.
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

He just may be the best of the new generation of Tele pickers.
You may be right! :D
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
Russ Tkac

Post by Russ Tkac »

Great stuff. Thanks Dave.

Russ
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

music from the 'california coastline'...
Alvin Blaine

Post by Alvin Blaine »

chris ivey wrote:music from the 'california coastline'...
Some of the best music comes from there, and more than people think.

I taped a show in Nashville a few months ago, and Keith Bilbrey interviewed us. He asked me in the pre-interview where I was from, when I told him originally California, he said "Oh, we wont talk about that".
It felt kind of sad to find out that a Grand Ole Opry MC and WSM DJ, doesn't know how much great music comes from California.

Back to the thread subject.. Jesse is a great picker and nice guy. I jammed with him at some bluegrass festivals when he was playing with "Old NO. 7".
Jesse Harris

thanks!!!!

Post by Jesse Harris »

Hey thanks for all of the kind words fellas,

Dave thanks for the plug!!!!

I haven't been lurking around here much these days since I have been focusing on my tele playing.

I very much miss my fender 1000 though, selling that was a mistake!!!

Anyhow, this is such a great forum, I am honored to be mentioned here.

Thanks all,

-jesse

oh, and chris, I got it, I love that tune, 1st one he ever wrote.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

thanks for 'getting it' jesse. i know he must be very proud of you!
Danny Naccarato

Post by Danny Naccarato »

Just got back from Europe with Jesse. It was a pleasure playing those tunes.

Great listening, great playing.
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Hey Jesse, you forgot to mention your cd release party this Saturday! 6/12

The Cinema Bar, Culver City (never a cover change)
http://www.thecinemabar.com/

:)
Dave Zirbel-