Dugg Collins wife Joyce

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Curt Shoemaker

Dugg Collins wife Joyce

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

Joyce, fought the battle with cancer for nearly two years, before going home to be with the Lord last night. Service arrangments are pending.
My condolences to my friend Dugg, and his family.
Larry King

Post by Larry King »

Curt.....I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. Dugg is a strong proponent of "our" kind of music. My prayer goes out to him.
Dwight Cook

dugg collins

Post by Dwight Cook »

joyce was a wonderful lady, and was loved by many here in in the texas panhandle, when we were playing we could count on her being there, she will be missed.
my prayers go out to dugg and their family.
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

So sorry to hear about Joyce! God Bless her and her family. From the members of the KSGA. Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Larry Hamilton

Post by Larry Hamilton »

Dugg, prayers and condolences from the Hamilton House. May God give you strength in the this time.
Keep pickin', Larry
Mike Gross

Post by Mike Gross »

Dugger,

We are thinking of you buddy with every gentle thought imaginable. May your wonderful wife rest in peace!

Susan & Mike
Dave Grothusen

Post by Dave Grothusen »

So sorry for your loss Doug. God be with you.
Dugg Collins

Post by Dugg Collins »

I want to thank everyone for all the nice, sweet notes I have received concerning my darlin' Joyce. I have asked the Lord to help me through this very difficult time. All my children and granedchildren are here to help keep me strong.

INFO:

There will be an obit in the Amarillo, Wichita, Kansas and Memphis, Texas paper, but here are the details of her services.

Services are being conducted by Cox-LaGrone Funeral Home 4180 Canyon Drive - Amarillo

Funeral services will be at Red Marble Ministries in Memphis, Texas with Rev. Dave Sexton, 11am Friday morning,Burial in Fairview Cemetery. The Church is on Highway 287 just as you come into Memphis.

Visitation will be at Cox-LaGrone Funeral Home Thursday from 6/8 PM. We would love to see friends that evening. If anyone has any questions feel free to call me at 806-355-7088.

If anyone wishes to send flowers, the best service can be obtained from Freeman Flowers 806-355-4451, but of course use anyone you wish or make a donation in her name to the Make-A-Wish Foundation here in Amarillo.
Jason Odd

Post by Jason Odd »

So sorry for your loss Dugg

J.
Earl Calvert

Post by Earl Calvert »

I am so sorry to hear about your loss Mr. Collins. May God Bless and comfort you and your family.