Emmons Guitar Co.

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Lest we forget; the first guitar sent;

Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

I am in the process of getting Ivano a pedal rack. I have found one, we are just making sure that it absolutely fits.
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

WTG Kevin
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Can someone post all the pictures of the defects in the first guitasre sent pleaqse!!
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Sorry tbh! That's the only one I kept, as it was the most egregious.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Here's a link to some of the photos. Scroll down to the bottom to see Emmon's handy work. Emmon's Junk Guitar
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

And the beat goes on and on and on and on and-----------------------. :whoa:
Walter Glockler

Post by Walter Glockler »

..........and for a good reason
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Erv, You better beleive it as long as inferior products are sold and customers are given poor service an communication the beat will go on and on and on an on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Let me just state that not all Emmon's guitars are junk, but this one was definitely not what a new $5000 guitar should have looked like.

And Erv, your loyalty is very admirable, but I just don't understand how someone can defend such shoddy workmanship and poor customer service. No hard feelings towards you and I think you do a wonderful job with your tabs.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

It seems that the pedal rack that I located for Ivano is for a short keyhead LeGrande and not a LeGrande II/III. I'm trying other sources. Got to get this right.
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Ok Kevin,
remember that any Emmons rack pedalboard for Legrande II or III it will be ok.
If you don't find don't worry, we will ask Bobbe Seymour, that I know he is out of stock now with that pedalboard, but we can wait better times.
In the meantime, I hope that with that Ivano pedalboard that they have received when he sent it back to them at Emmons Co. they can hang it on their door, as a talisman, for their future business.
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Hi guys,
Ivano have sent the last conclusion to them, just because he wanted them to know other couple of things also about the new one that he has received.
I'd like to put it also here for you all to see, because I like it a lot.
Anyway Ivano is going to spend again other 250 dollars or more to purchase a new pedalboard. How can't they think that if he only have it at his home he would not be the happiest man on earth ? Why he want to bother again other people and wait again for a pedalboard to arrive from wedontknowwhere, and spend other money ? This company is just incredible, and still don't even answer privately to him with a simple mail.
Anyway, this is what Ivano wrote to them today :

object : was it worth it ?

I think that my tme is too precious to waste it because of you.
I'm a littel poorer and you a little richer, as you made me pay for your mistakes and your superficiality, but I will continue to sleep very well....
The pedalboard that you kept with you, you can hang it to your door as a talisman, or you can try to sell it to earn a little more, maybe with some discount !
but it was worth it ?

In this mail, after I've sent you the first red psg
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: PSG
Rebecca says : :..... 2 pickups exploded during shipping....
Strange coincidence, even in this guitar that you have sent me there was a pickup broken.
A free suggestion : you better change foundry or finish off better the endplates! The Clients's money are good and true, doesn't explode!
Also, in doing the new set-up you've been able to save (to not use) 3 Bell crank 14 hole, connecting 2 pull rods in only 1 Bell crank, creating fantastic crosses. This is clearly observable, evident, comparing my Legrande II of 10 years ago.
As I said you from the beginning, I'm not unprepared.
Do not take the trouble to answer to this mail.
Ivano.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

It would appear that Emmons has had to build two guitars for one customer. The first, an unacceptable, very shabby example, and now a better one. They've had to pay for the construction of two guitars, and only get paid for one. And,,, they don't like it! Maybe that first guitar will appear again,,, if someone from Borneo orders one!
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Unfortunately the pedal board I was going to send to IVano is off an s10 student model.
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

I'm working on it.
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

Ivano this could be all your fault. You should have moved here and got you a day job two years ago when you first ordered your PSG and went by the company every day during your lunch hour and checked on the progress.
Because you didn’t move here and check on your PSG everyday you gave the company the impression that you were not serious about wanting a PSG.
Also you paid in full in advance which was in effect a slap in their face by trying to bribe them like that.
Worst yet you told the truth about this whole thing. Boy that throws up a red flag on your character in any country.
But worst of all your ungratefulness and your total lack of patience is just not acceptable.
Of course Ivano I’m joking. :lol:
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

I can donate $40 anytime brothers, if it helps, let me know!

May as well melt down those 'End plates' and start over!
A.K.A Chappy.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Don't melt any of it down. It would make an excellent boat anchor as it is. :P
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

Andy Sandoval wrote:Don't melt any of it down. It would make an excellent boat anchor as it is. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

post deleted
Last edited by Nick Reed on 25 May 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Thanks Nick !
if things don't work out fine with Mr. Hatton....where can we find Mr. Dave robbins..?
ciao.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

.......geez..what a nightmare!!

courtesy of the emmons co.
Lee Baucum

Damage Control

Post by Lee Baucum »

So, is it too late for damage control from Emmons? At this point, would things be any better if they went ahead and sent out a pedal rack?

I have a feeling they may be oblivious to all of the cussing and discussing that is taking place on this Forum. Do any of you know if they even read the Forum?
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Well they've posted on here but even if they don't read posts personally you can bet they've got friends that do and probably keep them abreast of the latest comments.