F/S Sho-Bud LDG

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Don Wright

F/S Sho-Bud LDG

Post by Don Wright »

I just opened a new music store in Sacramento - Village Guitar Werkes (Plek Station) on December 23 and I stock some steel guitar stuff - mostly lap steels, dobro and non-pedal strings, bars, picks etc.
Here's what I know - this older gentleman brought this steel in. (Along with it he also brought an ultra-rare Shobud Compactra 100 tube amp - which I will be listing for sale in the amplifier section of The Forum.) This is an LDG but it's not green, it's natural with really good-looking wood and not beat up with bar drop dings etc. Good solid OHSC included. It's set up with 3 pedals and only 2 knees, but there are places underneath for 2 more knees. I'll include all of the extra parts that came with it,including some rods and pedals and non-original knee levers.
It plays well and looks to have the original pickup and tuners. The pad looks pretty new and the case looks excellent. There is a small split in the underside wood under the pad. It is quite small and does not seem to affect the guitar.(see pic)
I really don't know a lot about these - I'm pretty much a non-pedal guy. I'll do my best to answer all questions and I can email additional pics if requested.
Asking $2200 and I'll split packing/shipping costs 50/50
1940 Vega Double 8, 1 Bakelite and 1 Metal Rickenbacher, Oahu Tonemaster. '66 Fender Twin, Bogner Alchemist and vintage Baldwin amplifier.