'' The O.S.G.A.and Mike sigler ''

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Gary Preston

'' The O.S.G.A.and Mike sigler ''

Post by Gary Preston »

Hello fellow members of the Ohio Steel Guitar Association . The O.S.G.A.Is proudly offering a seminar for members of the O.S.G.A folks . I have a date at our place we call home ,which is the Marlin Dowden Charity Fund Building at 1410 Williams Rd. here in Columbus ,Ohio . It will be free to membership as an appreciation for you being a part of a growing Association . I asked Mr. Mike Sigler if he would do this for us and he said that he would . At first i thought that it would be a good idea to bring our guitars to play along with Mike but after second thought we decided it may not be that good of an idea after all . Maybe to many amps and such . So just bring a scratch pad to take notes and write down your questions in advance so you wont forget them . The date is March -18-th at 7:00 pm . Mike said it would be nice if we all could have dinner together at the home of O.S.G.A Building . They serve a nice dinner there for $7.00. I talked to Mr. Dowden today and confirmed the date . I will have more information soon . So plan to attend this event . This is your chance to get ''Proffesional '' lessons for free .
Don't miss this opportunity to ask the questions that you have in the back of your mind . Mike is a great guy and will answer any questions that you have . See you soon ,best regards,,,Gary .<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 07 February 2005 at 07:02 PM.]</p></FONT>
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Gary
Thanks for the invite.. Im looking forward to seeing many old friends and making some new ones.. Some cool stuff we will be touching on is, Amp Settings, Touch and Tone, Bar Control, And yes we will even get into some speed picking secrets if you all want too. And what ever else anyone wants to ask.
And im looking forward to having dinner with you as well... I always think better on a full stomach Image ..Thanks!
Mike
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Hi, Mike . We are looking forward to seeing you again . Can't wait to hear about how you blaze through those strings . You should get a speeding ticket for that . See you soon ,God bless you and your family . Gary .
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Mike, maybe you can show us some of those Tommy White "grips". Image
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Kenny
Thats a big request! Image But i guess anything goes:0 I am looking forward to this seminar.. I think it will be a ball, I know the phone has been ringing off the hook already with questions, and i keep telling them they have to wait for the seminar! Image
Mike
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

This will be a really great opportunity to learn, no matter what level you might be at in playing, and I know you will all find this to be an extremely valuable time in your life to have the opportunity and the honor to learn from Mike. He is indeed, one of the great masters of this instrument!
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Thanks Mike.I figured since you was around Tommy when you were in Nashville, Maybe some of him rubbed off on you. Image Image
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Thanks Danny for your nice comments . You are right about learning from Mike, he is one of the top players going today and we are very proud to have him right here in Ohio . Thanks again for your help in our jams and events . We are looking forward to the seminar with Mike . See you soon Mike . Best regards,,,Gary .
Todd Meadows

Post by Todd Meadows »

Count me in Mikes one of the GREAT ones.Even with all the super pickers out there he's a definite favorite.
Todd
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

I had the honor of studying with Mike.
He is one of the best Steel Teachers I've ever known, and I've known many. Don't miss the chance to work with him.

- Joey
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Joey you are right about Mike . Todd i hope to see you soon . God bless you . Gary .
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Ok Guys, I have a new surprize for you to see, I won't say what it is till the seminar, but you will be the first to see it before i play it in St. Louis on stage this year.... I may have it on hand in dallas...
Got ya wondering now huh! I Know once you see it, you will all want one!!!! Image
And i have the only supplyer around!!
Don't you just love the suspence.. Image
****** And no hints ******* Image
MS
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Mike, Are you going to be "Zumbody"? Image
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Nope! Not Even Close Kenny!
Jim Thompson

Post by Jim Thompson »

I think I know. My lips are sealed. I'm too busy to talk.
Thanks Buddy.

------------------
Zum U-12 8&6
John Hughey's biggest fan

Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Hi, Mike i have bad news we cancelled the seminar . Gotch-ya . Now i wont be able to sleep not knowing what that ''thing '' is !!! I think everyone is looking forward to the seminar . I know that i am . Can't wait to see you and the ''Thing '' . The seminar is still on . See you on March the 18-th . Best regards,,,Gary .
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Jim
Your right buddy! Get,em ready..
MS
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Image Mike, you have my curiosity stirred up.
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

I didn't even know Mike was taking saxophone lessons. (If you won't tell us, Mike, we'll just make up a story for you!)
LARRY COLE

Post by LARRY COLE »

Mike has a new bagpipe.

------------------
Playing For JESUS,LC. WILLIAMS U12,SHO-BUD PRO1,CARVIN TL60,GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM,YAMAHA L-10A ACOUSTIC,ROLAND JW-50 KEYBOARD,G&L AND BC RICH BASS'S

Walter Jones

Post by Walter Jones »

"I" know the answer since I have the inside track on a new line Mike will introduce. He will have for Worldwide distribution a very good supply of Left Handed Mavericks and that will settle how many were made, Mike has cornered the market on them. Image Go getum Mike.
Todd Meadows

Post by Todd Meadows »

Mike, This is't anoyher Steel guitar capo is it? What ever it is I'm sure you can play it. See ya the 18th.
Todd
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

My guess is it's the "Jerry Garcia Vintage Reissue Tuner".
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

My guess is that he added a suicide clutch to his guitar ! But then again !!!!!!!! We will have to wait and see . G.P.