My Last Steel Shows

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Junior Knight

My Last Steel Shows

Post by Junior Knight »

I wasn't going to post this but I had some friends tell me I should so here goes;
For over 25 yrs I have had the honor and pleasure of playing steel shows all over the country. But with the passing of my steel brother..Gary Hogue..I have lost alot of the spark to play the shows. And yes there are some other reasons that I won't go into..but with all that said, the show in Tulsa and Scottys show in St Louis will be my last 2 shows. So if you are at either one these shows, please come by and say howdy. Thanks for ALL your support all of these years!! God Bless Ya, Junior Knight.

------------------
Bb is where it's at!

Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Junior, my friend, I don't think that any of us other forumites want to hear this at all, but I'm sure we'll all miss you at these shows.......You are one more great artist. God Bless You and all that you endeavor to do. HAL HIGGINS

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp.

Doyle Huff

Post by Doyle Huff »

JR my friend, John B told me of your decision and while I understand I was quite saddened. The thought of possibly not seeing you again wieghs heavy on me. Thank God I will see you in a couple of weeks, and I
thank God for your friendship.
Doyle
john buffington

Post by john buffington »

This is truly a heart breaker for me!
John Buffington
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

This is sad news for those of us who love Junior and his playing. All the best to you my friend.

Johnny Cox
Richard Tipple

Post by Richard Tipple »

Junior
I think I know how you feel friend, I too lost the desire to play after my dear friend Jeff Newman passed away last April.
Give it time Junior, Time heals all
God bless
David Spires

Post by David Spires »

Junior,

I do hope that as time passes, and circumstances change, that you will be back at many Steel Shows - sharing your talents with all of us. I have always loved your playing, and the way you carry yourself - a true gentleman.

I do hope to see you soon, and I hope the many steel guitar fans out there come to see you in Tulsa and St. Louis.

Sincerely,

David Spires
Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

Junior my friend, you know I understand. See you next trip...

fred

------------------
"From Truth, Justice is Born"--Quanah Parker-1904

Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Junior,
This really saddens me. We've been down many steel guitar show roads over the past years and we'll go down the last two in Tulsa and St. Louis together. Your talent is superb and will be missed by everyone. You are more than a musician friend to us, you are like family to me and Barbara.
We love you,
....Roy and Barbara

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

This is a serious thing Junior. We're all family,and you can't just turn it off and on like a faucet. The Lord has the answer for you ,and you know where to get it ,so go talk to him. We love you like a brother ,so when you hurt we hurt. See you in Tulsa.
JACK HEERN

Post by JACK HEERN »

Junior;
I'm sure you have your reasons,nobody knows your walk until they walk it. Like to see you reconsider, we will miss seeing and hearing you at the shows. You have always been one of my favorites to hear and play with. However, God Bless you with your decisions.
Love Ya
Jack
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Hi Junior. I know the feeling. Love ya brother and I will see you in Tulsa. Jody.
Ronnie Burks

Post by Ronnie Burks »

JUNIOR KNIGHT----MAN I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS---I WAS JUST TALKING TO DONNIE WATSON (GENE WATSONS COUSIN) ABOUT YOU SUNDAY TELLING HIM WHAT A NICE POLITE PERSON YOU ARE----YOU TOOK TIME TO TALK TO ME AND DID NOT KNOW WHO IN THE WORLD I WAS---YOU ARE A FINE STEEL PICKER PLUS GUITAR----I WAS VERY IMPRESSED----I LAYED OFF FOR 22 YRS AND THEN BOUGHT ME A NEW CARTER ( SUCH A FINE STEEL)---I CANNOT EVEN SAY ENOUGH ABOUT A CARTER----IT IS IN THE BLOOD----THE REST OF MY LIFE IS DEDICATED TO MY COUNTRY MUSIC----I SURE HOPE YOU DO NOT QUIT COMPLETLY---YOU WOULD BE MISSED----RB---------
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Junior, I've enjoyed your playing from the first time I heard you play and I want to thank you for being friendly to me when I met you at the old Knoxville show. You're the only one that knows what "YOU" gotta do.
Best wishes to you on whatever you do.

Tony
Bobby Caldwell

Post by Bobby Caldwell »

Junior, I was sad to hear you will playing no more shows. You are such a great talent and that talent needs to be heard. I value your fiendship and your decision, but we all will miss your playing and the nice guy that shows up from Texas and plays his #&*# off. I know if you change your mind you will be welcome at any show with open arms. I love you my friend and take care. Your friend always and forever, Bobby
DeWitt Scott

Post by DeWitt Scott »

I won't be in Tulsa to hear you play but you can bet that while you are in St. Louis we will "roll out" the red carpet for you. There is no finer steel player than you and I have always admired both you and your playing. See you in St. Louis. Scotty
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Junior, this is sad to read. Pay special attention to the words from Buck. Your friendship is so special to me. See you in St. Louis. God Bless you and yours.

Bill Stafford
Charles Tilley

Post by Charles Tilley »

Junior, this is a great loss to East Texas Steel Guitar Association as well as the rest of the steel guitar world. You have been one player that I could always feel I could call and you would come and put on a great show for us.

Take a break, talk to GOD, but understand that your music family will be praying for your returning with a cloud of dust and a hearty HI HO MILLEMIUM.

Take care my friend and I still intend to bother you from time to time. You just don't fade like an old soldier from us.

Charles Tilley
ETSGA
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I have spoken with you a few times in the past and Jr. I have always found you to be polite and willing to answer questions. You were my first television influence in the 70's when you played on the Cowboy Weaver show with Dewey Groom and the Longhorn Ballroom Band. I could not wait for Saturday afternoon to roll around to watch you play. I honor your decision not to play any more shows and I will for one will miss you greatly. The loss of Gary Hogue as your friend and as a great steel player still crosses my mind often. I pray for you and hope to see you at the Texas show if only just to say hello.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Junior, We sure hate to hear of your decision, but only you know what you need to do. Who known's, after some time off you may get the FEVER again. We are glad that we will be at Tulsa and St. Louis to hear your last shows. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. Donna, Jerry & Austin
Jeff Agnew

Post by Jeff Agnew »

Junior,

You are a man of tremendous talent and integrity and I thank you for sharing both with us over the years.

Jeff
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Junior, although I've never seen you play live, I enjoy your talent every time I throw on Leann's tune "Blue" and try to keep up with you. Have a good one, and thanks for the wonderful stuff.
Russ Rickmann

Post by Russ Rickmann »

Junior, may God bless you and guide you in your decision....you will not travel alone my friend. Russ Rickmann
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

Junior,although we only met once at Carter Steel Guitars, I want you to know that I have admired you, your ability and the things you have accomplished over the years.

I saw you some 23 years ago at my first steel guitar convention playing with Gary Hogue and how deeply impressed I was at how well you both played together and at the crowds response when you finished.

I'll also never forget the night I got a call from another great picker Donny McDuff asking me to fill in for Gary at some club near Lake Whitney. I had only been playing around 8 months and tried to tell Donny that I could never fill Gary's shoes but be insisted I do it.

The band consisted of Donny, Wayne Bennitt and Reggie Brown and the locals know these guys as monster players. It was four hours of the most non-stop kick A$$ country like I have ever heard.All I could think of is how stupid I felt trying to even come close to Garys playing that night.I miss him too.

As one door closes another opens and I hope it's you walking through it at another Convention someday soon.
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Jr.-Although I can't attend distant shows anymore, as I have to stick pretty close to home,

I am very sorry that the steel community will not be able to hear your Special brand of steel guitar playing, at all the shows.

I have alwys enjoyed hearing your playing.Good luck to you my friend....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/