Remembering Tom Brumley!

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Al Miller

Remembering Tom Brumley!

Post by Al Miller »

Today marks 1yr (feb 3rd 2010) since we lost the great Tom Brumley.. lets lift up Rolene and the brumley family in prayer & thoughts on this trying day for them. and take the time to listen to something Tom recorded today .lets not ever forget the impact this great man and musician has had on all of us as steel players.. we miss you Tom..
Boo Miller
Lisa Layne
AL (BOO) Miller
Mullen D10
76 Emmons P/P
2022 65 Emmons Resound P/P D10
Jeff Coffell

Post by Jeff Coffell »

What a loss. We just can't imagine or will never realize just what Tom has done for the steel guitar. (TOGETHER AGAIN) my favorite, many have played it but none like Tom.

Jeff C
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Sure hard to believe a year has passed by. Tom has been missed by his fans and family as well. He was down to earth and a great individual.
Robert Kazee

Tom

Post by Robert Kazee »

Tom will be greatly missed. Had the pleasure to go to Branson and got him to record the steel part to Together Again, on a version I had a femle singer do.
I played Guitar and Bass on it. Tom asked me why I didn't do the steel. I said because it doesn't sound like you. Tom smiled and said, it isn't supposed to. RIP Tom
Last edited by Robert Kazee on 4 Feb 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Self

Post by Larry Self »

I alway's enjoyed seeing and talking with Tom at St. Louis. Tom was a humble and kind person. a great steel player.I did not know until the last time I talked with Tom that we were of the same faith. R.I.P. my brother. Larry Self
Fred Thompson

Post by Fred Thompson »

A true Gentleman, Musician, and the one that caused me to take up this beautiful instrument. He was, and through his many recordings, continues to influence steelers all over the world.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Rolene and family.
Fred
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

Thanks Boo for the post, and the opportunity to honor our friend. Tom and I were good friends for many years, and I treasure all the times we were together. He set a high bench mark for me and many others, not only with our playing, but in our lives. Rarely, this kind of a mentor comes along during ones life time, Tom did, and for that I'm grateful.
Louie Hallford

Post by Louie Hallford »

Tom Brumley,such a gentleman and a great player.

Besides the memories and his music, the greatest legacy that he left behind, that I can think of, is his gracious and beautiful wife Rolene, and his beautiful and talented family. I always think of them being the perfect family. Love all you ladies and guys.
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Well....Tom didnt cause me to take up steel.....but he sure was the biggest influence when I finally figured out what was going on and how I wanted to sound.
A big Thrill to meet him in Dallas....so down to earth normal to talk to...he knew of me from this forum....so in no time we were pulling legs and telling jokes.....something I said earned me a friendly punch on the shoulder...I think Tom stood next to or behind me in the group photo
I Miss To

Tony
Tom Brumley

My Tom

Post by Tom Brumley »

I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts on remembering "our" Tom. It is so uplifting for me to read all these nice comments about him. He is so missed by the kids and I, but I know God had a purpose to bring Tom home to him. I will see him one day before long and can't wait for that.
Love to all,
Rolene
Rolene Brumley
Buck Grantham

Tom Brumley

Post by Buck Grantham »

Tom and his whole family are super nice people and I miss him and his great playing very much. He was always nice to me when I played his shows in Branson,MoLove, Buck & Mitzi Grantham
Music to light up your life
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

I recently wrote a new steel guitar instrumental and dedicated it to Tom. Look under steel players for Brumley Bounce to hear it.

He was a big influence on me in my early years.

Albert
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.