Jody Carver's new web site!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Greg Sullivan

Post by Greg Sullivan »

This is a great tribute to a fine human being, I could see the stress of Jodys face as he stood there knwowing all to well his wife Marilyn only had a few short weeks to live. Boy if it were me I couldn't do it. Jody my friend.Try your best to survive Marilyn would have wanted that and for gods sake take care of yourself, you look stressed out as can be.

Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Rick Alexander on 22 May 2005 at 05:32 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Thank you to everyone who have expressed you're interest in the HCOA. I will be gone for two weeks to California. My daughter will be accepting orders for the HCOA and Godfrey show.
Thanks again for all you help.
Sunny Callen

Post by Sunny Callen »

Hey Jody!

Great that you are working on the book - we can't wait - you have given so much to the profession and the instrument over the years - the book will become the definitive tome for Fender Steels of the era - and I guarantee it will be the source that everyone goes to - to resolve conflicts of opinion - the book will be a tribute to a great instrument, a great (then) company and written by a great man. I am glad to see that Rick and Sandy are helping you - Steven King once said "Scratch and editor - find a saint. . ." God is with -you-.

The Captain
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Thank you Sunny, it is with much regret that I post this.Due to a heavy schedule Sandy has informed me that she is no longer able to participate in my writing of the book "The Last Fender Guitar" Image Its saddens me beause Sandy was there when all this past history took place. Perhaps with some encouragment from you Forum members will help me get Sandy back on track.
At this juncture my book is on hold. Perhaps a little prodding will get Sandy back on this important and long overdue project. I need Sandy to help me finalize my dream of seeing "The Last Fender Guitar" published. She is an old and good friend with as much knowledge of the Fender Company as I.Let this long dream of mine come true. Image

Thank you
Jody Carver<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 22 May 2005 at 03:57 PM.]</p></FONT>
Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

Thanks Rick....I intended to tell you that you may include any of my Jody pictures on the website that you have provided for him.

.....by the way, why doesn't the url's to Jody's website, and the pictures, work anymore?

Best wishes,

www.genejones.com <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 22 May 2005 at 04:55 PM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

Gene, the server is down and they're working on it. Should be back on line soon . .

Jody, never a dull moment . .

Sandy, help Jody finish his book - Please!!

Look deeply into the wheel . .

Repeat after me: "I will help Jody with his book - I will help Jody with this book - I will . . . "<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Rick Alexander on 22 May 2005 at 05:29 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Keep on trying to convince her to help me, Sandy knows all the back road stories to Fender History that I have forgotten. I need more help, SOS HELP. Without her help it will take me forever and a day.

Thanks Rick. PS <B>Sandy wrote that when she looks at the disc and all she see's is this old guy looking back at her.I'm not old my EYES ARE TWEED Image

Thanks to Rick Alexander for making my life a little easier since last November.

The Knight Of Fender Tweed Has Spoken</B> I bleed FENDER TWEED

edited Sandy has just e mailed me, important.
I have to leave. I'll be back. If I'm not back in 24 hours call out the Coast Guard.

I think a Gibson Fighter Pilot is on my tail.

Oh My Image Gentlemen Start You're Engines.

Good News Sandy is coming back to help me finish The Last Fender Guitar Image LOL<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 24 May 2005 at 07:40 PM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

Well, it's back on line after THREE DAYS off line! They said it was an "issue" with the server . .
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Rick says the server was down,looks to me like the "waiter" took a holiday,tips were bad, they promised the server would continue
on so lets have an applause for the main man who made this all possible.Lets hear it for
Rick Alexander the main reason this web site
exists.Thank you Rick for all you have done for this FORUM.And for all of us. edited RICK left a nice tip. ImageThe SERVER HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 24 May 2005 at 06:43 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 24 May 2005 at 08:59 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

COMING SOON

THE SANDS OF A TIME GONE BYE

Featuring SANDY

WATCH FOR IT.

Produced and Directed by Rick Alexander and
Jody Carver<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 24 May 2005 at 08:04 PM.]</p></FONT>
Greg Sullivan

Post by Greg Sullivan »

If those of you who enjoy listening back to a day of music that is no more,and the memories will stir your soul. Listen in to Sandy as she brings you back to another time and a better place. I have heard the demo's
and I held back my tears. I know those of you who are as sentimental as I will enjoy the The SANDS OF A TIME GONE BYE

Lisa Sullivan
Greg Sullivan

Post by Greg Sullivan »

Bump this for Rick, Sandy & Jody. This is a great tribute.
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Jody-I hope and pray that your health will improve and that you and Sandy can get together and get this most important book out! This will be a big seller for all the steel guiitar players and Fender Enthusiates. You just have to get it done! So take your vitamines and take care of your health and you will make it! ...al Image Image

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Thank you Al.You are always courteous and encouraging. I'm doing as best as I can. Somehow I guess I'm a klutz,I get into more darn situations that I cant handle. In the past weeks I wound up with blood poisoning,dont ask me how, even the doctors are baffled. I was in the hospital a few days this week for feeling dizzy and light headed, my bp is normal as is my heart.Swollen feet and they had no clue,they at first thought blood clots have formed somewhere in my body.

I was released today from the hospital and I had to get into harm's way again. I tried carrying a 4x12 amp cabinet such as a Marshall stack down the stairs into the family room as I had someone coming to see it and possibly buy it. I then tripped and landed on my head and required 6 stitches to close the wound. Now I have two holes in my head. Image.
I have two publishers now who are awaiting a hard copy,which is is the works.

Then I and Rick Alexander will get Sandy and
cut a CD with her singing. She is a fine vocalist and we are waiting for the go ahead from Rick. Look for the book and Sandys Cd and we will have it made in the shade.. After my wife passed I was about to give it all up.
Thanks for your well wishes, you are the PRO of PRO' on this Forum. And yes I do take all my vitamins Image and I even eat "Wheaties Image
We can thank RICK for his making this all come true.
Thanks so much.

Your friend and fan

Jody edited for the hole in my head Image Thanks besides I'm too young to get sick. Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 08 June 2005 at 05:59 PM.]</p></FONT>
Greg Sullivan

Post by Greg Sullivan »

TO THE TOP
Greg Sullivan

Post by Greg Sullivan »

Sitting on top on of the world. It belongs on top Thanks to RICK ALEXANDER
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Watch for the release of a new talent to this Forum. THE SANDS OF A TIME GONE BYE Featuring the voice of Sandy Miller Erkus.

Produced by Rick Alexander Musical Direction by Jody Carver. Coming soon. Dont Miss it.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 27 May 2005 at 07:58 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

The CD Sands of A Time Gone Bye will be released this fall. Sandy has been working on The Last Fender Guitar and she wants to finish that first.

Thank you<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 08 June 2005 at 05:11 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Rick and myself should have this project under way shortly.

Thank You

Jody
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Edited
This cd will hopefully be available by fall at the earliest.
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Due to a few unforseen problems THE SANDS OF A TIME GONE BYE will be put on hold.
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

This server is a day behind. I posted three post with new information and I see nothing.
Greg Sullivan

Post by Greg Sullivan »

UP and away we GO