Steel guitar tuners

Post here if you're looking for something special
Bob Bishop

Steel guitar tuners

Post by Bob Bishop »

I need to know about steel guitar tuners and a good one to buy, and if anyone has a good one for sale.

Thanks
Bob Bishop
Dwight Lewis

Tuners

Post by Dwight Lewis »

I have some for sale in the accessories section. They are new. Thanks

Dwight
Dekley (PRS-10C), BMI S12
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Bob...I am reading this to be that you are looking for a tuner as opposed to tuning keys, is that correct? If so there are several options available depending on the amount you wish to spend. Once the subject is clarified, I am certain you will receive some useful suggestions.
Bob Bishop

Post by Bob Bishop »

Yes- I am looking for a psg tuner ,I was told that a peterson strobe stomp II was one of the best,and cost about two-hundred. I was looking for one that cost a little less. Thanks David for helping me clear that up, as I am old, but new to the psg world.
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

Hey Bob, The Peterson Strobe is 199.00 shipped form Mus. Friend in Ks. City. but it will be the the best I have ever used and easy too. If you use a rack the Korg 1000 is good also, around 100.00. See them on the Forum once in a while..My 2 cents...Ron
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Bob...The Boss TU-12 tuner works very well, I used one for years before purchasing a Peterson. While the Peterson is pre programmed with steel guitar settings, a tuning chart will be needed with the Boss (unless you tune to 440 straight up). This chart can be found in the Mel Bay book, "Anthology of Pedal Steel Guitar" by DeWitt Scott. If you do not have that particular book, you may contact me and I will gladly e-mail a copy of the chart to you.
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Bob, you need a chromatic tuner, almost any brand will do. One of the least expensive, that will work fine, is the Korg CA-30, about 20.00. Try the Jeff Newman tuning chart: http://www.jeffran.com/tuning.php That's all you need to get started. Good Luck.