Jim Loessberg

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dugg Collins

Jim Loessberg

Post by Dugg Collins »

All you steelers need to visit www.StarTexrecords.com and check out Jim's new jazz CD.Order it. It's great.
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

Tell you what, just for the tracks he's credited on with Bobby Flores, Miss Leslie, Justin Trevino, Price Porter et al, if you catch his stuff on XM Sirius, either Outlaw Country or Willie's Place, or buy it online, you'll never listen to Nashville Pop again in the same way..

I've been waiting for the worm to turn against FM Pop Country for a long time, and players like JL are there in the foreground, that's for sure.

JMHO.

:)

EJL
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

I don't know much about jazz,but if Jim Loessburg is playing it,it's on the top of the heap.I've watched every Tru Country show and his traditional country steel playing is unmatched.Jim is as good as they come.Talking about tastful licks,if I could pull off 2% of his licks,I'd be great!

Andy
Gary Newcomb

Post by Gary Newcomb »

Yeah, Jim.
He was the first steeler I ever saw play.
Now 10 years later, he's still my fav. He can pull off the most insane things and make it all sound so natural. Great touch, syncopation, intonation and feel.
I bought one of his c6 courses and have gleened sooooo much information and I haven't even finished the first intro. He really hipped me to different ways to use the 7th pedal.
Sierra Session U12, Milkman 1/2, Goodrich Omni, Divine Noise Cables, BJS, Solid cosmic gold, baby 👶🏻
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

He and Albert Talley played in the band at the KEQX radio fan appreciation day in Dublin, Tx. yesterday afternoon. Curtis Potter, Justin Trevino, Tommy and Jake Hooker, Kimberly Murray, Landon Dodd, Dottie Jack, others. Great classic country; outstanding steel.
Hey, mister, how do you pedal that thing anyway?

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" - Augustus McCrae
"From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth 'til death, we travel between the eternities" - Prentiss Ritter

Too many steels, amps & other stuff, and an open mind. I have tube amp bias.
Louie Hallford

Post by Louie Hallford »

Ya'll just brag on ole Jim all you want to.He won't get the big head,he will just play better and better.

Love you and your playing bro.
Peter Freiberger

Post by Peter Freiberger »

I just got Jim's jazz CD. This is really good! Great playing by all and great clean production. And Jim has the p/p tone to die for. His earlier "Sawed Off Shotgun" CD is also excellent! Both highly recommended!
dlayne

Jazz CD

Post by dlayne »

I got mine a couple weeks ago and listen ti it every day on my IPod,,,GREAT CD
Dan Layne
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

I picked up Jim's new jazz cd at the Dallas show. I don't play a lot of jazz, but I sure have enjoyed this cd. Jazz or country, Jim has been one of my favorite pickers for many years.
Ron Sodos

I am going to have to buy another copy

Post by Ron Sodos »

I am wearing out Jim's CD. It is the best stuff since Emmons "Live at ISGC" in 73.
b0b

Post by b0b »

Yes, it's great! You can also buy it from my Amazon store www.amazon.com/shops/steelguitarforum
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video