SWSGA and Fred Justice Separation

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Fred Justice

SWSGA and Fred Justice Separation

Post by Fred Justice »

It is with deep sadness that I must inform you all that as of Monday the 17th of January 2005,I am no longer affillated in any way with the Southwestern Steel Guitar Association.
If for any reason any of you need to contact me you may e-mail me or phone me at my home,
928-402-4779,Thank You.

Post by Larry Behm »

Gosh Fred just as I was about to make reservations for next years show. Sorry to hear about this, hope it was not something I said.

Time and communication can work wonders. With a little of both maybe things will be different, I will be praying for a positive out come.

Larry Behm
Daryl Stogner

Post by Daryl Stogner »

<font color="RED">ELECTION PROBLEM CONCERNS CLEARED UP VIA EMAIL. By-LAWs Problem.</FONT>

There is an election of the board of director's problem with the SWSGA. We're spread out across the entire state and many don't get to attend election meetings.

Just one member's opinion, do a snail mail vote for President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer.

To lose a member like Fred is nonsense. Time to rethink things SWSGA. Nuff said from me.

Daryl
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Daryl Stogner on 19 January 2005 at 09:55 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

My $.02!
The loss of Fred to the SWSGA would be a GREAT loss...I hope that this will work it self out.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Fred, Sure hope everything will straighten out. I know you work LONG and HARD for the club. Keep in touch. The Newberrys
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

I am so bummed that I couldnt make it to Mesa last week! I had planned for months to go, and then I ran into some problems at the last minute. It was Fred's passioned posts that got me all fired up to go in the first place. I don't know Fred, but for some reason this makes me sad to hear of this. I'm really hoping to be able to go next year. It just seems without Fred there, there'll be no "Justice"...

Mike Mantey

Post by Mike Mantey »

That is very bad news Fred. You are the one that brought us to the show. I am saddened to see this. They should probably re-think what they are doing.

------------------
Mike Mantey
Sales & Production Manager
Mullen Guitar Co., Inc.
(970) 664-2518
www.mullenguitars.com
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Fred has been the hard driving dominant force for the Southwestern Steel Guitar Association.

I used to live in Phoenix and what Fred did to get that organization off the floor and going was tremendous.

I Don't understand what happened, but to me Fred IS the SWSGA.....al Image

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Daryl Stogner

Post by Daryl Stogner »

<FONT COLOR="GREEN">Prayers still going out to settle personnel conflict. Come on guys let's fix this!</FONT>

First of all, I would like to let you know that I don't know anything more about what's going on with the association leadership than anyone else does. If you received Fred's email describing the events, then you know what I know.

So some of us have heard Fred's side of the story and the membership basically is waiting for something from the board of director's. Whether anything is coming who knows? I sure hope so and would love to see all of the ruffled feathers settle back down.

The success of the Mesa Show is something our association can be proud of and this thing needs to be settled quickly.

I would not write in the forum about this, but I'm not sure who in the heck to write to in the association?

How about whoever is in power schedule an emergency meeting of the general membership and we get this all settled quickly?

Thanks everyone, my prayers are for a quick resolution and everyone can move forward with no hard feelings.

Daryl
SWSGA Member
Yuma
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Daryl Stogner on 19 January 2005 at 09:57 PM.]</p></FONT>
Terry Bethel

Post by Terry Bethel »

Fred,
I don't know what the problem is but for everyone's sake please try and get it straightened out, all of you. You all have a great thing going on out there, and it should be where everyone is on the same page. These shows are hard enough to get off the ground and keep building without everyones focus in the same direction.
Fred I know how hard you have worked on this, and I know it had to be a labor of love.
You are on for the Branson Jam the last Sunday in July if you can make it. You are one hell of a Steel Player, and I want everyone back here to get to hear you.
Terry Bethel
Bethel Steel Guitars
OzarkSGA
Paul Harris Show.
Otherwise I ain't doin' nuttin'
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

What the heck is going on?

I haven't returned home yet, still visiting family in the Phoenix area, so I haven't been able to check email and understand what's going on. Like everyone else here, I do hope issues can be resolved, this is a great show, I had a wonderful time and came away highly satisfied and inspired to work hard and play better!

The entire SWSGA staff worked their butts off and as a result, the show went very smoothly, almost always on time. And the music was just amazing!

Please work everything out, SWSGA!
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I too hope that all differences can be worked out amicably for the sake of everyone. Our steel community is too small to have any more bad blood in it. We really need everyone pulling in the same direction please. This is family.
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

I agree with Jim...Fred is the SWSGA and their is no reason for whatever it is that causes Fred to not be a part of this orginization. Fred traveled all over the country promoting that show. I wish I could have made it. Don't know what's going on but it's wrong. my prayers are with you Fred email me if you like or if their is anything I can do to help.

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

Jim Ives

Post by Jim Ives »

I don't know (or care to know) about the politics of this, but it sure seems to me that someone somewhere is suffering from an anal-cranial inversion. I met Fred a few months ago when Al Vescovo, Mike Perlowin and I went to Arizona for the SWSGA jam. Fred is as good a man as anyone, anywhere, and he really seemed to me to be the emodiment of the SWSGA.
Get over your cream puff war guys!
Jim
Arlene Seydel

Post by Arlene Seydel »

Hi Jim- remember me? I was the frightened blonde trying to play for the first time with the "big boys" at the November Jam. We all sure appreciated you guys coming in from CA.
We are trying to resolve this mess- believe me, we know you all appreciate Fred as most in our SWSGA Assoc. do. Just hang in there and we will get this resolved and keep you posted.
I know Fred appreciates the kind words that he's reading on this Forum.
Arlene Seydel
Editor - SWSGA Newsletter
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

<SMALL>By-LAWs Problem.</SMALL>
Usually it's an in laws problem.... Image

Hope all ends well. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by HowardR on 20 January 2005 at 02:17 PM.]</p></FONT>
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

As Moderator, I feel uncomfortable with posts of the internal politics of any organization being aired here.

All Steel organizations are welcome to announce their Events, and even election results here, but the internal dealings should be kept within the membership, which is an extremly small portion of the Forum's membership.

So I'm closing this, but not deleting it.

Future posts like this might be deleted, without comment.