Curtis Potter Confirmed For St. Louis

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Herby Wallace

Curtis Potter Confirmed For St. Louis

Post by Herby Wallace »

As many of you have heard me say, Curtis Potter is, without a doubt, my very favorite vocalist of all time. I have just been talking with Scotty and he has confirmed Curtis to be at the Convention in St. Louis this year. Curtis and I will be doing a set together, so I am looking forward to this already. I wanted to mention this since it wasn't printed in the flyer Scotty mailed out for the Convention. If you haven't heard Curtis sing, you are in for a treat. Also, Curtis will have his CDs in the HWP booth at the Convention.

I know it's still over 2 months away, but Scotty is preparing for one of the best Conventions yet so we hope to see all of you there.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Lonnie Portwood

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

is. Lonnie P.
Lonnie Portwood

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

Oops! somehow I erased the whole thing. Herby, I met Curtis many years ago at my friends place in Clyo, Ga.J.W. Exley who played steel in our band, The Georgia Drifters. We bass fished and picked a few. You are correct that Curtis is "fine". I hope He brings Randy Lovell, excellent drummer, (not the butthole who took his drums and went home early!) from Abilene who played with our "Cowboy Orchestra" at our first "JAX JAM 99", which you attended. Hope to see you in St. Louis. Lonnie P.
Doyle Huff

Post by Doyle Huff »

We had Curtis at our Tulsa show And everything Herby said is true. A great performer and a great guy.
Hi Herby.
Doyle Huff
Sec/Treas O.S.G.A.
Ray Uhl

Post by Ray Uhl »

I heard Curtis in Tulsa...if you like Johnny Bush, Darrell McCall, Ray Price, etc...and about XX hundred others, he's the man for you. IMHO, I enjoy a good vocalist, backed by good steel. Instrumentals are fine, but when you think about it, I would assume most of us were drawn to steel via the vocal artists. At least I was. Feel free to chastise me, all you instrumentalist. Image
john buffington

Post by john buffington »

Curtis did in fact give one awesome performance in Tulsa and we've already ask him back for next year! Looking forward to hearing in in STL also.
John Buffington, Pres. OSGA
John McConnell

Post by John McConnell »

I had the good fortune to hear Curtis Potter and Herby Wallace in Meza this January. What a great set those two played. I purchased one of Curtis Potter's CDs and I have almost worn it out. Wish I could go to St Louis. Herby is right about Curtis being one of the best vocalists around.

John McConnell
Yuba City, CA
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

WOW...It's going to be great to have my friend Curtis in St. Louis. It's possible that Herby and I are two of his biggest fans. In my opinion Curtis is one of the most awesome vocalist around. It has been my pleasure to work with Curtis several times over the past few months and I must say that I never get tired of hearing and working with him. Those of you coming to St. Louis for the convention are in for a real treat.
See ya in St. Louie !!!!!
....Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy