Williams S-12U

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bruce Tull

Williams S-12U

Post by Bruce Tull »

For Sale, a Williams 400 series S-12U, green lacquer, eight floors and six knees. Aluminum neck, keyless, stock Williams pickup (I believe these are wound to 18K).

Guitar is in very good condition, a couple of bar dings, but pretty much invisible ones. Exceptional figured maple. Doesn't have a lot of hours on it, the previous owner played it a little, I played it only for the occasional live show -- it was my travel guitar, I had a Sho-Bud D-10 set up at home, so it stayed in its case until the next gig.

I tried to get used to the Universal tuning, never really did, so at the moment it's set up as an extended E9th guitar; some of the pull rods have been stripped out, but all the parts are here.

I took pretty extensive notes when I pulled them, and could probably get it put back together pretty well, but wanted to note that it's not currently set up as a U12. For a Universal player, you would probably want to remove the RKL lever that I installed. For you U-12ers, I'll be happy to try to restore it to the factory setup, as I've got a good idea where all those rods go, but you may want to have someone tune it up for you -- I certainly don't consider myself an expert setup man.

Original case in VGC. Nice travel guitar, undercut my Sho-Bud by 20# or so.

Asking $1,800 or BRO, or would consider trades for a LDGish guitar, or an Emmons PP S-10. Basically, a travel S-10 that feels more like the Sho-Bud, but weighs a little less.

Lonnie Bennett

Post by Lonnie Bennett »

I'm interested. Sent you an E-mail.
Big Ben
Bruce Tull

Trade pending....

Post by Bruce Tull »

Trade pending on a LDG.
Joel Ferguson

Post by Joel Ferguson »

I'm interested in buying your steel. Do you know what year it s?
Bruce Tull

Post by Bruce Tull »

It's a 1999. But I do still have a trade working, if it falls through I'll let you know.

Cheers, bt