Stolen Rains

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Roger Ray

Stolen Rains

Post by Roger Ray »

Not sure where to post this topic, but I just found out my 2009 Rains SD-10 was stolen from my home in Fort Worth. It has a pecan finish and is in BRAND NEW condition. If you're in the DFW area please keep an eye out for this instrument. I will pay $500 for its return, no questions asked. If you have any information please email me at rogerdaleray@aol.com. Thanks.
Danny Hall

Post by Danny Hall »

Son of a biscuit Roger! Even insured it's a heck of a loss just in the waiting time. My heart goes out to you.

I wonder if a guy could put one of those anti theft tracking gizmos in a guitar? They draw power though I think. I know Harley owners who've gotten their bikes back almost as soon as they called it in.

Good luck my friend.

Danny
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings. Ok, well maybe one of the last. Oh alright then, a perfectly ordinary slacker.
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

Thieves are the WORST....so sorry to hear about your loss...
David Kellogg

More info

Post by David Kellogg »

You say you just found out? Were you out of town, was it in a place in the home you haven't checked for a while? Was it the only thing taken? Only thing taken usually means it's someone you know. Serial number available? Call all the local pawn shops as it will show up somewhere sometime.
Danny Crelin

Post by Danny Crelin »

Move this to the announcements section please....

Serial # is 02100

If found PLEASE email Roger or call 817-560-2277 and we will notify Roger.

Sorry Dude... We will find it and get the thief.
Pedal Steel Dude at:
http://www.coodergraw.com

RAINS D-10-Quilter Steelaire-Quilter 15" Cabinets-Hilton Pedal-Steeler's Choice-BJS
Steve Raulston

Post by Steve Raulston »

Hell yeah! It's hangin' time when you get the rodent that stole your axe. I honestly believe that if they brought back public hangings, the crime rate would decrease dramatically! With the justice system being influenced with the likes of the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)and a host of others I had best refrain from stating for fear of a flame war; it is no wonder crime in the this grand ol' land continues to escalate. The perps get away with crime many times because they throw in alleged racial or human rights violations on the part of the police. Then the media plays it up and it's O.J. all over again. Pretty sad state of affairs; our justice system. Sorry for the rant.
Adam Goodale

Post by Adam Goodale »

Roger, i'll keep an eye out down here in the College station area for sure... i enjoy seeing you back up jason every time yall come through town. good luck!
Emmons P/P's into the loudest amp I can get ahold of. No effects other than reverb. EVER!. Come catch a show and be sure and say hi!
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

Bump
:cry:
Ray Campbell

Post by Ray Campbell »

Steve's talk if hanging might be just a little stiff for theft. But I have long argued that such actions should be punished by using the old-fashioned stocks set right in front of the courthouse in broad daylight. As an added instrument of embarassment the perps' name and crime should be placed on an easy-to-read sign and also emblazoned on the back of his/her shirt. After a few hours there they should be placed in chains and sent alongside the roads to pick up trash for several more hours. And weather be darned! Sorry for your loss. Hope everything works out in the long run. Maybe hanging aint wrong after all.
Dwight Lewis

Stolen

Post by Dwight Lewis »

Ray, Steve, come back down to earth. :) I guess this goes o show anybody how us steelers feel about this ten we do. Almost like stealing a horse. Which is still punishable harshly in some statutes. Well anyway let the perps be brought to justice. God Bless you guys and keep the strings vibrating.
Dekley (PRS-10C), BMI S12
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Bump
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

I had my house broken into a few years ago and got my Desert Rose back 11 mos. later - it was at swap meet in California - he paid $300 for it and I paid him that back and of course the freight home.

Had lots stolen - one steel was in a Pond Shop 3 miles from my house and I "got it out of jail" at the police station for $20 - that second one was gone for a while.

The steel guitar family will keep looking for you.

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Danny Hall

Post by Danny Hall »

Well, just hang 'em for a little while then.

Bump
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings. Ok, well maybe one of the last. Oh alright then, a perfectly ordinary slacker.
Roger Ray

Post by Roger Ray »

Thanks to everyone for keeping an eye out ... no information yet.
Brian Powell

rains

Post by Brian Powell »

just beat the hell out of them and break there fingers that will stop that crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
show pro SD 10 4/5 thomas SD10 3/4.2NV400. fender twin amp. evans fet500.proflex 2.boss super chorus ch-1 digitech digital delay.goodrich v/p elite pack seat.1962 fender tele.1961 kay guitar.epiphone mandolin .1945 0016 MARTIN.