Shobud Style Replacement Parts- "ADJUSTABLE Knee Levers

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

Thanks Ricky, that is what I meant. I don't write (or think or speak) too well. If the part in the pic is welded it's the best I ever saw.
There is nothing wrong with a good horseshoe nail and duct tape system :whoa: For a while, anyway.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Doug Earnest wrote:Thanks Ricky, that is what I meant. I don't write (or think or speak) too well. If the part in the pic is welded it's the best I ever saw.
There is nothing wrong with a good horseshoe nail and duct tape system :whoa: For a while, anyway.
Hey Doug, my bad, I misunderstood you. Yes welded.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Phred and Ricky and everybody, thanx for the kind words. Just trying to "save the 'buds". :oops:

One comment I'd like to make, is that I WILL do my very best to answer every email and phone call--so if I missed someone, I do not mean it--shoot me another message. You can count me in the "available category".
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Bump for 'Bud lovers the world over.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Jon Hyde

Post by Jon Hyde »

Great looking work James!
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

James beautiful stuff...makes me wish that I still had a Sho-Bud. ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jon Hyde

Post by Jon Hyde »

Stu, you have the baddest most 50's dinette Desert Rose of all time. It can never be topped! Still, you do truly need a classic Bud in the stable. Naturally...
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Jon,I wouldn't mind owning another Lloyd Green...Get ready for son of boomerang,very soon. ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

you should get the LDG Stu.... then refinish it in boomerang mica! :P
Brint Hannay

Post by Brint Hannay »

James, will you be making parts for the later-model, i.e. "Super Pro type" Sho-Buds?

I know you are of the persuasion that takes a dim view of these guitars, but of course the principal fault they have is the pot metal parts--which means they are the Buds most in need of the services of a quality upgraded parts maker! ;-) :)
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Brint Hannay wrote:James, will you be making parts for the later-model, i.e. "Super Pro type" Sho-Buds?

I know you are of the persuasion that takes a dim view of these guitars, but of course the principal fault they have is the pot metal parts--which means they are the Buds most in need of the services of a quality upgraded parts maker! ;-) :)
Great question Brint. Although the Super Pro era are not my favorite shobud, they are SOMEBODY'S favorite, and yes we want to help these guitars as well. Currently, the older style is my main focus, but stay tuned and patient, we will get their. 8)
Benton Allen

Post by Benton Allen »

Hey James!
Chris hit the nail on the head when he intimated that Sho-Bud never made any parts that looked that nice!
Good luck with them.
Benton
Bruce Snow

Post by Bruce Snow »

This is great news, i'm lookin for endplates for an LDG. All the best to you James, will send you a pm.Bruce
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Great James! Now I may have to buy another ShoBud!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

What color John?? :twisted:
Barry Gaskell

Post by Barry Gaskell »

Way to go James, They look the business.
I always feel the crossrod mounting brackets are the weak points in the action. Is there such a thing as a nylon encased ball bearing to run them on, instead of metal to metal, as the mormal drilled angle aluminium is with it's inherant play. That would really bring it all up to date and I'd certainly fit them to my Super-Pro.
Barry
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Oh, You must mean these little babies. More of a bushing than a bearing. Thanx for asking, Barry.

Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

Beautiful, James!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Someone asked if I had some of the "half-moon" brass rollers. Here it is.

Barry Gaskell

Post by Barry Gaskell »

Great James, I think you've got it all covered.
Cheers
Barry
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

It's coming along Barry, it's coming along.
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Excellent work James! A big plus to the industry, and a great upgrade for Sho-Bud guitars. Kudos to you James for helping to keep these great guitars alive and well!
Ernest Cawby

hi

Post by Ernest Cawby »

I noticed you are not using steel but the good stuff.

ernie
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

Why would you want to make parts exactly like the original?
James, there is no way a gospel steel guitar player could use some of those parts that would make a preacher cuss.
I refer to this thing I call a "Gezzuz ring" as in when it flies of the pliers you say "Gezzuz where did that ring go?"
There has got to be a better way.

James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Stuart Legg wrote:Why would you want to make parts exactly like the original?
Because they work. Besides-----Someone with an eye for detail would soon realises these parts are not exactly like the original.
Stuart Legg wrote:James, there is no way a gospel steel guitar player could use some of those parts that would make a preacher cuss.
A preacher who would cuss over a little 'ole snap-ring, needs a decent snap-ring pliars, for starters---------------------------------------