Dynalap?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

David Eastwood

Dynalap?

Post by David Eastwood »

I've been gradually convincing myself that a Dynalap is the next most likely purchase in my lap steel journey - but was surprised to find that the website no longer is accessible:

http://www.dynalap.com/

I get a "403 Forbidden" error. Hopefully this is a transient condition - anyone have any inside info?

Thanks,
David
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

I get a "403 Forbidden" error. Hopefully this is a transient condition - anyone have any inside info?
I've been trying to access the Dynalap site for the past couple of days... I keep getting the same error message. :cry:
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

I have been trying to get on to that site also. Seems like it was working last week.
I just emailed him at dynalap@aol.com
Hoping all is well and I get a response.
gary
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

Update.... I received a reply from my email to Dynalap. Mark responded that he is no longer taking orders due to a back log in his regular cabinetry work. :\
Ron Whitfield

Post by Ron Whitfield »

Ouch! I guess I can forget about the ten string I was hoping for...
Hope he get's back in action soon!

Thanx for the update.
Mark Vinbury

Dynalap on Hold

Post by Mark Vinbury »

An increase in my regular cabinet business and some recent health issues have made it necessary to close down Dynalap temporarily.
In this economy it doesn't make sense to put aside paying cabinet work for "Labor of Love" instrument building, much as I enjoy it.
I expect with some effort toward streamlining of the building process and a little redesign I can get back to offering the lap steels.In the meantime I am keeping a file of requests for information and will get back to you when things turn around.
David Eastwood

Post by David Eastwood »

Thanks for the update, Mark!

I hope your health issues are resolved (or being resolved), and I look forward to seeing Dynalap back in action again soon.
Ron Whitfield

Post by Ron Whitfield »

Indeed, all the best with your health, Mark!
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

I wish you all the best, Mark. One of my students purchased a new Dynalap from you just a few weeks ago and he loves it! I look forward to seeing more Dynalaps in the future.
Josh Cho

Missing Dynalap

Post by Josh Cho »

Thanks for the update, Mark, we hope to see you and your guitars again soon.

I just picked one of your Model 2's up and I'm loving it--very well built, the pickup's nice, and they're light and nimble just like a ukulele.

I now understand your comment about the time involved in making these: the fretboard is all inlaid wood, the bodies are hand-shaped--you're not going to find that from a cheap import.

Hope to see you back soon (but I also hope your cabinetry business keeps cranking too 8) )

Best wishes,

Josh
Tom Pettingill

Re: Dynalap on Hold

Post by Tom Pettingill »

Mark Vinbury wrote:... In this economy it doesn't make sense to put aside paying cabinet work for "Labor of Love" instrument building, much as I enjoy it...
Sad news for steelers, but great news for you and your family! I'm sure everyone can understand that. What I don't think most people understand is that you were practically giving your steels away. Here is wishing you the best of luck and health moving forward.