Sold

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jason Spell

Sold

Post by Jason Spell »

Here it is, the one that actually belongs to me.

This is a ZumSteel S-10 guitar. It is all wood, and is a Stage One type guitar, before the Stage One name was used (correct me if I'm wrong, guys). 3 knee levers, 3 pedals, in an Emmons setup.

Its in great shape, the pickup sounds very nice. This is very well built and designed. It includes a nice hard case. $750 plus shipping, USA preferred.

Last edited by Jason Spell on 13 Feb 2010 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bobby C. Webster

Post by Bobby C. Webster »

can this guitar be changed to a day set up?
Jason Spell

Post by Jason Spell »

I'm not sure, honestly, but if I can learn to play a left-handed guitar upside-down as well as a right-handed guitar, you can learn to play Emmons!

Just kidding!

I've got a pending sale on this, so it may be gone.
Jason Spell

Post by Jason Spell »

That's two buyers backing out. Anyone want to step up? I lowered the asking price by a hundred bucks.
Jay Jessup

Post by Jay Jessup »

These are really good guitars and are quite light and small even in the case. There's no reason the pull release changer couldn't handle the change to Day set up but you'd need to be a welder to change the bell cranks. On the other hand, I suppose it would possible to exchange the 1'st and 3'rd crosshafts for each other not sure about the knee lever's though??
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Hey guys< i want to chime in here,,,if you've played one of Doug's guitars...Right now, this is your best buy for a guitar that will take you WAY past the entry level. Its precise, it sounds great, and its priced right. Two THUMBS UP!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

I agree with Mickey, these are great little guitars. But do note that the changer is not all-pull, but pull-release, I think. You have to think a little different to tune it up, but it works fine and plays and sounds great.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Jason Spell

Post by Jason Spell »

I appreciate the product endorsements, guys. Thanks!
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

They don't tune that much differently than an all pull....tune the strings open at the keyhead, tune the pedals and raise levers at the endplate with the nylon hex tuners, then tune the lowers at the endplate with the socket head screws above the changer window. I think other pull-release systems may have another tuning procedure.
I visited with Jason last week and would not hesitate to do business with him.
Doug Earnest
Manufacturer of Stage One & Encore pedal steel guitars
http://www.stageonesteelguitars.com
"Teach Your Children Well"
Jason Spell

Post by Jason Spell »

SOLD!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Doug. When I can afford to get back into learning the pedal steel, I'll contact you for one of your very nice instruments.