ShoBud S-12 for Sale

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jack Abraham

ShoBud S-12 for Sale

Post by Jack Abraham »

ShoBud S-12, 3 x 4 for sale. Black - good mechanical condition. RKR has one string disconnected. Lots of bar dings and scratches on the body - has been played out locally for @ ten years. Guitar plays and sounds good. If interested, I can provide better pictures. These posted are just from a webcam. Asking $1300 -- would like to get a light weight guitar for gigs - need to sale this one first.
Sho-Bud & Jackson guitars - Peavey,GK,& Randall amps - PODXT & ZOOM effects
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

I'd like to see some more pics, please!
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

More pic's please, and can the disconnected string be hooked back up, or is there a problem?? I'm looking for a 12 ext. E9. Larry B.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Jack Abraham

ShoBud S-12

Post by Jack Abraham »

I will get some better pictures and post. There is no problem with the string that's not hooked-up. It's actually just the connector rod on the undercarriage that is missing. I just never got around to replacing it.
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Jack, just guessing from the bell cranks, is this Sho-Bud's changer a double raise-single lower? Be sure and shoot into the changer end for clarification to potential buyers.

If so, it's like the one I used to have, loved the tone, but the changer was too limited for my advanced changes requirements. This is still a great deal, either way!
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Marty Holmes

Post by Marty Holmes »

Is this double raise single lower? how many holes are in the top and bottom where the rods go at the end of the changer?I am VERY interested in this guitar?
Jack Abraham

ShoBud S-12 For Sale

Post by Jack Abraham »

I apologize for not having posted any new pictures ... I don't have a digital camera; but - my daughter does & we'll have some available in the next few days.

Here is the setup from when I purchased the guitar:

#1 LKR +1/2
#2 RKR -1/2
#3 B +1/2
#4 C +1, LKL +1/2, RKL -1/2
#5 A +1, C +1
#6 B +1/2
#7 LKR +1/2
#8 LKL +1/2, RKL -1/2
#9 RKR -1/2 does NOT have the rod connected (not with guitar at this time)

#10 A +1
#11 & #12 - no pedals or knee levers

The setup sheet has the guitar described as having 14 pulls.

I apologize for not being able to distinguish if the guitar is single vs. double raise/lower. You would think after playing since the 1970's I should know - sorry, I'm just a hack that loves to play!

Anyway, I will post better pictures that should help. I appreciate the inquiries on the guitar ... I love the sound and feel - just need to do something to make playing gigs a little easier.

If you can locate Susan Herndon's "1000 Pies" CD, you can check out the sound of the guitar on the song: "There is No End to My Love for You". I recorded it straight into the board with just a little reverb added. Please don't judge the sound of the guitar by the rookie player !

Thanks,
Jack
Bill Bailey

Sho-Bud

Post by Bill Bailey »

:D The builder of that steel was Duane Marrs, that makes it a real buy in my humble opinion. Up the price to $1800?
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
Thomas Colvin

Post by Thomas Colvin »

I've got an extremely light-weight Lonestar keyless S10 that I'd be interested in trading (plus cash on my end). Let me know if you're interested.
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

loved the tone, but the changer was too limited for my advanced changes requirements.
You should be able to put whatever changes you want on this guitar by adjusting underneath the steel rather than at the endplate changer. Like those knurled screw thingys under Emmons PPs.
Bob
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

Jack Abraham

ShoBud S-12 For Sale

Post by Jack Abraham »

Took some pictures tonight ... will post and pass along to those that requested some - as soon as I get them loaded on my computer.

I'm also going to try and make it to the Texas Convention that's coming up. If so, I may bring the guitar along if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Jack
Jack Abraham

ShoBud S-12 for Sale

Post by Jack Abraham »

Will have pictures by Saturday night. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Jack
Jack Abraham

ShoBud S12 for Sale - Pictures Posted

Post by Jack Abraham »

I've enclosed better pictures. As regards some of the questions that I have received:

1) The backside and upper neck are the areas with the worst dings/scratches/worn areas. I want to make certain that these are known and visible.

2) When I originally bought the guitar, the right hand side of the case broke in shipment. So, I reinforced & repaired what was damaged - you can see that in the picture of the case that is enclosed. I also replaced one of the knee levers that I did not like.

3) I'm going to attend some of the Texas Jamboree - if anyone would be interested in the guitar, I can bring it along. In a "perfect world", I would like to be able to return home with a different guitar. Changing to a lighter weight guitar is my main desire ...but, I'm not totally committed to that. I prefer just a S10 -- that's how I have been playing this S12. I have visited with a couple of different people ... looking forward to trying out some guitars during the show.

I'm certainly open to offers and suggestions. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jack Abraham

SOLD-Please Close Post for ShoBud S12

Post by Jack Abraham »

Guitar has been sold. Donation to forum will follow after deal is complete. Thanks to everyone for their questions and interest.

Thanks,
Jack
Bill Bailey

S-12

Post by Bill Bailey »

:D Congrats Jack, the pictures always help. If you are looking for a great value in Steel guitars, I would suggest you call Chuck Back@ Desert Rose Guitars, he makes one of the best looking and sounding guitars for the $ spent. Check out his webb page, and good luck.
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.