Help Me Make a wish come true!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mickey Adams

Help Me Make a wish come true!

Post by Mickey Adams »

I want to share a letter that was written to me last year. I have decided to give this gentleman a steel guitar rig. I have everything but the amplifier, and I am asking you, my fellow Forum members if you would like to consider helping me make this guys wish come true..I have talked to him on the phone this week...I cant tell you how excited he is...I plan on taking the rig to him, and providing him with my book and DVD,and spending an afternoon getting him started..
If you would like to help me acquire a decent amp for him, please PM me!!..Peace!...Mick

Hi Mickey,
Mickey, you really have a gift in playing the steel guitar. I'm 53 years young and still want to learn how to play the pedel steel. I started 30 years ago with a lap steel and had a mentor teach me the basic moves for 1.5 years. I never advanced to the pedel steel. My mentor was a steel player in the Bob Wills band for 2 years. He wanted to teach steel guitar because it was his goal in life. Since I have not played a steel in 30 years, my goal is to find a mentor again to help me reach my goal. I really love the steel guitar, but never had the time or money to reach my dream until now.
Mickey, I was a welder for a major corporation for 20 years and then became disabled. I almost had a heart attack and I became disabled in my right foot. I have to walk with a brace or a cane now. So, I took a early retirement from the company. I have all this free time now to reach my dream. Now I have another problem. The eye doctor informed me that I might be going blind in about 5 years or less. There could be a new eye laser coming out in less than 5 years that can prevent this. I have not told my wife yet so why worry her at this time. I only have a short amount time to get good at playing the pedel steel and be a pro at it. I want my wife and my kids to see me on stage or in a band so they can have some great memories. Being on disablity income is another problem because the insurance company only pays once a month and only pays you 60% of your wage. At this time I cant even afford a pedel steel and a nice amp. So,I dont know if my dream will come true. Mickey,if there is one last thing that I could do if I had a pedel steel this year or next year and that is to play Together Again at our home town Old Setllers home coming in August of this year or next.This really would be a grand day for me. If you have a chance could you make a You Tube video of you playing Together Again like Ralph Mooney did in his early years and make another one to teach. This would nice if you could. If I dont get to play a pedel steel, I can always watch your You Tube videos for the next few years.
Thank you for making these vidoes Mickey, you have a big heart!
(name withheld)
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

TTT
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Jack Ritter

Post by Jack Ritter »

Hi Mickey

I don't have an extra amp to give, but I would gladly make a cash donation of $50.00 to help you get this gentleman an amp if this is the route you take. Just let me know and where to send it to you. Jack
Zum D10 8x5,rev pre-amp, TC M300, Split 12, n-112, IZZY, Hilton vp, Geo L, BJS Hughey, Live Steel
Steve Reynolds

Post by Steve Reynolds »

I don't have an amp either, but I would donate $25 also. Let me know where to send money.
Steve R.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

WOW guys!...AWESOME...Paypal... jetdrivr@tx.rr.com
Thank you all SOO much...Youre going to make a dream come true for this guy!!
Paul Wade

amp

Post by Paul Wade »

mickey,
here is a good deal on this peavey LTD. i have a peavey
B/W 1501 i can donate if you want to by the amp for $250.00
p.w
http://steel2222.tripod.com/thecountyoutlawsband/

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=183364
Jack Ritter

Post by Jack Ritter »

I am not on paypal, Mickey Will send a Us money order, tho. Today. Jack
Zum D10 8x5,rev pre-amp, TC M300, Split 12, n-112, IZZY, Hilton vp, Geo L, BJS Hughey, Live Steel
Jack Ritter

Post by Jack Ritter »

Hey Mick, If you prefer not to post your mailing address, My home ph # is 580-234-1563 if you wish to tell me where to mail the MO. Jack
Mickey Adams

Wow

Post by Mickey Adams »

Jack that would be great!!....4347 Allegro Lane Grand Prairie TX 75052...At this rate, We'll have an amp in no time..>The LTD would be just fine!...ill be in Bend Oregon for a few days, and will check back with you guys!!...I plan on video=taping the whole event...I want you guys to see what a little giving can do for the human spirit...thank you all so much!
Jack Ritter

Post by Jack Ritter »

Alright!! On my way to get a MO. Will mail it immediately. Jack
Ron Randall

Post by Ron Randall »

Awright Amigo

Count me in for $25. Next time I see you

Ron
Mickey Adams

Ronny

Post by Mickey Adams »

Ron, thats great man!!>..Come see me this week and we'll make a steel day of it!..

To all of you that have already responded, and there have been quite a few..I am proud to call you all my friends...
Dick Mullowney

Post by Dick Mullowney »

Hi Mickey,

I'll mail you a check for $25.00 tomorrow morning.It's a good thing you're doing.

Dick
Carl Williams

I'm In

Post by Carl Williams »

Awesome Mickey! Let me join my friend Jack Ritter from our great state of Oklahoma in making a contribution. PayPal sent...Thanks, Carl
Bill Lowe

Post by Bill Lowe »

paypal sent... Mickey...very cool thing to do
Mickey Adams

Bill!

Post by Mickey Adams »

Bill...thank you so much!!!>.. :D
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

Count me in. I would love the opportunity to help. You have helped me so much with your youtube stuff, it's good to have a chance to say thanks by helping you do this.

I don't do paypal. $25 check in the mail. Bless you for what you are doing. :D
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Hey Mickey. I just saw your post here, and I congratulate you for what you are doing here for this gentleman. I can definately relate to what he's going through with these horrifying health issues! I imagine he's also going to need several replacement string sets for his guitar as well, so if you'll let me know how many sets you want, and what gauges,(Nickel or Stainless) I'll get them on the way to you.
Mickey Adams

Wow

Post by Mickey Adams »

Stainless E9 standard sets wold be GREAT Danny!...thank you SO MUCH!!...you guys all ROCK!
See Address in previous post!!....
Peter den Hartogh

Post by Peter den Hartogh »

Donation of $25 sent.
Hope to see the video soon.
Best Regards from South Africa ;-)
1977 Sho~Bud D10 ProIII Custom; Sho~Bud SD10 The Professional ; ETS S10 5x5;
Fender 1000; 1993 Remington U12; 1978 Emmons S10 P/P; GeorgeB Weissenborn;
Fluger Cat-Can; Asher Electro Hawaiian; Gibson BR4; Fender FS52; Guyatone 8str;
Fender Resonator ; Epiphone Coronet 1937; Rickenbacher Ace; Rickenbacher NS;
Dynalap 8string; Harbor Lights 8string; Aiersi Tri-Cone; Fender Stringmaster
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Picks and bar from me(will send with rollers unless you need them earlier).
john widgren

Dreams

Post by john widgren »

Mickey,
Can you use a tone bar? I have a good'un,I'll throw in if you need. Please email me if you want it.

Best JW
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Am I in time to send my 25$ ?
I'm working now, but as soon as I reach home, I'll use paypal.
ciao.
Tommy Huff

helping out

Post by Tommy Huff »

hi Mickey,,I would like to send you one of my tee-shirts for this gentleman...please find out what size and let me know.....great thing you are doing....thanx Tommy
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

Mickey..If you will send me the info on the steel guitar I will make and send you a cover..
WILCOX SD10 (love the white mica)
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com