Nashville Musician Flood Relief

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bruce Bouton

Nashville Musician Flood Relief

Post by Bruce Bouton »

Here is some info about the fund that our local has set up. This money will go directly to musicians.

UPDATE Nashville Flood Relief Donations

Dear Colleagues,
The PayPal Donation link at the Local 257, Nashville website is now live!
As we reported to you, our great musician friends in Nashville have suffered devastating losses due to massive flooding. Millions of dollars of instruments, cases, electronics and other musical equipment have been destroyed or damaged as a result. Schermerhorn Symphony Center (home of the Nashville Symphony), the Grand Ole Opry, and Soundcheck Nashville, a cartage company that stores instruments for more than a thousand clients, have all suffered serious damage. Although media coverage has been surprisingly sparse, this seems to have been the greatest single loss of musical instruments and equipment in history.

We have been receiving updates about the situation from Bruce Bouton, RMA Nashville, Laura Ross, ICSOM Secretary (a member of the Nashville Symphony), and Local 257 President Dave Pomeroy.
The Nashville Local, Local 257, has been reaching out to its members with information, and serving as an effective communications hub for their musical community. They have established a Nashville Musicians Flood Relief Fund to help musicians there. Please consider donating whatever you can to help our friends and colleagues in Nashville.
You can donate online through the Loca 257 website at http://nashvillemusicians.org/?pg=donate
Or, you can send a check or money order to:
Nashville Musicians Flood Relief Fund
AFM Local 257,
11 Music Circle N.
Nashville TN 37203.
We encourage all of you to join RMA in making a contribution to the Flood Relief account. Any amount would be most appreciated and will be a great help to our fellow musicians in Music City USA.
Unsubscribe here
Billy Carr
Restricted

Nashville

Post by Billy Carr »

I'll have a check on the way on 5-17. Thanks.
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Thanks for posting this, Bruce and for everything you all are doing...
Bruce Bouton

Post by Bruce Bouton »

Bump up!
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Last I checked there were 53 responses to a recent thread asking for help in getting one guy what he needs to start playing steel... That's really great and seems to say a lot about the forum...

But ONE response to help hundreds of fellow musicians get through a serious catastrophe?!? This union fund is to help countless working players who've suffered serious losses or need gear to keep working; it's not for the "stars"... I'll bet virtually all of these working musicians have donated their time to play countless benefits for others when their help was needed...
Last edited by Pete Finney on 14 May 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Bouton

Post by Bruce Bouton »

I have friends that were wiped out. A lifetime of collecting Vintage guitars, amps, all their effects and they are working musicians. They also had insurance that didn't pay for floods. Any contributions will help. We need to raise a half a million for this effort to make any serious difference.
Ronnie Boettcher

Post by Ronnie Boettcher »

Thank you Bruce for posting this. It is a total disaster what happened. I for one, will be sending a check to Local 257. I am a mamber of Local 492. If everyone, or at least most members, of the AFM, could make a small contribution to this fund, we could have a substantial amount of funds to distribute to the members, that have lost gear in the flood. That is why the AFM is called a brotherhood. Come on, all you members, and every dollar counts. Thank you, Ronnie
Sho-Bud LDG, Martin D28, Ome trilogy 5 string banjo, Ibanez 4-string bass, dobro, fiddle, and a tubal cain. Life Member of AFM local 142
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

I will have my contribution in today, and I am posting the link to all the Denver area music boards and forums, and will be linking to my Facebook and MySpace friends, too.

I think there are something like 4000 members on this forum--think what 20 bucks a piece would do for their goal and what a statement that would make about our community. It is always impressive on how people step up to disasters like Haiti, but these are our musical brothers, and I challenge everyone to step up and help make that statement, whether you are a union member or not....

Thanks for what you do, Bruce....
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
Olli Haavisto

Post by Olli Haavisto »

Donation on the way, I`ll advertise on FB, too.
Hang in there !!!
Olli Haavisto
Finland
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

^^^^^^
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I received a notification through my 'local' (Tampa), and I'll be doing what I can when this week's money gets in the bank.

I just can't imagine how I'd feel if such a calamity befell my precious instruments....
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Bruce Bouton

Post by Bruce Bouton »

So I'm getting emails from people worried that Vince Gill and Keith Urban are going to be getting money from this fund. They have insurance. The money is going to guys that were hit hard and it ain't gonna be that much. If we are lucky maybe we can give a couple of grand to someone.That'll buy them a half a steel. Nashville's a small town. Nobody's going to ask for money unless they need it and we will know it. I don't have time to answer people personally.
Bruce Bouton

Post by Bruce Bouton »

I'm a little depressed that there has been such a lack of response from this forum. Go figure!
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

It's all about the karma... I'll be sending a check to the fund.
Joe Savage

Post by Joe Savage »

Bruce..I have sent a donation. If you know anyone that is in immediate need of gear, I'd be happy to lend some things. I'm also donating to the Nashville Salvation Army.
Peace,
Ben Elder

Post by Ben Elder »

This fund takes PayPal--very easy.
"Gopher, Everett?"
pdl20

Musicians fund

Post by pdl20 »

Bruce,i will be sending a check to the fund this week at Local 257 as im still a member there and these are my brothers in need. Rudy
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

My contribution is on the way via Paypal. Just deposited it. This is a worthy cause, everyone.
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Andrew Roblin

Post by Andrew Roblin »

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

I like to remember how Nashville musicians--especially my friends at Sho-Bud, like Harry Jackson, Gene Wooten, AJ Nelson and Kathy Sacra--helped me. Its nice to be able to live up to the standard set by these wonderful people.
Paul Wade

Post by Paul Wade »

bruce,

will be sending a check today..

p.w
Jim Princehorn

Post by Jim Princehorn »

Hey Bruce,
PayPal on the way--
Robert Cook

Post by Robert Cook »

Bruce- I'm in.
Left-handed Pedalmaster-10, Nashville 1000, Fender Twin, Goodrich
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Bruce, I did not see this until just now. I am mailing a check. I am wondering if we might set up a way to donate items for sale and the proceeds go to this relief effort. I am going to post something in the Forum "for sale" section and ask that the buyer send the check to this musicians relief fund. Maybe others could do the same.
Jerry
Scott Swartz

Post by Scott Swartz »

I just sent a donation via PP, this is a colossal disaster and Nashville needs help.

Also, I am going to offer a half price and donate all proceeds special on my HSC preamp.

For the next 5 preamp orders I receive, the buyer will get the HSC for $99, and I will donate the $99 to AFM 257. FYI on the Steeltronics order page you will see the normal price, but when you click the "Add to Cart" button, the special price will be reflected in your total.
Scott Swartz
Steeltronics - Steel Guitar Pickups
www.steeltronics.com
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

TTT, see my "relief sale" under For Sale amps and accessories.
Jerry