Albert Svenddal on the Texas Show

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dennis Atkins

Albert Svenddal on the Texas Show

Post by Dennis Atkins »

Just want to say a few words about my friend Albert. I saw the posting about his being on the Dallas show this year, and want to let everyone know that they will be in for a treat if they catch his playing. He is a very good player, and one of the best to come out of Minnesota, along with CJ Udeen, Wayne Dahl, Cal Hand, Al Udeen, and Eddie Lange.

He is mainly known for his gospel music playing, but can knock out some great country sounds as well. He was the steel player on the number 1 gospel cd in Canada by Jayc Harold.

His speed pickin is something to behold, and he has written a new song in honor of Tom Brumley called Brumley's Bounce. He has captured Tom's sound and does a great job on this song. He has told me that he will post this on the forum within a week a so, and you can get a listen to it befoe the Dallas Show.

Be sure to catch him in Dallas, hopefully at a great time, so you don't miss out on some great playing.

Dennis
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Yes Albert is a good player. We always enjoyed listening to him when we played the gospel show. A nice man also.

Donna
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Albert is a great player and one of my dearest friends. I agree with Dennis, if you're in Dallas at the TSGA show, do yourself a favor and catch his show.
....Roy
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Thanks for the kind words. I am looking forward to being there and seeing my good friends. Roy, keep the ivories warm my friend.

Albert
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Paul Burton

Albert Svenddal

Post by Paul Burton »

I'm glad someone brought this steel players name up!! Albert is one of the finest players I've had the pleasure to work with. Sometimes players that play Gospel dont seem to get the kudo's they deserve (enough about that). In my opinon he ranks up there with the very best steel players in the business. Anyway, if you get a chance to hear Albert, it will be worth your time to go and hear him. Also very easy to work with. God Bless Paul Burton Mercys Bridge Band
1975 Emmons SD-10 push pull, Telecaster Peavey and fender amps
Jim Princehorn

Post by Jim Princehorn »

Albert is on the stage at Dallas at 8:00am Saturday morning, so get up early and hear him. He is soooo smooth.
Dennis Atkins

Post by Dennis Atkins »

I know that playing at 8:00 am is not the best time slot, but all of you who are attending the Dalls show, should try to catch Albert and support his effort at that time of day.

I know that I am his friend and would do most anything to promote him, but his playing is his best promotion tool, so try not to miss him if you can. I can only speak from personal knowledge of his talent, and he has performed many times at the Iowa steel guitar show, and even played on Scotty's show as C T Allen, many years ago, so you know that he is a capable player.

Hope all of you can make the time to catch this player, I know that you will not be disappointed.

Wish I could be there.

Enjoy the show.

Dennis
Cliff Trent

great

Post by Cliff Trent »

I bought a Williams through Albert last year and he's truly a great guy!!!!! I'm looking forward to meeting and visiting with him at the show!!! Love the guitar, by the way too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Jim and Cliff, thanks for the kinds words. I am looking forward to seeing all my friends in Dallas.

Makin the strings sing for the Lord !!!

Albert
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.