J.D.Maness , Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dale Bessant

J.D.Maness , Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004

Post by Dale Bessant »

I realize that this may be old news for some, but I just had the opportunity to watch this on DVD at a friends and when Vince Gill was on for his set he had J.D. on steel... poor J.D. was stuck way over on the side you could hardly tell he was part of the set and you couldn't hear a note he played ... man what a waste of talent... you could hear all the other instruments jamming but not a note from J.D. they never even gave him a ride to show off on and we all know what he can do! ... I had to really look to see who was playing steel... sorry for J.D. hope the rest off the set was better for him... :\ just another rock and roll house mix I guess.....
BMI S-10,3+4,Peavey Vegas 400,15"BW equipped,Goodrich 120,Zoom Studio rack mount-FX,Liberty Resonator,Fender Telecaster,JT-148 Jazz Box,Blueridge BR-180
Martin Nicholes

JD Maness with Will Ray

Post by Martin Nicholes »

I have owned the Invisible Birds CD for a while, but in talking to Will Ray (Hellecasters)at a guitar show, I mentioned JD. He said he appeared on a track on that CD.

Wow, how did I overlook that track. Maybe because it was last and the only track with PSG.

This 30 second sample here fades out before the hot pickin' starts, but it is well worth the 77 cent investment, or on Amazon for 99 cents, to hear JD trade licks with Ray in 1996 on the Slippery When Wet track.

http://payplay.fm/willray2