Alesis 8 channel ADAT PLEASE CLOSE.

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Garry Kirchmeier

Alesis 8 channel ADAT PLEASE CLOSE.

Post by Garry Kirchmeier »

I have a used Alesis "ADAT" 8 channel recorder that's only taking up space. The ADAT records to a superVHS tape. Although I have had it for a few years it has been only used it a couple of hours. It is in good condition, works well and needs a good home and some use. I will include two rca-1/4" cables that connect it to and from a mixing device. The unit can be operated by a remote control which I do not have, and can be linked to more recorders. I have a downloaded copy of the manual which I'll also include.

I'm asking $175 plus shipping. (the cables cost me around $40. each). If you're around 100 miles from Dallas, I'll meet you half way(ish) to save shipping.

:( Guys & Gals, While trying to answer some questions about this unit, I have found that it is not working properly so....because I don't want to sell something to you guys that I wouldn't buy myself, I'm asking B0b to close this post. Thanks to all who looked and/or asked questions. I hope there is no hurt feelings.

If I get it repaired, I'll repost.

Thanks, Garry
:(
Last edited by Garry Kirchmeier on 27 May 2010 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Garry Kirchmeier

Post by Garry Kirchmeier »

I'll entertain offers. Sorry for the quality of the pics but maybe they'll answer some of the questions.

There is a 1/4" jack marked LRC Remote. And what appears to be a 56 pin jack for what I think is linking multiple units.

As far as the belts, I will try to check the unit out real closer today and post what I find.

Thanks, Garry[/img]
Last edited by Garry Kirchmeier on 22 May 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Klang

Adat recorder

Post by John Klang »

Hi Garry......I have an Alesis Adat LRC remote control that I believe is for that recorder. It has a 1\4 in. plug on it. Does that recorder have a jack labeled remote? How long has it been since you used the recorder? Most of those machines had rubber belts in them. Sitting for a long time causes the belts to dry out. Can you check to see how much to ship it to Zip 53575?
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

sent you an email
Rick Schacter

Post by Rick Schacter »

Garry Kirchmeier wrote:I'll entertain offers.

what appears to be a 56 pin jack for what I think is linking multiple units.

Thanks, Garry[/img]
Hi Gary,
If you're talking about the connection in the middle of the unit, that is the +4 db in/out which would require a snake to connect to a mixer.

The other RCA type connectors (top right of the unit) are the -10 db in/out.

The sync in/out for connecting multiple units, is located below the -10db in/out.

I've had a "blackface" Adat for the last 16 years and still use it from time to time. Nice unit.

Good luck with your sale.

Rick