emmons guitar - Paolo Ercoli

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

I think they're trying to prove a point?I'm sure the next thing we'll hear is that it was shipped with the pedalboard.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Johnny Thomasson

Post by Johnny Thomasson »

I have no words for this.

Actually, I do; but I believe it best that I just keep them to myself. :x
Johnny Thomasson
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

This may be the begining of the end for Emmons Guitars.I Hope they have learned a lesson but I doubt it.
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Ok, I woke up.
Anyway, just a couple of feedback on the PSG.
Ivano this time is satisfied. Well, it's not 100% like it used to be, like the "old" Emmons, because it's clear now that something is changed about the materials they are using now, anyway it's not like the first red one he had more than 2 years ago.

The PSG looks perfect and has the same setup of the other, the first one, so it's good.
Looks perfectly assembly and finishes are ok.

About the missing pedal board, we knew something like this may have happen, because, as I always said, they don't communicate enough with customers. If they just "simply" wrote a mail before shipping it, asking for a re-check of everything (after all this mess don't you think it's normal to talk or write to someone who had trouble and ask him if what they are sending is finally ok..? ).
Because, I know the point, the thing is that they asked Ivano (before shipping back the "red" one for repairing) to keep the legs and the rods, and so he did.
But Ivano told them (and we still have the mail of this) that he sent back also the pedal board because it wasn't like all the normal ones, it was satin made, not polished (or glossy, I don't know which word you use or if you understand clearly what I'm saying) so he wanted to have back a nice shine polished pedal board.
I think they still were in confusion, not reading his e-mails for sure, and didn't write a simple mail before shipping the PSG asking to him "ok Ivano, we are sending the Pedal, but let us understand if we have everything here, We didn't remember if you kept the pedal board, the legs, or the rods, or whatever, can you remind us what we are supposed to send you back? ).
2 words like these, don't you think it's a normal thing for a Company who have to help a customer after all this mess ?

Mah, I don't understand this way of acting with customers. Zero feedback and zero information.
Now Ivano have to wait again (hoping that they won't ask him to pay now for the shipping of this missing pedal board ! I hope they will arrange the matter this time).
Ok, enough for today. I leave you alone with all the other happy post here. :-)
ciao.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

UN-FREAKIN'-BELIEVABLE
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Charlie St Denis

Post by Charlie St Denis »

I'm Happy. I've already turned a few guys
from ordering from these clowns. You guys
in Italy have won my Respect with the way
you handle this.

Charlie
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

Other than tone what does Emmons have others don't ,like Mullen,Sho=Pro,Zum Steel,even my BSG?I've got tone,even better now that I put the Burr Brown chips in my Vegas 400 that I ordered from Mr. Ken Fox.Makes a world of difference,if your amp is not sounding the way you want it too consider changing the chips,it do help,especially Peaveys!!
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

Ransom Beers wrote:Other than tone what does Emmons have others don't
Maybe when Buddy is playing it but after that it's just another PSG.
The tone is nothing but folklore.
Marc Mercer

Post by Marc Mercer »

I almost feel guilty when I check in to see the latest news (or travails) of poor Ivano. But, better educated is better prepared; anyone would be doing themselves a favor to check out a company's background before embarking on a major purchase. I did a little searching to satisfy my curiosity if Ivano's case was an isolated one, and almost immediately ran across THIS thread from nearly six years ago:

http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum5/HTML/008225.html

When all is said and done, I believe many feel Ron Lashley and Buddy Emmons built a name, along with quality and reputation that endures to this day; when it comes to Junior, though... well, you try to raise him right, but in the end, he's accountable for his own actions, and he will be judged by them.
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

I am just stunned that anyone could be:

> so incompetent - to ship a pedal steel guitar without the pedals

or

> so foolish - to purposely ship a pedal steel guitar without the pedals, just to "get even".

If there was any question as to whether or not the guitar had been returned without the pedals (or rack) a simple email would have yielded the answer.

It's a sad state of affairs. Perhaps the folks at Emmons will one day come forward and tell their side of the story.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

A pedal steel without the pedal board, they might as well have sent nothin! Man! it would almost be worth the plane ride over here just to kick someone's ass!

Stu Schulman wrote:I think they're trying to prove a point?I'm sure the next thing we'll hear is that it was shipped with the pedalboard.

Oh, they've proved a point all right, that their Company is second rate with shoddy workmanship and poor customer service.

Paolo and Ivano, You guys have put up with more B.S. than anyone should have to and as someone else stated, they should ship the pedal board overnight delivery at their own expense.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Wow, wow, wow.
I've been reading this from the beginning also, and I'm stunned.
Maybe someone on the forum has an extra pedalboard or can make a new one. I would help chip in to get you one quickly.
Otherwise, I wouldn't hold my breath on one getting there anytime soon.
One thing about it, this guitar should be a famous guitar someday.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

If this happened to me I would be on T.V. in an orange jump suit and leg cuffs being interviewed by the guy from 60 minutes! What is going on at the Emmons factory?It used to be like buying a Cadillac,Now it's like buying a beat up Toyota from a crackhead! :cry: :cry:
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

yeah geeezuz...this is ridiculous!!

i mean..what does anyone at emmons think while reading this thread...c'mon...got some 'splainin' to do... and some compensation and some huge apologizing and probably ought to sell the company 'cause this is a huge scar that won't go away!
Ivano Malavasi

Post by Ivano Malavasi »

Hi to you all,
I think I cannot describe better my disappointment better than what you are doing now in all your comment.
I will do like the "old chinese sage", I will wait on the border of the river, waiting for the pedal board to pass (hoping in the meantime not to fall asleep and fall down to the water).
My good friend Paolo will keep you update, with his usual nice style and sharp irony.
Thanks everybody.
ciao. :)
Ivano
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

You guys from Italy have handled this very well. I am embarassed that a company in America would do such business with anyone, let alone someone overseas. You certainly desreve to be treated better that what you have. Here in America, a lawsuit would have already been filed in court. I was hoping when you received the guitar all the problems would be over and you could move forward. You could not write a soap opera this well.
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Why would anyone want to buy a guitar from this emmons company with such wonderful quality, service and communication, when there are so many great manufacturers out there?
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

There are SO many "manufacturers", and "Vendors" here that I have done business with, from Jerry W, to Fred Justice, Bobbe S to Keith Hilton, Bill Ray to Duane Marrs.

ALL of the guys I've done business here with have done everything PERFECTLY. Even Big F and his instruction CDs, BJS bars, Bullseye Bars, and other oufits.

In fact SOME of them actually shipped the stuff BEFORE I PAID FOR IT.

PLEASE youse guys in Italy, DON'T get the idea that this kind of stuff happens over here with more than one or two companies. I'm certainly surprised and ashamed at it for our "craft".

Somebody wants to put together one and send it to them FAST, I'm in for 10$ Paypal or check. Just let me/us know Paolo. It ain't much but I'm not working a lot.

Eric L
Tracy Sheehan

Folklore it is IMO also.

Post by Tracy Sheehan »

Stuart Legg wrote:
Ransom Beers wrote:Other than tone what does Emmons have others don't
Maybe when Buddy is playing it but after that it's just another PSG.
The tone is nothing but folklore.
I agree.I believe the Emmons steel is a state of mind. They were just another steel except for the name before the internet. Many were buying the name and thought they were going to sound like B.E.
I told this on the fourm some time back.
In the early 70s I had a place change my ZB to the rod system. I was loaned a black D10 Emmons. The girl i was working for said that black thing is ugly. The ZBs were a beautiful steel.
I was never so happy in my life to get my steel back and get rid of that PP.
Later i bought a new MSA so as to have the triple raise and double lower i believe it was. I played it on and off the road for 30 plus years until retiring. The single raise and lower just couldent do the styles of music we played. We were not a country band.
After retiring i have bought a new Carter,two used ones,a new GFI and a used one. The GFIs were the most easy to change over to my set up altho i did not care for the large logos. I finally quit for good as i could not rekindle my intrest. Burn out i guess. Tracy
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

I assume if the Emmons Guitar Company attends the ISGC this Labour Day weekend there might be an odd vibe surrounding that booth. :whoa: :whoa:

In keeping with Eric's idea, I will offer a few dollars as well to help get a Legrande pedal board to Italy. Maybe it's time to break ties with Emmons altogether and let donations from forum members replace the pedal board. This would be the ultimate gesture to highlight the outrageous treatment the boys have received at the hands of this company. I'd enjoy being a part of that.
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

C'mon guys, let's get Ivano an Emmons pedal board. I'll chip in also. This just disgraceful. Anyone got any ideas?
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Chris LeDrew wrote:...I will offer a few dollars as well to help get a Legrande pedal board to Italy. Maybe it's time to break ties with Emmons altogether...
Chris, Where are you going to get a Legrande pedal rack w/ pedals for shipment to Italy, if you "break ties w/ Emmons altogether"? :D :D
Don McClellan

Post by Don McClellan »

Edited out...Don
Last edited by Don McClellan on 12 May 2010 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

Great job Don, I was laughing so hard, I spilled my bong all over my keyboard. :lol:
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Don,
:D :D :D :D :D what a creative mind ! wow. laughing and laughing. Oh boy.
well, Ivano is proud to have the opportunity to be named in a song...!! Thanks Don,
This remind me of another story, have you ever checked out the story of this poor guy that tried to be refund because United (Aerline company) broke his guitar ? they didn't want to do it and never listened to it, untill the day he decided to put on youtube his story, and if you follow all the story it's an interesting one, and he is a great guy, you can check the video, that is so cool ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

well, apart all this, I wanted to say 5 things, and, I don't want to seem too good or "sugarkind", but :
1 - Thanks for the offer of sending Ivano a pedal board or some money, it isn't necessary, really, We appreciate it a lot, but we still have the conviction that ALSO this will be resolve soon (and still hoping they will write Ivano giving an explanation of this missing item, and we mean that for us it's enough that they say "sorry Ivano, that was our mistakes, we forgot it, we are sending it now" or something like this, even these are kind of words that we never had 'till now from them)
2 - We are human being, and we work too, we know that mistakes ans errors can happen to everyone. Maybe in this case, more than 1 mistakes, but anyway we try to understand that nobody is perfect and that maybe some "persons" need some help sometimes, because maybe we don't know, but they could have some internal problems that we don't know, and that make them "do wrong" even the simple things.
The way I see the story here, the way I immagine it, is that I see this Emmons Company like a relatively small building, in which now works 3 or 4 persons in total, and they are trying to manage a huge amount of orders, small and big, and even after all this time their are not confident with business relation or custumers relation, so there is no way out, they are like so, and we can only hope and believe in their good faith, and name, and WE STILL have it.
3 - don't worry and don't apologize about the thing that you told this is an isolated case and that in USA only few Companies are like so, because I know, there is no problem, we understand, this world is not perfect, this thing can happen everywhere. Anyway after all this time we hoping at least that they will understand our Amazement, in all this matter.
4 - So, let's wait for their answer, let's hope they will write soon to Ivano, and we will see.
5 - b0b , I've heard that if we reach 15000 views, we can win a Pedal Steel guitar, is it true ? :) :)

6 - Talk to you later. Ciao.