Eddie Harper

How Do I

Post by Eddie Harper »

Say I have an 8 Bar progression as such:

Bar 1 Bar2 Bar 3 Bar 4
(Gbm7) Dbm7 D Bm7 Bm7/F#Bm7/E

Bar 5 Bar6 Bar7 Bar8
D E7 A A

With 4 Beats per Bar, In Bar 4 How would I have only the Bass play the F# and E notes while the other instruments play over the Bm7 chord. I've soloed the tracks and listened to each individual instrument and the Bass is right on with the note and the other instruments are adding a somewhat dissonant chord. I am using Real Tracks. If it was midi I could try and change a note here and there, but with audio I don't know how I would do that...

Any suggestions? thanks Eddie
Eddie Harper

Biab

Post by Eddie Harper »

Seems everything got jumbled together.

In the 4th Bar the first 2 Beats are Bm7, the Next 2 Beats are Bm7/F# and Bm7/E.

Hope you can decipher what I'm trying to say.

Thanks Eddie
Gary Baker

Post by Gary Baker »

This is a tough one . . . I'll take a stab since knowone else has replyed.

Real tracks are "riff" based audio files. They look at the chord, the amount of beats the chord lasts and uses an "intelligent" choice riff of the proper time duration. To my knowledge, Real tracks is not smart enought to really handle / base notes i.e. Cm7/E.

You could make the bass track a midi instrument and I think it would work OK. Might not be the sound you want so you would have to play with the midi sound card you have to get a close as possible.

Hope this gets your question started back up.

Blessings, bo
Earnest Bovine

Re: How Do I

Post by Earnest Bovine »

Eddie Harper wrote:instruments are adding a somewhat dissonant chord.
This may not be relevant to your problem, but there is a setting in BIAB that causes the program to play wrong chords. It can be turned off, but the default is ON(!).
In my version it is at
Edit menu
"Additional Settings (for This Song )"
"Allow Embellishment of Chords" (turn this OFF!!!!)

Unfortunately, I don't think you can turn off this "feature" globally. It must be done separately for each song, and then each song must be saved again.

BIAB Help says that "This makes the arrangement sound more authentic." and I suppose that is true, because there are many real musicians who also play wrong chords.
Eddie Harper

Biab

Post by Eddie Harper »

Thanks Gary and Earnest for your suggestions. I'll give them a try.....Eddie
Eddie Harper

Biab

Post by Eddie Harper »

For those that would be interested I'm posting the soulution to the problem that I had with Bass Line, Slash chords, other instruments playing over the bass line, from the BIAB Forum at PGMusic.

One Option Is To Generate The Arrangement, Then Freeze The Bass Track, Take out The Slash Chords In The Chord Grid, And Re-Generate. Only The Bass Line Will Use The Slash Chords Then. Be Sure To Save Both Versions,So You Have Them Available, To Be Able To Re-Create Later, If You Are Looking For A Different Bass Part. Thanks Eddie