Steel teacher in Olympia, WA area

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Werner

Steel teacher in Olympia, WA area

Post by Mike Werner »

:D :D Does anyone know if there is a steeler in the Oly area that gives lessons? We are in Yuma, AZ and plan to come home in 3 weeks. I really need some help as I am at point where I need some guidance. By the way you are never too old to start, or at least that is my humble opinion. I am almost 70 and started learning about a year ago. I know that I will never be great but do I enjoy playing. While in Yuma I met a guy who lives next to Bud Issac and he is going to have me over for coffee so I can meet him. What an honor.....Keep on Steelin...........Mike
Jack Mattison

teacher

Post by Jack Mattison »

Hey Mike...... Iv'e had the same question for 3yrs. now. Can't seem to find any steel teacher in the Seattle or Tacoma and Oly. area. So for the past 3yrs. I have been self taught and using Jeff Newman stuff, plus alot of good info and help from the "Pro's" on this forum. They are always willing and able to help out from here. I've got myself to the point of being able to play with our "Praise and worship team" at church on Sundays. They say it works and sounds good. Must be........ they keep me coming back. :D As far your age..... "NO Worries". I'm 76........ Have a great day......God Bless you and yours........ "Keep Picken" Jack<><
Little Round Mound of Sound. D-10 8/5 ShoBud "The Professional" Pevey NV400.
Mike Werner

Post by Mike Werner »

Jack, thanks for the reply. We get up in your area every once in a while maybe we could get together for coffee or we could visit your church on a Sunday. Send me an email..... mwerner@coastaccess.com...If I dont answer for a while it is because my neighbor is going home today to WA and we are hooked into his wifi. Blessings, Mike
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

You are not that far from Portland, come.

Larry Behm
503-722-7562
Don Van Wagenen

Post by Don Van Wagenen »

Hi Mike
i live in Puyallup and i'm 75 been looking for a long time no luck been playing about 3yrs email me
when you can.
Don
mitchellsd@comcast.net

P.S You to Jack.
Dan Tyack

Post by Dan Tyack »

I highly recommend Larry Behm as a teacher.

I live in Olympia, too, but don't really teach any more.