emmons guitar - Paolo Ercoli

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Peer Desmense

Post by Peer Desmense »

Ah, now it has become a cliffhanger in a cheap soapserie.
The way you replace your feelings by an icon of the most angry kind ( >:-) ) gives me the idea of not being amused.
I cannot understand that in these times of financial and economical crises, people or manufacturers want to treat customers in a dishelpfull way.
You would think that in order to keep the clients satisfied only the best service is good enough,or as we say: the client is king...directly followed by: arrogance leeds to the fall.
Curious, curious, curious; wait (monday) , wait, wait... ;-)

Peer
Last edited by Peer Desmense on 11 May 2010 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Ah Peer, you are in nederland, so in 2 two days I'll be there, I can come to your house and explain everything :-)
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

or as we say: the client is king...directly followed by:
the Boss is the Emperor
Peer Desmense

Post by Peer Desmense »

Well Paolo, I still have a couple of days off from work (holidays) and if the weather is good (its horrible at the moment, 10 degrees Celsius and rain), my wife and I will be going places.
I would have liked meeting you, but probably we will not be home.
Where is this festival you are attending?

Good luck!

Peer

p.s.
Should we decide not to travel, where can we reach you?
I live in a town called 's-Hertogenbosch (Near Eindhoven)
Buitenpepersdreef 10
Peer Desmense

Post by Peer Desmense »

the Boss is the Emperor
Not too many emperors left... ;-)
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Peer, the place is Voorthuizen, this is the website http://www.ebma.nl/general/master.php?pn=home

it seems you live less than 90 km. from there, not so far :-)
Think that we're going by car, and it will take us 12 hours to reach there....

Ok, feel free to come, you're welcome. My Band, Bononia Grass, will play on saturday, at 4 pm, you can see the program.

ciao. thanks.
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Hi guys, welcome back. The Festival is finished, it was great, and now I'm ready to stay with you for awhile, as always.
So, the mail that Emmons wrote to Ivano last week was something like : "When you sent back the PSG the pedal board was not inside. So we don't have to send it to you, for us the matter is closed" .
So, in awhile Ivano (the liar...) will write here to you all, with an "open letter" to Emmons Co. , and he will say a couple of things, as a lot of you want to know how the story goes.
talk to you later.
ciao.
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

Hmmmm, soooo,the plot thickens as we tune into the world acclaimed show "As The Emmons Turns".Tune in next week for the continuing story of "Where's The Pedal Bar" episode 123.
Brought to you by our good sponsers "Emmons Guitar Co."
Now back to the show!!!
Last edited by Ransom Beers on 19 May 2010 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rpetersen

Post by rpetersen »

ANYONE THINKING OF ORDERING AN EMMONS GUITAR SHOULD READ THIS POST FIRST AND RETHINK YOUR OPTIONS!!!
Ron Petersen
Charlie St Denis

Post by Charlie St Denis »

This is terrible. I've already passed it on
to several guys thinking of a Legrande. It
opened their eyes very much.
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Emmons needs to move into the "damage control" mode as quickly as possible.

I'm certainly not sticking up for them, but I would like to hear their side of the story.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

they should just close up shop with this kind of attitude. can't believe they care so little to let this thing go on the way it has. if they don't even try to explain to the steel guitar community that is their bread and butter, why would anyone expect an instrument with integrity anymore? evidently they don't care!
Don McClellan

Post by Don McClellan »

Many forum members have posted in this thread but many, many more are keeping a close watch on it. Conspicuously, no players of any clout have posted on this one. Why? I feel certain that Buddy Emmons himself is watching this along with Paul Franklin, Bobbe Seymore, Tommy White and ALL the other pros. I know Bobby Lee is watching as well as all those who "think" they have clout but they don't dare comment because Lashley is one of them. Only those of us with no clout (and no need for clout) are defending the little guy in this situation. We do have the numbers though and nothing to fear. I know I'll never buy another psg, Emmons or otherwise. I'm also quite certain I'll never attend the convention again so I have nothing to lose by standing up for Ivano and Paolo. Without us little guys they'd be on their own.
Don
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

There are always two sides to every story but unfortunately we won't hear Emmons.
And I don't blame them.
Every time they post on the Forum the nay-sayers just can't wait to jump down their throats.
I'm certainly no player with any clout but I will continue to do business with the Lashleys because they have always treated me with fairness and respect.
Which is more than I can say for most of those responding to this post.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

erv...i think all members here would respect the emmons co. if they would post a reasonable explanation. honestly, that would relieve a lot of pressure. it doesn't seem that they have been unfairly accused here! ...they posted one semi-acknowledgement of the situation and disappeared...the problems didn't get resolved.

i own two emmons steels and have considered them the guitar by which standards have been set. we have all considered them the benchmark of the steel guitar world. this is partly why this matter is of such concern to us.

i'm a nobody with nothing to gain or lose in this matter. why am i one of the main concerned posters here? i just hate to see anyone get screwed. if that's not the case...sorry...show me!
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I don't have any dog in this fight but, over the years, it seems like every time Emmons Guitar Co. is mentioned there are those who just can't wait to bad mouth the company and the Lashleys.
I just abhor this kind of behavior.
Remember, every time you throw dirt at someone, you lose a little ground. :whoa:
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

rpetersen wrote:ANYONE THINKING OF ORDERING AN EMMONS GUITAR SHOULD READ THIS POST FIRST AND RETHINK YOUR OPTIONS!!!
if you want an Emmons, don`t order it, Bobbe has planty of used or new Emmons guitars at his store you can buy,pay for, and take it home with you...

Db
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

there is one beautiful red D-10 Emmons at SGN right now,as we speak, for $3400..you want an Emmons.? go and get it...

Db
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

Get the shipping receipts. Check the weights. If it weighed more from Italy to the USA then it did from the USA to Italy, there is proof that it shipped with a pedal bar and returned without one.
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Paeolo,

I think can locate a used pedal board in a one of my storerooms. It will need to be polished but if I can locate it I will send it free to you by fedex - I am totally embarrassed over the shameful way you have been treated.
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Thanks Henry !
we really appreciate it, but don't worry, Ivano doesn't want you all to collect money for the pedalboard, he still have 200 dollars left for it, after spending more than 5000 :(
He is only angry by the way this matter has been managed. He will buy a new one, maybe the only thing he can ask you all is to suggest where to buy it, but maybe Kevin Hatton has already the answer. Anyway THANKS A LOT for your offer, but Ivano cannot accept it. He will buy a new one with his money.
thanks thanks thanks.
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

Where is this players guitar? This is only helping other builders get new orders. I wouldn't have ordered a new Emmons even before all of this mess. I've heard to many players talk about waiting for one to two years. A person wouldn't order a new car and wait this long. Come on.
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

Ok, I got caught up on the other post about the guitar. No pedalboard. Don't think I'd be playing that brand guitar after all of this BS! Play that brand out somewhere and get them free advertising by the emblem on the front apron. No way. Sell it and get another guitar from a builder that'll at least communicate. Customer service? Wow!
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I waited two years for my Zum. :whoa:
I waited two years for my 1st Sho~Bud.
You learn to wait for the good stuff and that includes Emmons! :D
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

I repeat once again, that we don't mind waiting, and that we love Emmons guitars. Ivano already have 2, so that's why he asked for the 3rd from them. I have a Sho Bud but I also like Emmons.
The matter is not that we don't like Emmons, the question is another, if you catch it.
Anyway, thanks for the offer from some of you who want to send their 20 dollars, but it's not the way he think to solve the problem.
He will buy a new one with his money.
thanks again.