Jody Carver's new web site!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Rick Alexander

Jody Carver's new web site!

Post by Rick Alexander »

Well, it's up & running - not finished by any means, but presentable . .

http://jodycarver.com

There are about 9 or 12 pages - lots of pics and cool stuff! It's a work in progress. Image

Rick Alexander
RACo Global Multimedia Ass.
Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

A great web-site Rick! You and Dave Van Allen have contributed an excellent and fitting tribute to the accomplishments of a deserving musician and friend.

Gene Jones
www.genejones.com <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 13 May 2005 at 04:03 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

I get sick and then I see this. I feel so much better.

Thank you so much Rick for everything you and Dave have done for me. I'm sure suprised but happy as can be. I should be home by Monday o r Tuesday..Thank you Gene you are a "gem".

Luv you guys. Rick this is a real honor for me It makes me feel humbled yet Happy.

Rick e mail me at home next week. Thanks again Image Image

Jody. edited for spelling<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 13 May 2005 at 07:00 AM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

Dave's HCOA tribute site is awesome, and we're integrating the two sites by cross linking pages. In fact, this could be the start of the Jody Carver web ring!

If you would like a link to your site from Jody's site, click here

Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Jody
This is just too cool!!

------------------
Rick Johnson
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Hi Rick
You can thank your namesake for his excellent
web site which had suprised me. Rick has made me happy with all he has done for me.

I really had nothing to add except some old photo's. Rick has that "magic touch" Image

Thank you,,you are very kind indeed.

Jody
George Keoki Lake

Post by George Keoki Lake »

What a great site for such a great steel player and a greater guy! Kudos to you Rick and I'll be looking forward to seeing much more on the Duke of Tweed ! Image
Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

<SMALL>I really had nothing to add except some old photos</SMALL>
Jody, if it weren't for those "old photos" and everything you've accomplished, the site would have no content. All I did was register your domain name, design some pages and upload the files. It was an honor to have your approval to do this, and I intend to maintain it in perpetuity or even longer.
I'm sure glad you like it! Image

Thanks Keoki!<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Rick Alexander on 13 May 2005 at 11:41 AM.]</p></FONT>
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Rick-A great new Website for a great legend.I can see where it will be just fantastic. Very well done. Thanks ....al Image Image

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Gary Boyett

Post by Gary Boyett »

Wow! What a site! Great job Rick. Pat yourself on the back for me.

Of all people who deserve such recognition Jody is definatly deserving!

Keep up the great work.

------------------
JCFSGC member since 2005
Fenders- Georgeboard- Melobar
Boyett's Glass Bars

Kenny Foy

Post by Kenny Foy »

Sure is a great website. Jody,I really like it.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Wow!.....just checked it out, and it is mah....velous. I love the tweed background. A very nice and wonderful tribute.

Between Rick's and Dave's sites, it is a long time coming recognition of Jody's contributions. Those contributions of the past has given us our present and future.

Jody is indeed a tresure, and we treasure him.
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

Fan-dang-tastic idea. Long Time Coming ! Wish I had thought of it Image Image Image

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF www.geocities.com/squire592001/jason.html

Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

Looks Great Rick !
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

My buddy Howard writes and I quote Howard R..

Jody is indeed a treasure, and we treasure him.

Oh yeah? Just dont make me a buried treasure at least for awile anyway. Im not ready to leave. I have to find my pants first.
Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

Thanks for the encouraging words guys!
Be sure to check all the pages on the site - additions and updates will be appearing frequently!

If you'd like your web site to be on the links page just let us know.

If there's a special JC related thread you think should be on the forum page just send us the URL.

And if you have any pics of Jody that aren't on the picture gallery page, please send them to be included.

Thanks so much for your support - along with Dave Van Allen's wonderful HCOA web site we'd like to make this the best Tribute To A Legend ever!

RA

Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR><SMALL> Jody, what do you mean? Rick should be shot for having so many great steel guitars! I'm jealous!
The website IS great. Everyone should see this guys collection.
Both of you guys are my heros!
Bobbe</SMALL><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bobbe, thanks for the kind words about Jody's new site.
You're welcome to come to Florida and play these guitars any time! Image
We could record your next CD . .

RA
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

I didnt say that. Bobbe did. have him sit in the corner. Image
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Hi this is Lorrie Carver

My dad asked me to finish his story in the coming issue of the JCFSGC and I will try to do as my dad asked. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it out for him. He wrote the true story of a small part of his life and since he is unable to complete his story I will try to do justice to my dad.

"The Frets Of Life" look for it in the upcoming issue,I think you will find it shows the kind of person my dad is and the compassion he has for others. I want to thank Rick Alexander and Gary Boyett to give my dad the time and space to tell his stories.

Thank you all very much.
Lorrie Carver edited this is one of the many stories that will be in "THE LAST FENDER GUITAR" of which I myself cant wait for my dad to complete. Thank you again for allowing me to post this information on to to you.

CopyRight (C) by Jody Carver
2005 "All Rights Reserved"<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 04 June 2005 at 11:25 PM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

Lorrie, we're all looking forward to it.

It's good that you're helping him to get it done - I'm sure he needs to take it easy and recuperate! Blood poisoning is no small thing, and he needs to heal from the inside out.

RA<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Rick Alexander on 18 May 2005 at 05:22 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

Nice site, Rick; and Jody, you know we all love you and pray for you. Take care.
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Hi everyone
I have completed this issue of the JCFSGC and I hope you enjoy what my dad composed. I myself had to have much help in doing this for my dad and without the help of our friend Sandy we would have never been able to finalize what my dad wrote. His spelling and grammar leaves much to be desired. He has the talent to write but he needs help in the area's mentioned above. He has that in Sandy and a wonderful friend that she is. My Mom kept after my dad to get his book out for years now and she never got to see that happen. Sandy has made it happen out of her respect and love for my Mom and Dad. It is Sandy who I should thank for all of this.

In fact,my dad has been dragging his feet much too long in order to have his book finished, and I I know that Sandy has lit a fire under my dad's butt and has convinced to "Get Movin On Jody" so if anyone should receive any thanks, you can credit my Mom and Sandy for getting my dad going again. My mom would be proud of my dad and she always was in spite of his not being proud of himself and always putting himself down.

We hope you enjoy his story of his inner feelings as he was youngster taking his very first steel guitar lessons and I think we can all learn a thing or two from what he wrote.

Thank you Mom and Thank you Sandy for all your help,and Thank you dad for being who and what you are and all you mean to us.

God be with all of you. My dad sures knows how to pick his friends and I am so proud that you call him friend as well. Thank you Rick for the wonderful tribute you did for my dad, you have done all of us proud.

Lorrie Carver edited for spelling, I think it runs in the family Image When his book is published you can rest assured that my dad had a "ghost writer" and that "ghost writer" is "Sandy Miller Erkus", another talented lady who all of our family adores. I just thought I would give credit where credit is due. Thank you all. Watch for "THE LAST FENDER GUITAR" It will happen as soon as we can move Jody along. All our love and thanks to you,his friends. Lorrie edited by Lorrie
Carver 5-16-2005<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 16 May 2005 at 06:59 AM.]</p></FONT>
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

if this thread doesn't deserve a bump, then I don't know what does.......Jody, I've got an extra pair 'o scrubs if you need them.... Image
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Thank you Rick

Many memories here.

Thanks to you.

Jody
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Hi Rick
Thank you for doing this for my dad. All of our family appreciate this. You are a good friend.

Lorrie Carver.